New releases: First Contact, Spongebob & Alifie 2-Pack: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & in

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Jan 4, 2005.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Star Trek: First Contact Special Collector's Edition will be released by
    Paramount on March 15th. Along with Dolby 5.1 audio and anamorphic video
    transfer the new extras include:
    Disc 1
    Text Commentary by Michael Okuda and Denise Okuda
    Audio Commentary by Director and Actor Jonathan Frakes
    Audio Commentary by Screenwriters Brannon Braga and Ronald D. Moore
    Disc 2
    The Star Trek Universe Jerry Goldsmith: A Tribute
    The Legacy of Zefram Cochrane
    First Contact: The Possibilities
    The Borg Collective
    Unimatrix One
    The Queen
    Design Matrix
    First Contact Production
    The Story
    The Missile Sub
    The Deflector Dish
    From "A" to "E"
    Making First Contact
    The Art of First Contact
    Scene Deconstruction
    Borg Queen Assembly
    Escape Pod Launch
    Borg Queen's Demise
    Archives
    Storyboards
    Photo Gallery
    Trailers
    Teaser Trailer
    Theatrical Trailer
    The retail price will be $19.98

    Paramount also has something for the younger set due out on March 1st,
    SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. There will be separate P&S and widescreen
    veriations both with Dolby 5.1 audio listing for $29.99. The extras where
    stated as including:
    The Absorbing Tale Behind The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
    The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie Animatic Featuring the Writers and Creator
    Stephen Hillenburg
    Saving The Surf Featurette
    Case Of The SpongeBob: Special "Undersea" Featurette With Voiceover By
    Stephen Hillenburg and Jean-Michel Cousteau
    Submarine Teaser Trailer
    THQ SpongeBob SquarePants Game Demo-DVD-Rom

    Paramount will release a special two pack with both the 1966 and 2004
    versions of Alfie set for release on March 15th listing for $39.98.

    Due out fro Artisan:
    March 8th:
    Fear X
    Stage Beauty

    March 15th:
    Gypsy (1993/ Artisan)
    Laurel And Hardy, Vol. 2 (Artisan)
    Toolbox Murders (2003)

    March 22nd:
    Slap Her... She's French

    March 29th:
    Road Kings

    Lion's Gate has several announcements for March:
    March 8th:
    Strip Game

    March 15th:
    Alien Autopsy: Fact Or Fiction?
    Bad Girls From Mars
    Biohazard: The Alien Force
    Fond Kiss
    Hellcab
    Philadelphia Experiment II

    Match 22nd:
    Final Cut (2004)

    March 29th:
    Blind Horizon

    MGM/UA has added to their April release schedule:
    April 5th:
    Amityville (2) II: The Possession
    Amityville (2) II: The Possession / Amityville 3-D
    Amityville 3-D

    April 12th:
    C.H.O.M.P.S.
    Convicts
    Crook
    Golden Seal
    Hawaii
    Hey Babu Riba
    Mac & Me
    Namu: My Best Friend
    Quiet American (1958)
    Staying Together
    Trip To Bountiful
    Viva Maria

    April 19th:
    Ambush Bay
    Attack On The Iron Coast
    Beach Red
    Beachhead
    Four Feathers (1939)
    Purple Plain
    Submarine X-1

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 56,493 titles. Changes and additions this week number 129 and there
    are 2,268 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
    cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
    and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
    the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
    rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
    search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include Deadwood, When will I be Loved, Catwoman, Sky
    Captain, Ice Station Zebra and The Village. Recent reviews include Open
    Water, Wimbledon, Battlestar Galactic (2003), Carnivale Season 1, The 4400,
    King Arthur, Tunderbirds, Two Brothers, Shaun of the Dead, Las Vegas Season
    One, Home Room and The Door in the Floor. Updates to the DVD database,
    including release specifications usually made twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/