New Releases: Easy Rider, Christine & More 2-Packs: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info l

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Jul 23, 2004.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    A few announcements from Columbia/TriStar that includes part of their line
    of special editions. All are set for release on September 28th:
    My New Gun
    Sniper 3
    Tess (Special Edition)

    Easy Rider (35th Anniversary Edition)
    Making-of Documentary Easy Rider: Shaking the Cage: Featuring New Interviews
    with Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper and More
    Dennis Hooper Audio Commentary
    Production Notes
    Interactive Menus
    Talent Files

    Christine (Special Edition)
    Director John Carpenter's Commentary
    20 Deleted Scenes
    3 Featurettes

    A few announcements from Falcon Picture Group. A good number are old
    television shows from the late fifties. All will list for $9.99.
    September 7th:
    Adventures Of Ozzie & Harriet #3
    Beyond Tomorrow (Falcon)
    Jack Benny Program #4
    Kirk Douglas Double Feature #1
    Lorretta Young Show #1
    Red Skelton Show #2
    Rough Riders Triple Feature #1
    Sky King #1

    October 5th:
    Decoy #1
    Dollface
    Jack Benny Program #5
    Mr. & Mrs. North #3

    On September 28th Kultur has the eclectic mix of classical music and sports.
    Brooklyn Dodgers: Dem Bums
    Carols For Christmas
    Classical Christmas
    Great Puccini Love Scenes
    Great Tenor Performances
    Italians In America: Our Contribution (Kultur)
    Leonard Bernstein: The Young People's Concerts
    New York Mets: The Greatest Season
    New York Yankees: Dynasty
    Nutcracker (Baryshnikov)
    Opera Hits
    Russian Opera At The Bolshoi

    Warner Brothers will release all three installments of their That's
    Entertainment series on October 12th. Each disc will cost $19.95 or you can
    go for the box set containing all three for $49.95. The technical
    specifications are Dolby 5.1 audio and anamorphic video.

    Some non-American horror flicks will be released by Rykodisc on August 3rd.
    Included are:
    Alucarda
    Aswang (Director's Cut)
    Aswang (Rated)
    Blood Of The Virgins
    Diabolical Dr. Z
    Living Corpse
    Mill Of The Stone Women
    Seven Women For Satan

    A couple of announcements from Universal. More in the growing trend of
    repackaging previous releases in two packs.
    Win A Date With Tad Hamilton! / Forces Of Nature
    American Werewolf In London / Cat People
    Cape Fear (1991) / Cape Fear (1962)
    Eurotrip / Road Trip (2 Pack)
    Along Came Polly / Reality Bites (2 Pack)
    Each is scheduled for release on October 5th listing for $24.99. All have
    the same specifications as the original releases.

    From the Universal Music division some $6.99 flicks, mostly former made for
    television movies.
    Silencers
    Ancient Warriors
    Cybertracker 2
    Ed McBain's 87th Precinct: Heatwave
    Get Smart, Again!
    Hush Little Baby
    King Midas
    Lessons For An Assassin
    Magic Kid
    Man Against Mob: Chinatown Murder
    Mike Hammer: Song Bird
    Naked Lie
    Night Owl
    Phobic
    Prince Of Bel Air
    Sparks: The Price Of Passion
    Stray
    Victim Of Beauty
    Wrong Number
    The release date for each will be August 3rd.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 46,640 titles. Changes and additions this week number 505 and there
    are 2,524 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
    cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
    and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
    the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
    rescheduled or reissued. Now tables for director and actors has been added.
    Search function for the database, (including UPC search) complements of site
    partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include Goodfellas, Godsend, Kill Bill Volume 2, Hellboy,
    Predator and High Art. Recent reviews include The Dreamers, Blazing Saddles
    30th Anniversary, Dead Like Me Season 1, Butterfly Effect, Monster, Under
    the Lighthouse Dancing, The Company, Paycheck, The Great Escape and Six Feet
    Under: Season 2. Updates to the DVD database, including release
    specifications usually made twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

    Doug MacLean, Jul 23, 2004

  2. Doug MacLean

    Tarkus Guest

    On 7/22/2004 9:07:50 PM, Doug MacLean wrote:

    > American Werewolf In London / Cat People
    > Cape Fear (1991) / Cape Fear (1962)
    > Eurotrip / Road Trip (2 Pack)

    Nice.
    --
    "The thing about a shark, it's got lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a
    doll's eyes. When it comes at you it doesn't seem to be livin'... until

    Now playing: the radio

    Tarkus, Jul 23, 2004

  3. Doug MacLean

    Dennis M Guest

    >Easy Rider (35th Anniversary Edition)
    >Making-of Documentary Easy Rider: Shaking the Cage: Featuring New
    >Interviews with Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper and More
    >Dennis Hopper Audio Commentary
    >Production Notes
    >Interactive Menus
    >Talent Files

    Yeah sure, people who already own the "30th Anniversary Special Edition"
    Easy Rider are going to be beating a path to the DVD store to upgrade.

    Columbia should find some neglected title from their library to release
    instead of this kind of overkill.

    Dennis M, Jul 24, 2004