New Releases: Family Guy, Little Black Book & Open Water: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB &

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Nov 2, 2004.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Blue Underground has two 'Two-fer' packs set for release on January 25th:
    Euro Crime Two-Fer: Grand Slam / Revolver
    Sci-Fi Two-Fer: Contamination / Shape Of Things To Come
    Each retails for $19.95.

    Universal will release October Sky Special Edition on January 25th. This
    release will feature Dolby 5.1 and DTS audio and anamorphic video. Extras
    will include:
    Feature Commentary With Homer Hickam
    Aiming High: The Story Of The Rocket Boys
    Spotlight On Location
    Production Notes
    List price is $14.98.

    Also from Universal set for release on January 11th:
    Bustin' Loose
    That Man Bolt
    Trick Baby
    Willie Dynamite
    Each will retail for $14.98.

    Just announced by Artisan.
    January 11th:
    Leprechaun / Leprechaun: Back 2 The Hood (Special Edition) (2-Pack)
    Hidden Agenda (2001) / Detention (2003) (2-Pack)
    Monster's Ball (Signature Series) / O (Signature Series) (2-Pack)
    Hidden Agenda (2001) / Detention (2003) (2-Pack/ Side-By-Side)
    Leprechaun / Leprechaun: Back 2 The Hood (Special Edition) (2-Pack/
    Side-By-Side)
    Alice Through The Looking Glass (1998/ Artisan)

    January 25th:
    White Seal / A Cricket In Times Square
    Switch Killer
    Rikki-Tikki-Tavi / Yankee Doodle Cricket
    Mowgli's Brothers / A Very Merry Cricket
    Crying Game (Special Edition)

    Buena Vista has some Winnie the Poo for the younger set out there:
    Growing Up With Winnie The Pooh: Great Day Of Discovery
    Growing Up With Winnie The Pooh: Friends Forever
    Both are due for release on February 8th listing for $19.98.

    Columbia/TriStar has the latest Brittany Murphy romantic comedy, Little
    Black Book, ready for release on January 4th. the release will have Dolby
    5.1 audio and both P&S and anamorphic widescreen. The list price will be
    $26.96. No word yet for confirmed extras.

    Fox will release Family Guy: The Freakin' Sweet Collection (Special
    Edition), on December 14th. List price is $19.98

    Also from Fox:
    January 11th:
    Paparazzi (Special Edition)

    January 25th:
    Predator 2 (Collector's Edition)
    Pauly Shore Is Dead

    Everybody Loves Raymond: The Complete 2nd Season will be released by Warner
    Brothers/HBO on December 14th with a retail price of $44.98.

    Also from HBO:
    January 25th:
    Lewis Black: Black On Broadway

    February 8th:
    Deadwood: Complete 1st Season ($99.98)

    The December 28th release of Open Water by Lion's Gate has been confirmed to
    have both Dolby 5.1 and DTS audio tracks. There will be both P&S and
    Widescreen versions available. Both will list for $26.98. Extras are listed
    as including:
    Commentary by director and producer
    Deconstructing the Shark Myth: A Shark Conservation Piece.

    Announced by Paramount:
    January 11th:
    Unforgivable Blackness: The Rise And Fall Of Jack Johnson
    MTV: Til Death Do Us Part: Carmen + Dave (Special Edition)
    Rugrats: All Grown Up And Loving It
    Without A Paddle (Pan & Scan)
    Without A Paddle (Widescreen)
    Dora The Explorer: Catch The Stars
    It Started In Naples
    Breath Of Scandal

    January 18th:
    Fairly OddParents: Timmy's Top Wishes (Jewel Case)
    Matchmaker (1958)
    Carrie (1952)
    New Kind Of Love
    Fairly OddParents: Timmy's Top Wishes

    Showtime has Penn & Teller: Bullsh*t!: Season 2 set for release on February
    8th with both censored and uncensored variations. Both will list for $34.99.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 53,010 titles. Changes and additions this week number 424 and there
    are 2,147 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
    cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
    and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
    the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
    rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
    search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include Spider-Man 2, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of
    Askaban Recent reviews include Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Dazed and
    Confused, Day After Tomorrow, Star Wars Trilogy, THX-1138, Videodrome,
    Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, Saved!, I Wanna Hold your Hand, The
    Punisher, Magnum Season 1, Columbo Season 1, American Dreams Season 1, Duel,
    Sugarland Express, Kill Bill Volume 2, Law & Order S14 and Law & Order SVU
    5, Law & Order CI S3. Updates to the DVD database, including release
    specifications usually made twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/
    Doug MacLean, Nov 2, 2004

  2. Doug MacLean

    Stan Brown Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in
    alt.video.dvd:
    >Fox will release Family Guy: The Freakin' Sweet Collection (Special
    >Edition), on December 14th. List price is $19.98

    And what does that comprise? I'm guessing it's a "best of".

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    "And if you're afraid of butter, which many people are nowa-
    days, (long pause) you just put in cream." --Julia Child
    Stan Brown, Nov 2, 2004

  3. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "Stan Brown" <> wrote in message
    > "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in
    > alt.video.dvd:
    > >Fox will release Family Guy: The Freakin' Sweet Collection (Special
    > >Edition), on December 14th. List price is $19.98

    > And what does that comprise? I'm guessing it's a "best of".

    > http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    > "And if you're afraid of butter, which many people are nowa-
    > days, (long pause) you just put in cream." --Julia Child

    I haven't gotten the review disc but from talking to the rep, yes.

    --

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info
    Doug MacLean, Nov 2, 2004
  4. Doug MacLean

    Meng Guest

    Re: New Releases: Family Guy, Little Black Book & Open Water: Updatedcomplete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

    Doug MacLean wrote:

    > "Stan Brown" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Doug MacLean" <> wrote in
    >>alt.video.dvd:
    >>
    >>>Fox will release Family Guy: The Freakin' Sweet Collection (Special
    >>>Edition), on December 14th. List price is $19.98

    >>And what does that comprise? I'm guessing it's a "best of".
    >>
    >>--
    >>Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA
    >> http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    >>"And if you're afraid of butter, which many people are nowa-
    >>days, (long pause) you just put in cream." --Julia Child

    > I haven't gotten the review disc but from talking to the rep, yes.

    It supposedly has the uncut version of "Road To Rhode Island" which has the
    Bin Laden showtunes bit.
    Meng, Nov 2, 2004
  5. Thus said "Doug MacLean" <>:
    >"Stan Brown" <> wrote in message
    >> "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in
    >> >Fox will release Family Guy: The Freakin' Sweet Collection (Special
    >> >Edition), on December 14th. List price is $19.98

    >> And what does that comprise? I'm guessing it's a "best of".

    >I haven't gotten the review disc but from talking to the rep, yes.

    Wonder if it will have the same shitty commentary tracks?
    Marc VanHeyningen, Dec 9, 2004
  6. "Marc VanHeyningen" <> wrote in message
    > Thus said "Doug MacLean" <>:
    > >"Stan Brown" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in
    > >>
    > >> And what does that comprise? I'm guessing it's a "best of".

    > >I haven't gotten the review disc but from talking to the rep, yes.

    > Wonder if it will have the same shitty commentary tracks?

    New commentary track are included including one recorded as Brian & Stewie
    for the road to Rhode Island
    ominousspiritous, Dec 9, 2004