New Releases: Dawn of the Dead, Eternal Sunshine & American Dreams: Updated complete downloadable R1

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Jun 17, 2004.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Just announced from Columbia/TriStar, Starsky And Hutch: Complete 2nd Season
    will be released on July 20th. The price of the box set will be $49.95.

    Also from Columbia several titles due out on August 24th:
    Boa Vs. Python
    Godzilla: The Animated Series - Monster Wars ($14.95)
    Lilith
    Lord Jim
    Raising Victor Vargas (Special Edition)
    Excepted where noted the retail price for each disc will be $24.95.

    Wire: The Complete 1st Season will be released by HBO on September 21st
    listing for $99.98.

    Announced by Alpha Video for release on August 31st a rather large and
    diverse batch of DVD titles. All will list for $9.98. Included are:
    Legion Of Missing Men
    Lights Of Old Santa Fe
    Medic: TV Series
    Melody for Three
    Mondo Balordo
    Ramar Of The Jungle, Vol. 4
    Rawhide
    Second Chorus
    This Is The Army
    Trapped By Television
    Bat (1926)
    Christmas Cartoon Classics
    Ozzie And Harriett: Christmas Classics
    City Without Men
    Country Gentlemen
    Dawn On The Great Divide
    Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde (2002)
    Drums Of Jeopardy
    Embalmer (1966)
    Flight To Nowhere
    Home In Oklahoma
    It's A Joke Son
    Last Man On Earth
    Ipcress File

    A few announcements in from Universal. Dawn Of The Dead will be released as
    an Unrated director's cut on October 5th. They will have separate pan & scan
    and anamorphic wide screen releases. Both will have Dolby 5.1 audio and list
    for $29.98. The extras were announced as including:
    The Lost Tape: Andy's Terrifying Last Days Revealed
    Special Bulletin: We Interrupt This Program!
    Undead Scenes with Commentary by Director Zack Snyder
    Raising the Dead
    Attack of the Living Dead
    Splitting Headaches: Anatomy of Exploding Heads
    Feature Commentary with Director Zack Snyder and Producer Eric Newman
    DVD-Rom Features

    On September 28th Universal has Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, also
    with separate P&S and anamorphic variation. Both have Dolby 5.1 and DTS
    audio and will retail for $29.98. Extrasare still pending.

    The television series that casts modern music stars as pop stars of the
    sixties, American Dreams, will have the complete first season released by
    Universal on September 7th. The list prince was given as $89.98.

    Universal has announced that two of their two pack sets are now
    discontinued:
    8 Mile (Widescreen/ Edited Supplement) / Empire
    Red Dragon (Widescreen) / Bone Collector

    Several made for cable movies are being released on September 14th by HBO:
    Flashpoint
    White Mile
    Afterburn
    Norma Jean & Marilyn
    Hostile Waters
    Perfect Witness
    Each has a list price of $9.98.

    HBO will release Mr. Show: The Complete 4th Season on September 21st listing
    for $34.95.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 45,120 titles. Changes and additions this week number 338 and there
    are 2,339 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
    cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
    and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
    the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
    rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
    search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include The Dreamers, Butterfly Effect, Blazing Saddles
    30th Anniversary, Six Feet Under: Season 2, Under the Lighthouse Dancing and
    High Art. Recent reviews include Dead Like Me Season 1, Monster, The
    Company, Paycheck, The Great Escape and The Girl with a Pear Earring.
    Updates to the DVD database, including release specifications usually made
    twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/
    Doug MacLean, Jun 17, 2004

  2. >
    > A few announcements in from Universal. Dawn Of The Dead will be released as
    > an Unrated director's cut on October 5th. They will have separate pan & scan
    > and anamorphic wide screen releases. Both will have Dolby 5.1 audio and list
    > for $29.98. The extras were announced as including:
    > The Lost Tape: Andy's Terrifying Last Days Revealed
    > Special Bulletin: We Interrupt This Program!
    > Undead Scenes with Commentary by Director Zack Snyder
    > Raising the Dead
    > Attack of the Living Dead
    > Splitting Headaches: Anatomy of Exploding Heads
    > Feature Commentary with Director Zack Snyder and Producer Eric Newman
    > DVD-Rom Features
    >
    > On September 28th Universal has Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, also
    > with separate P&S and anamorphic variation. Both have Dolby 5.1 and DTS
    > audio and will retail for $29.98. Extrasare still pending.

    warming up Azureus as we speak.
    Fish! (mmm Thecla), Jun 17, 2004

  3. Doug MacLean

    JMas493 Guest

    Re: New Releases: Dawn of the Dead, Eternal Sunshine & American Dreams: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB

    >The television series that casts modern music stars as pop stars of the
    >sixties, American Dreams, will have the complete first season released by
    >Universal on September 7th. The list prince was given as $89.98.

    Any word on whether all the original music will be intact? Some shows have had
    to substitute a lot of new music, with disappointing results.

    John
    JMas493, Jun 17, 2004
  4. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "JMas493" <> wrote in message
    > >The television series that casts modern music stars as pop stars of the
    > >sixties, American Dreams, will have the complete first season released by
    > >Universal on September 7th. The list prince was given as $89.98.

    > Any word on whether all the original music will be intact? Some shows

    have had
    > to substitute a lot of new music, with disappointing results.
    >
    > John

    Looks like the original music was licensed with a DVD in mind. From the
    studio announcement I received:

    "An evocative series set against the memorable, upbeat sounds of the 1960's,
    American Dreams depicts a more innocent America, bracing for cultural
    turbulence ahead, as seen through the youthful Pryor family. 16-year-old Meg
    Pryor (Snow) pursues her dreams of dancing on Dick Clark's "American
    Bandstand", allowing the series to showcase performances from today's
    hottest music artists appearing as 1960's music icons. All 25 episodes from
    the first season, including extended director's cut episodes featuring full
    length musical performances from artists like Usher, Ashanti, Kelly Rowland
    of Destiny's Child, Michelle Branch, Vanessa Carlton, India.Arie and many
    more!"

    I hope this helps.

    --

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info
    Doug MacLean, Jun 17, 2004
  5. Doug MacLean

    JMas493 Guest

    Re: New Releases: Dawn of the Dead, Eternal Sunshine & American Dreams: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD

    Thanks. I would think current shows are including the possibility of a DVD
    release when they originally license the music.

    John
    JMas493, Jun 17, 2004