New releases: Batman Begins, Outer Limits Season 1 & Bewitched: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Aug 23, 2005.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Columbia/Tri-Star has added a few titles to their November 1st release date:
    American Chopper: Season 3
    Big Fish (Special Edition)
    Heights
    Monster Garage: Season 3
    Steve McQueen Box Set: Baby The Rain Must Fall / The War Lover

    On November 1st MGM will finally give in to fan pressure and release the
    complete first season of the 1995 Outer Limits. The five disc box set will
    list for $59.95.

    Also on November 1st MGM will release the first season of Fame, listing for
    $49.95.

    Warner Brothers will release Batman Begins on October 18th. So far there are
    three separate versions planned for that date, Pan & Scan, Anamorphic
    widescreen and a collector's edition. All will have Dolby 5.1 audio. The
    regular edition wil list for $28.95 with $30.95 for the deluxe. Extras
    listed for the deluxe edition include:
    Batman Begins Mobile Game Demo & Weblinks
    Genesis of the Bat - Batman Incarnations from the Mid-1980s to the Present
    The Journey Begins - Creative Concepts, Story Development and Casting
    Shaping Mind and Body - Fighting Style; Gotham City Rises - Production
    Design
    Cape and Cowl - The New Batsuit
    The Tumbler - The New Batmobile
    Path to Discovery - Filming in Iceland
    Saving Gotham City - The Monorail Chase Sequence
    Confidential Files Character/Weaponry Gallery
    INNER DEMONS COMIC - Explore the special features through an exclusive
    interactive comic book
    Exclusive collectible 72-page comic book
    Detective Comics #37 - the very first Batman story
    Batman - The Man Who Falls - a classic story that inspired Batman Begins
    Batman - The Long Halloween - a chilling excerpt that also inspired the
    film.

    Some titles form A&E Video have been announced for release on October 25th:
    DangerMouse: Seasons #3 & #4
    Invasion: Earth
    Kids In The Hall: Season #3
    Romance Classics Collection #2
    Upstairs Downstairs (Collector's Edition)

    Coming soon from A.D.Vision several titles heavy on anime.
    October 4th:
    Farscape: Starburst Edition #6
    Godannar #1: Engage & Destroy
    Godannar #1: Engage & Destroy (w/ Box)

    October 11th:
    Gantz #8: Death Watch
    Jing: King Of Bandits Collection
    Maburaho #4: Ghost Of A Chance
    Mutant X: Season #3
    Wild Arms Complete Collecton
    Yumeria #1: Into The Dreamscape

    October 18th:
    Full Metal Panic Fumoffu #4
    Gatchaman #5: Guillotines & Witches
    Gatchaman #6: Devil Stars & Rocket
    Gatchaman Collection 3
    Gilgamesh #3: Wake For The Undead
    Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok #1
    Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok #1 (w/ Box)

    October 25th:
    Ghost Stories #1
    Kino's Journey Complete Collection
    Those Who Hunt Elves Collection

    Disney/Buena Vista is celebrating the 50th anniversary with several classic
    re-releases:
    November 29th:
    Great Muppet Caper (Buena Vista/ Kermit's 50th Anniversary Edition)
    Muppet Christmas Carol (Kermit's 50th Anniversary Edition)
    Muppet Movie (Buena Vista/ Kermit's 50th Anniversary Edition)
    Muppet Treasure Island (Kermit's 50th Anniversary Edition)
    Project Runway (Box Set)

    December 6th:
    Adventures Of Spin & Marty, The Mickey Mouse Club
    Chronological Donald Vol 2: 1942-1946: Walt Disney Treasures (Limited
    Edition)
    Disney Rarities, Celebrated Shorts: 1920's-1960's
    Elfego Baca And The Swamp Fox: Legendary Heroes
    Gargoyles (1994): Season 2, Vol. 1 - 3

    December 26th:
    Dark Water (2005/ Pan & Scan)
    Dark Water (2005/ Widescreen)

    Set for release on OCtober 25th from MGM/UA:
    Battle Of Britain (1969/ Collector's Edition)
    Bridge Too Far (Collector's Edition)
    Kalifornia (UMD)
    Sex And The Teenage Mind

    Just announced from New Line several titles for Playstation owners:
    Blade (UMD)
    Butterfly Effect (UMD)
    Elf (UMD)
    Secondhand Lions (UMD)
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre (UMD)

    DUe out on November 8th from Paramount:
    Beavis And Butt-Head: Mike Judge #1 (UMD)
    Mahogany
    Miracle's Boys

    October 24th will bring several new titles from Sony Pictures:
    Bewitched (2005/ Special Edition)
    Bewitched (2005/ Special Edition) / Bewitched TV-Sampler (2 Pack)
    Bewitched (2005/ UMD)
    Left Behind: World At War
    Left Behind: World At War (Limited Edition)
    Robert Rodriguez Mexico Trilogy: El Mariachi / Desperado / Once Upon A Time
    In Mexico
    Single White Female / Single White Female: Psycho

    Football fans will have something to look forward to on November 8th care of
    Warner Brothers:
    NFL Super Bowl Collection: Dallas Cowboys
    NFL Super Bowl Collection: Green Bay Packers
    NFL Super Bowl Collection: Oakland Raiders
    NFL Super Bowl Collection: Pittsburgh
    NFL Super Bowl Collection: San Francisco 49ers
    NFL Super Bowl Collection: Washington Redskins
    Each title will retail for $19.95.

