New Releases: Full Throttle, Forever Knight: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    For younger viewers Columbia/TriStar has Wubbulous World Of Dr. Seuss: Cat's
    Playhouse set for release on October 21st.

    Monteray has a couple of sequels for release on September 30th. On Any
    Sunday 2 and Endless Summer 2 will be available for $19.95 each.

    Fox continued the trend of two pack specials with the October 8th (yes it's
    a Wednesday) of Drumline / Big Momma's House (Pan & Scan),Drumline / Big
    Momma's House (Widescreen), Dude, Where's My Car?/Office Space (Pan & Scan),
    Dude, Where's My Car?/Office Space (Widescreen), Dude, Where's My Car?/Super
    Troopers and Ever After/Never Been Kissed. each set has a suggested price of
    $29.98.

    On September 16th View Entertainment has something for those that miss the
    musical performances of the '70s. Sonny & Cher Nitty Gritty Hour, 5th
    Dimension Travelling Sunshine Show and Bobby Darin: The Darin Invasion will
    street for a price of $19.98 each.

    Universal has announced Anne B. Real for November 4th. They also have
    Flintstones (Special Edition) / Flintstones: Viva Rock Vegas: Value Pack and
    Big Fat Liar (Special Edition) / Little Rascals (Special Edition): Value Pak
    set for December 2nd.

    Already in stores from Idem Home Video are some DVDs for jazz and R&B fans.
    20th Century Jazz Masters: Gerry Mulligan, Art Pepper, & Art Farmer, 20th
    Century Jazz Masters: Dizzy Gillespie, Cannonball Adderley, Muggsy Spanier &
    Joe Sullivan, 20th Century Jazz Masters: Charles Lloyd, Paul Winter, Bola
    Sete & Turk Murphy, 20th Century Jazz Masters: John Coltrane, Sonny Rollins
    & B.B. King, 20th Century Jazz Masters: Mel Torme, Jimmy Witherspoon, Carmen
    McRae, Lambert, Hendricks & Bavan, Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis Quartet In Europe
    1985 and Michael Brecker: Steps Ahead In Europe can be had for $29.99 each.

    Warner Brothers extends the Olsens twins franchise with the September 2nd
    release of some mutipacks of their direct to video flicks. You're Invited To
    Mary-Kate And Ashley's Favorite Parties, You're Invited To Mary-Kate And
    Ashley's Greatest Parties, You're Invited To Mary-Kate And Ashley's School
    Dance and You're Invited To Mary-Kate And Ashley's Vacation Parties.

    Columbia/TriStar adds to the already crowded and expensive release day of
    October 21st with their announcement of Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle. The
    marketing exhibits a little bit different twist on the usual full
    screen/widescreen popular with many studios. Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
    (Special Edition / Pan & Scan) will be a PG-13 rated version. Charlie's
    Angels: Full Throttle (Special Edition / Widescreen) is being released
    unrated. Each will have a suggested cost of $27.95. The extras reported at
    this time are commentary track by Bernie Mac (the Bernie Mac Attack Track),
    commentary of the three actresses (Angels' Pajama Party Track), McG
    commentary, music video featuring Pink, a Full Throttle Juke Box and web
    links. The audio is 5.1 with anamorphic video on the unrated version.

    If you want Full Throttle plus the first film you can opt for Charlie's
    Angels Superbit Deluxe/Charlie's Angels Full Throttle Special Edition
    Widescreen 2 Pack. This combines the first Angel's Superbit disc with the
    unrated widescreen version of the second film. According to the announcement
    it looks like only the first film is in Superbit, the second is the regular
    bit rate version sold separately. The cost if $39.95.

    Jolson fans can look forward to Columbia's October 21st release of Jolson
    Sings Again and Jolson Story. Each goes for $19.95. Rounding out the October
    21st date are Marrying Kind, Respiro and You'll Never Get Rich.

    Forever Knight Trilogy: Part 1 is being released by Columbia on October
    21st. No details yet as to the episodes but with a time of 1046 minutes it
    comes to about 23 episodes. Cost is $29.95.

    Fox will release Don't Say A Word/Unfaithful (Pan &Scan) and Don't Say A
    Word/Unfaithful (Widescreen) on October 8th for $29.95. Each has Dolby 5.1
    and DTS audio.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now
    features31,481 titles with 173 additions or changes and 553 Pre-Release
    announcements. The All Titles list has 32,034 titles. Recent releases
    include: Last Week 199, This Week 296 and Next Week 238 titles.

    Preview of Chicago DVDs. Past film reviews include Daredevil, Them, May,
    Phone Booth, Gangs of New York, It Came From Beneath the Sea, Spun, The Hulk
    Original TV Pilot, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, , Killing Me
    Softly, Real Women Have Curves, The Day the Earth Stood Still , Them, Usual
    Suspects and Gormenghast . Coming titles listed before all the specs are in
    can be found in a new list, http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

    Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
    as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
    original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
    greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
    function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
    partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    (http://kazart.com/mec/DVDList2.html) and DVDLister.

    Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
    daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.
    --
    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com
    Doug MacLean, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Doug MacLean

    jayembee Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:

    >Forever Knight Trilogy: Part 1 is being released by Columbia on October
    >21st. No details yet as to the episodes but with a time of 1046 minutes it
    >comes to about 23 episodes. Cost is $29.95.

    According to www.tvshowsondvd.com, it's the entire first season, which
    is 22 episodes. The best news is that the fact that Columbia is
    calling it "Trilogy: Part 1" suggests that they've already committed
    to releasing the second (26 eps) and third (22 eps) seasons as well.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Aug 14, 2003