New releases: Blade Runner, Police Squad! & NCIS: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lis

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Aug 1, 2006.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Coming later in the year fro BBC Home Video:
    October 31st:
    BBC Atlas Of The Natural World: Western Hemisphere
    Land Of The Eagle
    Spirits Of The Jaguar
    Wild South America

    November 14th:
    Black Books: Complete 1st & 2nd Series
    Black Books: The Complete 2nd Series

    Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe (2005/ Extended
    Edition/ 4-Disc) will be released by Buena Vista on December 12th. There is
    a standard packaging for $42.99 and a gift set packaging for $79.99.

    Blade Runner (Warner Brothers/ Director's Cut/ Limited Edition) will be
    released by Warner Brothers on September 12th (the same day as the Star Wars
    releases are due).

    History Channel Presents: True Caribbean Pirates from the History Channel
    will be released September 26th listing for $19.95.

    Brentwood has announced:
    September 19th:
    He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe: Season 2, Vol. 2

    September 26th:
    Night Of The Werewolf
    Vengeance Of The Zombies

    Recently announced for release by Buena Vista:
    September 19th:
    Dinosaur (Blu-ray)
    Eight Below (Widescreen/ Blu-ray)
    Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back (Blu-ray)

    October 17th:
    Dark Water (2005/ PG-13 Version/ Blu-ray)
    Glory Road (2006/ Widescreen/ Blu-ray)
    Gone In 60 Seconds (2000/ Blu-ray)
    Haunted Mansion (Widescreen/ Blu-ray)

    October 24th:
    Baby Einstein: Baby's First Moves

    Added to the release list by Columbia/Tri-Star:
    September 19th:
    Devil And Daniel Johnston

    October 3rd:
    Body Double (Special Edition)
    Bugsy (Extended Cut)
    Forever Knight: The Trilogy, Part 3
    Glass House 2: The Good Mother
    Stuart Little Three Movie Collection: Stuart Little / Stuart Little 2 /
    Stuart Little 3: Call Of The Wild

    October 10th:
    Art School Confidential

    Just added to the Criterion Collection:
    October 17th:
    Clean, Shaven
    Solo Con Tu Pareja

    October 24th:
    Hands Over The City
    Sweetie

    On October 17th Lion's Gate has some new releases:
    Blackwater Valley Exorcism (Special Edition)
    Saw II (Widescreen/ Blu-ray)
    Young Guns (Blu-ray)

    Announced by Miramax:
    September 19th:
    Great Raid (Widescreen/ Unrated Version/ Blu-ray)

    October 17th:
    Brothers Grimm (Blu-ray)

    October 31st:
    Keeping Up With The Steins

    Paramount has some new releases planned including additions to their HD-DVD
    titles.
    August 1st:
    Four Brothers (HD-DVD)
    Manchurian Candidate (2004/ HD-DVD)
    We Were Soldiers (HD-DVD)

    August 8th:
    Aeon Flux (2005/ Widescreen/ HD-DVD)
    Italian Job (2003/ Widescreen/ HD-DVD)
    U2: Rattle And Hum (HD-DVD)

    October 17th:
    CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: Miami: The Complete 1st - 4th Seasons
    CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: Miami: The Complete 4th Season
    CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: NY: The Complete 2nd Season
    Over The Hedge (Pan & Scan)
    Over The Hedge (Widescreen)

    October 24th:
    Beavis And Butt-Head Gift Set: Mike Judge Collection, Vol. 1 - 3 / Beavis
    And Butt-Head Do America (Special Collector's Edition)
    That's My Bush!

    November 7th:
    Beverly Hills 90210: The Complete 1st Season
    JAG: The Complete 2nd Season
    Police Squad!: The Complete Series
    Totally Awesome

    November 14th:
    Blue's Clues: Blue's Room: Meet Blue's Baby Brother
    CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Complete 6th Season
    Good, The Bad & The Beautiful Pack: Beverly Hills 90210: 1st Season /
    Melrose Place: 1st Season
    Gunsmoke: The Directors Collection
    Melrose Place: The Complete 1st Season
    NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service: The Complete 2nd Season

    Announced by Shout Factory.
    October 10th:
    Warren Miller's Higher Ground (Deluxe Edition)

