New Releases: Criterion additions, WB Gangsters & Coupling: Complete: Updated complete downloadable

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Nov 5, 2004.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    The Criterion Collection is in for a growth spurt.
    January 11th:
    Youth Of The Beast
    Fighting Elegy
    List price is $29.95.

    January 25th:
    Touchez Pas Au Grisbi ($29.95)
    Kagemusha
    Casque d' or
    Retail price of $39.95 except where noted.

    Just announced for release from Home Vision:
    January 4th:
    Twelfth Night / Macbeth Special Edition Two Disc Collection
    Listing for $29.95

    January 18th:
    Ballad Of The Sad Café
    Deceivers
    Maya
    Perfect Murder
    Siberia (1998)

    Jena Malone's independent flick, American Girl, will be released by MGM/UA
    on January 11th. The list price will be $25.98.

    Also from MGM is When Will I Be Loved set for release on January 25th.

    Warner Brothers is doing gangster real old school. On January 25th the have
    a batch of six classic gangster flicks from the thirties and forties.
    Included are:
    Angels With Dirty Faces
    Little Caesar
    Petrified Forest
    Public Enemy
    Roaring Twenties
    White Heat (1949)
    Each title lists for $19.95. You can also opt for all six
    Warner Gangsters Collection 6 Film Set
    Listing for $68.95.

    On February 1st Warner Brothers has due for release:
    Broadway Melody Of 1929
    Chariots Of Fire (Special Edition)
    China: Panda Adventure IMAX
    Hidden Dimension: IMAX
    Life Of Emile Zola

    Coupling: Complete Collection will be release by Warner Brothers on February
    8th retailing for $99.98.

    Fox has the latest Katie Holmes flick, First Daughter, set for release on
    January 25th. Initial specs indicate Dolby 5.1 audio and anamorphic video.
    The list price will be $27.98.

    Also from Fox, set for release on February 15th, Half Baked: Fully Baked
    Edition. They have separate P&S and Widescreen versions. Both will feature
    both Dolby 5.1 and DTS audio as well as anamorphic video. The extras will
    include:
    10 Deleted Scenes
    Alternate Ending
    Five Minutes With the Guy On the Couch
    Different Types of Smokers Featurette
    Granny's Guide to Bakin'
    Feature Commentary with Director Tamra Davis
    List price is $19.98.

    On February 1st Universal has some family double features.
    American Tail Family Double Feature
    Babe Family Double Feature
    Beethoven Family Double Feature
    Land Before Time: Chomper Double Feature
    Each box set lists for $19.98.

    Also from Universal is The Life, the drama about prostitution featuring
    Denise Richards and Daryl Hannah. There will be both R rated and unrated
    versions. Each lists for $26.98.

    Columbia/TriStar has a couple of 'Ultimate Editions' set for release on
    January 11th.
    Fifth Element (2-Disc Ultimate Edition):
    Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 audio
    factoid trivia track
    4 behind-the-scenes featurettes
    The Star Element
    The Visual Element
    The Alien Element
    The Digital Element
    film galleries,
    camera, costume and set tests

    Leon: The Professional (2-Disc Ultimate Edition)
    Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 audio
    3 behind-the-scenes featurettes
    The Professional: Ten Year Reunion
    Trial by Fire: Natalie Portman as Mathilda
    Birth of a Star: Jean Reno as Léon
    Both list for $24.95.

    Also on January 11 from Columbia:
    Silver City
    Touch Of Pink

    MGM/UA will release a few titles on Fenbruary 8th:
    Our Winning Season
    Raging Bull
    Rocky Marciano
    Adventures Of The American Rabitt
    Body & Soul
    Dempsey
    All will list for $14.95.

    On February 1st MGM has a few two packs for the family:
    Agent Cody Banks (Special Edition) / Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London
    (Special Edition)
    All Dogs Go To Heaven / All Dogs Go To Heaven 2
    Secret Of Nimh / Secret Of Nimh 2: Timmy To The Rescue
    Each set will retail for $19.95.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 53,197 titles. Changes and additions this week number 740 and there
    are 2,304 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
    cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
    and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
    the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
    rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
    search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include Spider-Man 2, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of
    Askaban Recent reviews include Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Dazed and
    Confused, Day After Tomorrow, Star Wars Trilogy, THX-1138, Videodrome,
    Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, Saved!, I Wanna Hold your Hand, The
    Punisher, Magnum Season 1, Columbo Season 1, American Dreams Season 1, Duel,
    Sugarland Express, Kill Bill Volume 2, Law & Order S14 and Law & Order SVU
    5, Law & Order CI S3. Updates to the DVD database, including release
    specifications usually made twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/
    Doug MacLean, Nov 5, 2004

  2. Re: New Releases: Criterion additions, WB Gangsters & Coupling: Complete: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD D

    >Kagemusha

    "It will be a day long remembered."
    Vlvetmorning98, Nov 6, 2004

  3. Re: New Releases: Criterion additions, WB Gangsters & Coupling: Complete: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD D

    On 6 Nov 2004, Vlvetmorning98 wrote:

    > >Kagemusha

    > "It will be a day long remembered."

    Hopefully not by the characters in Rashomon.

    swac
    Stephen Cooke, Nov 6, 2004
  4. Re: New Releases: Criterion additions, WB Gangsters & Coupling:Com...

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:

    >Coupling: Complete Collection will be
    >release by Warner Brothers on February
    >8th retailing for $99.98.

    What does this mean? Is it all four seasons of the British series, or
    the US version that no one's particularly interested in, or both series
    combined?

    ..
    Mr. Hole

    http://icasualties.org/oif/

    "I got to see some incredible parts of the United States which I hadn't
    seen before. Like Vermont, and Canada." - German born Gerhard Reinke on
    "Jimmy Kimmel Live"

    Incontinence 2005: Its not just for Grandma any more!

    "You would make a destructive god, Mr. Hole, but as a human, you remain
    pathetic and ineffectual." -- Heck
    The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole, Nov 6, 2004
  5. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole" <> wrote in message
    > "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Coupling: Complete Collection will be
    > >release by Warner Brothers on February
    > >8th retailing for $99.98.

    > What does this mean? Is it all four seasons of the British series, or
    > the US version that no one's particularly interested in, or both series
    > combined?

    This refers to the complete four season BBC television series. Warner
    Brothers distributed the individual season setrs from BBC as well. The
    fourth season due out January 25th.

    --

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info