New Releases: Elvis Box Set, More TV Seasons: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Jul 27, 2004.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Announced for release on October 5th by Home Vision:
    Deadly Fight In Hiroshima
    Final Episode
    Police Tactics
    Proxy War
    Yakuza Papers (5 Disc Set)
    Deadline (Home Vision)
    Animal Farm
    Battles Without Honor & Humanity

    Warner Brothers has something for Elvis fans. Elvis Presley: The Signature
    Collection on Augist 28th: Included in this box set are:
    Harum Scarum
    It Happened At The World's Fair
    Jailhouse Rock
    Speedway
    Spinout
    The retail price is slated for $49.95.

    Warner Brothers has also announ ced the October 12th release of the recent
    Rob Lowe television mini-series, Salem's Lot. The initial technical specs
    include anamorphic 1.77:1 video and Dolby 5.1 audio for a price of $19.95.

    Anchor Bay will release The Commish: Season One on November 6th listing for
    $59.95.

    On September 28th Alpha Video will release a batch of vintage television
    series:
    Jack Benny TV Show 2
    Dragnet - Volume 3
    Daniel Boone: Trailblazer
    Dusty's Trail
    Adventures Of Robin Hood: TV Series - Volume 2
    Adventures Of Robin Hood: TV Series - Volume 1
    Ramar Of The Jungle, Vol. 3: Terror In India
    Each has a suggested retail price of $6.98.

    Paramount has Northern Exposure: The Complete 2nd Season announced for
    release on November 2nd for $59.98.

    Universal also has a batch of television season sets coming out on October
    12th:
    Punk'd: The Complete 2nd Season ($27.95)
    Jamie Kennedy Experiment: Season 2 (Special Edition) ($36.95)
    Taxi: Season #1 ($49.95)
    Ren & Stimpy: Seasons #1 & #2 ($49.95)
    Andy Griffith Show: Season #1 ($49.95)
    Jamie Kennedy Experiment: Season 1&2 (Special Edition) ($69.95)
    CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Complete 4th Season ($89.99)
    CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Complete 1st-4th Seasons ($344.99)

    Some status changes. Please check the rescheduled listing for any
    re-releases or newer versions.
    Discontinued:
    Anchor Bay:
    Shatter (Special Edition)
    Quatermass And The Pit (Special Edition/ a.k.a. 5 Million Years To Earth)
    Frankenstein Created Woman
    Reptile
    Abominable Snowman (Special Edition)
    Prehistoric Women (1967)
    X: The Unknown
    Plague Of The Zombies
    Viking Queen
    Mummy's Shroud
    Vengeance Of She
    Four Sided Triangle
    Dawn Of The Dead (1978/ Theatrical Version)
    Dawn Of The Dead (1978/ Director's Cut)

    Warner Brothers:
    VeggieTales: Lions, Shedherds And Queens
    Jack Nicholson Collection: One Flew Cuckoo's Nest / Pledge/ Witches Eastwick
    VeggieTales: King George And The Ducky
    VeggieTales: Esther, The Girl Who Became Queen
    Police Academy (Pan & Scan)
    How The Grinch Stole Christmas (1966) / Horton Hears A Who (Warner Brothers/
    Old Version)
    Dark City / Coma
    Larry Boy: The Cartoon Adventures: The Angry Eyebrows (Special Edition)
    VeggieTales: Stand Up! Stand Tall! Stand Strong!
    Larry Boy: The Cartoon Adventures: The Yodelnapper!
    VeggieTales: The Star Of Christmas (Special Edition)
    Matrix Revisited
    VeggieTales: The Ballad Of Little Joe
    VeggieTales: Larry's World Of Auto-Tainment (Special Edition)
    VeggieTales: Madame Blueberry: A Lesson In Thankfulness
    VeggieTales: The Toy That Saved Christmas (Special Edition)
    VeggieTales: God Wants Me To Forgive Them!?!
    VeggieTales: Larry-Boy And The Rumor Weed
    Short #05: Diversity
    VeggieTales: Larry-Boy And The Fib From Outer Space
    Short #09: Trust
    VeggieTales: Lyle The Kindly Viking (Warner Brothers)
    Larry Boy: The Cartoon Adventures: Leggo My Ego
    3-2-1 Penguins!: Amazing Carnival Of Complaining
    3-2-1 Penguins!: Runaway Pride At Lightstation Kilowatt
    VeggieTales Classics: Where's God When I'm Scared
    3-2-1 Penguins!: The Cheating Scales Of Bullamanka
    3-2-1 Penguins!: Trouble On Planet Wait-Your-Turn
    VeggieTales: Josh And The Big Wall!
    VeggieTales Classics: Lyle The Kindly Viking
    VeggieTales: Rack, Shack And Benny
    VeggieTales: Easter Carol
    VeggieTales Classics: Dave And The Giant Pickle
    VeggieTales Classics: Ultimate Silly Song Countdown
    NBA: Ultimate Jordan
    VeggieTales: The Ultimate Silly Song Countdown (Warner Brothers)
    Babylon 5: The Complete Seasons 1-2
    Day For Night

    Universal:
    Parenthood
    Spartacus (1960/ Universal/ Movie-Only Edition)
    John Belushi Collection: 1941 / Animal House / The Blues Brothers
    Meet Joe Black

    Paramount:
    Star Trek TV #06: Miri / Conscience Of The King (Checkpoint)
    Election (Special Edition/ Checkpoint)
    Star Trek TV #04: Charlie X / Balance Of Terror (Checkpoint)
    Star Trek TV #05: What Are Little Girls Made Of? / Dagger Of The Mind
    (Checkpoint)
    Star Trek TV #03: The Man Trap / The Naked Time (Checkpoint)

    HBO:
    Sopranos: The Complete Seasons 1-2
    Benny Hill: Golden Greats

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 47,012 titles. Changes and additions this week number 428 and there
    are 2,546 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
    cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
    and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
    the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
    rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
    search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include Goodfellas, Godsend, Kill Bill Volume 2, Predator
    and Recent reviews include Hellboy, The Dreamers, High Art, Blazing Saddles
    30th Anniversary, Dead Like Me Season 1, Butterfly Effect, Monster, Under
    the Lighthouse Dancing, The Company, Paycheck, The Great Escape and Six Feet
    Under: Season 2. Updates to the DVD database, including release
    specifications usually made twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/
    Doug MacLean, Jul 27, 2004

  2. Doug MacLean

    JMas493 Guest

    >Warner Brothers has something for Elvis fans. Elvis Presley: The Signature
    >Collection on Augist 28th: Included in this box set are:
    >Harum Scarum
    >It Happened At The World's Fair
    >Jailhouse Rock
    >Speedway

    Since Elvis continues to be a moneymaker, I wonder why the TV series Elvis with
    Michael St. Gerard has never been released. Priscilla Presley was one of the
    people behind it. I thought it was very well done - better than most Elvis
    movies. There were 13 half-hour episodes, only 10 of which were aired.

    John
    JMas493, Jul 27, 2004