    October 17th:
    Sabrina: The Animated Series: The Very Best Of Sabrina: The Animated Series

    October 24th:
    Greg The Bunny: Best Of The Film Parodies
    SCTV: Best Of The Early Years

    October 31st:
    Super Mario Bros. Super Show!, Vol. 2
    Tales Of The Rat Fink

    November 7th:
    Inside The Actors Studio: Dave Chappelle
    Inside The Actors Studio: Icons

    November 14th:
    Electric Company: The Best Of The Electric Company, Vol. 2
    That Girl: Season 2

    November 21st:
    Major League Baseball: World Series 2006

    Coming up from Warner Brothers.
    August 1st:
    Good Night And Good Luck (Blu-ray)
    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (Blu-ray)
    Rumor Has It (Widescreen/ Blu-ray)
    Training Day (Blu-ray)

    September 12th:
    Stephen King Thriller Collection

    October 10th:
    NFL: The NFL Greatest

    October 17th:
    Astaire & Rogers Ultimate Collector's Edition: The Barkleys Of Broadway /
    Carefree / Flying Down To Rio / Follow The Fleet / ...
    Astaire & Rogers: The Signature Collection #2: Carefree / Flying Down To Rio
    / The Gay Divorcee / Roberta / ...
    Carefree
    Eternal Enemies
    Flying Down To Rio
    Gay Divorcee
    National Geographic: In Search Of The Jaguar
    National Geographic: Last Stand Of The Great Bear (Warner Brothers)
    National Geographic: Wildlife
    Roberta
    Story Of Vernon And Irene Castle
    Whales In Crisis

    October 24th:
    NHL: NHL Greatest Moments

    November 7th:
    Martha's Favorite Cookies
    Martha's Favorite Cookies / Comfort and Joy (2-Pack)
    Martha's Favorite Cookies / Homemade Holidays (2-Pack)
    Martha's Holiday Celebrations

    November 14th:
    Friends: The Complete Series Collection
    Looney Tunes: Bah Humduck

    November 21st:
    How The Grinch Stole Christmas (1966/ Warner Brothers/ Deluxe Edition)

    Please note: UMD refers to Universal Media Discs, a variation used by
    Playstation 2 devices.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 90,248 titles. Changes and additions this week number 221 there are
    2,549 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled,
    postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and
    Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in the
    fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were rescheduled
    or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC search)
    complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include: Rome Season 1, Surface Season 1 and The Lost City.
    Recent reviews include V for Vendetta, Chappelle's Show: Lost Episodes,
    Shakespeare Behind Bars, Incredible Hulk Season 1, Amazing Stories Season 1,
    Sybil, She's the Man, One a Clear Day, Carnivale Season Two, Weeds Season
    One, Failure to Launch, Imagine Me & You, The Heart is Deceitful above all
    Things, Ultraviolet and Underworld: Evolution. The World's Fastest Indian,
    Deadwood Season 2, Dinosaurs, 4400 Season 2, MST3K: Vol. 9, The Producers
    (2005) and Something New. Updates to the DVD database, including release
    specifications usually made twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean

    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/
    Doug MacLean, Aug 1, 2006

  2. You wrote:

    Doug,

    Thanks for your very informative posts. Do you know if there's any word
    about Miami Vice Season 3?
    Alotta Fagina, Aug 2, 2006

  3. Doug MacLean

    jayembee Guest

    Alotta Fagina <> wrote:

    > Do you know if there's any word about Miami Vice Season 3?

    (1) Go to http://www.tvshowsondvd.com.

    (2) Register (it's free).

    (3) "Vote" for MIAMI VICE and any other series that you'd like to
    see, or see more of, on DVD.

    (4) For each show you "vote" for, you're put on a mailing list that
    will send you any news (or rumors) about forthcoming DVD releases
    for that show when tvshowsondvd finds out about them.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Aug 2, 2006
  4. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Alotta Fagina" <> wrote in message
    > You wrote:
    >

    > Doug,
    >
    > Thanks for your very informative posts. Do you know if there's any word
    > about Miami Vice Season 3?

    I've asked the studios and they may release season three towards the end of
    the year. Nothing is offical as of yet.

    --
    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info