    For those more inclined towards martial arts action Warner Brothers has
    included several titles for you in their December 6th releases:
    American Kickboxer 1
    American Ninja 4: The Annihilation
    American Ninja 5
    American Samurai
    Chain Of Command (1994)
    Delta Force 3: The Killing Game
    Fifty/Fifty
    Hellbound
    Hitman (1991)
    Imagine: John Lennon (Deluxe Edition)
    Imagine: John Lennon (Deluxe Edition/ Alternate UPC)
    Mummy Lives
    Star Is Born (1976)

    Fans of David Duchovny can look forward to October 4th. Artisan will release
    the DVD of his feature film directorial debut, House of D. Technical
    specifications include Dolby 5.1 and anamorphic widescreen, list price will
    be $27.98.

    Also coming soon from Artisan:
    October 8th:
    Trece campanadas

    October 11th:
    Amityville: A New Generation
    Amityville: It's About Time

    October 18th:
    Piedras Verdes

    October 25th:
    Ghost Watcher 2

    November 1st:
    Ghetto Dawg 2: Out Of The Pits

    Edward Scissorhands (Special Edition/ Collectible Tin Packaging/ Widescreen)
    will be released by Fox on November 8th listing for $19.98.

    Due out November 8th from Koch:
    Children
    Faith
    Lenny Bruce: San Francisco 1965 Performance Film
    Popular Mechanics For Kids (6-Disc)
    Soundstage: 30 Odd Foot Of Grunts & Kris Kristofferson
    Ultimate Poker Challenge: 1st Season

    Lion's Gate will release the following on October 18th:
    Christmas Carol: The Musical
    Dark Harvest 2: The Maize
    Rambo: First Blood (UMD)
    Saturday Night Live: The Best Of Chris Farley (UMD)
    Saturday Night Live: The Best Of Will Ferrell (UMD)
    Stargate: Extended Cut (UMD)
    Universal Soldier (UMD)

    For release by MGM/UA on October 25th:
    Battle Of Britain (Collector's Edition)
    Bridge Too Far (Collector's Edition)
    Captain John Smith And Pocahontas
    Hackers (UMD)
    Sex And The Teenage Mind

    Several releases are on their way from Paramount, many are television season
    sets.
    October 18th:
    CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: New York: The Complete 1st Season

    November 1st:
    Brady Bunch: The Complete 1st - 4th Seasons
    Brady Bunch: The Complete 4th Season

    November 8th:
    Apres Vous
    Backyardigans: Snow Fort
    Beavis And Butt-Head: Mike Judge #1
    Lady Sings The Blues (Collector's Edition)

    November 15th:
    Airplane (Don't Call Me Shirley Edition)
    Charmed: The Complete 1st - 3rd Season
    Charmed: The Complete 3rd Season
    Cheers: The Complete 1st - 7th Seasons
    Cheers: The Complete 7th Season
    Frasier: The Complete 1st - 7th & Final Seasons
    Frasier: The Complete 7th Season

    Sony Pictures has several titles set for release on October 25th:
    Bewitched (2005/ UMD)
    Bewitched: The Complete 2nd Season (Black & White)
    Bewitched: The Complete 2nd Season (Colorized)
    Hart To Hart: The Complete 1st Season
    Heavy Metal (UMD)
    Left Behind: World At War
    Single White Female / Single White Female: Psycho
    Single White Female: Psycho

    Please note: UMD refers to Universal Media Discs, a variation used by
    Playstation 2 devices.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 69,873 titles. Changes and additions this week number 321 and there
    are 3,057 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
    cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
    and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
    the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
    rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
    search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include Lost: Season One, Crash (2004) and Punk: Attitude.
    Recent reviews include Ring 2, Six Feet Under Season 4, Sin City, Brown
    Bunny, Greatest American Hero: Season 3, Dead Like Me: Season 2, Million
    Dollar Baby, Admissions, Prozac Nation, Fantastic Four (1994 Animated),
    Columbo Season 3, McMillan and Wife Season One, McCloud Seasons 1 & 2,
    Phantom of the Opera (2004), Blade Trinity and Book of Love (2004). Updates
    to the DVD database, including release specifications usually made twice
    daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean

    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

    Doug MacLean, Aug 23, 2005

  2. Doug MacLean

    David Z Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in message
    > Columbia/Tri-Star has added a few titles to their November 1st release
    > date:
    > American Chopper: Season 3
    > Big Fish (Special Edition)
    > Heights
    > Monster Garage: Season 3
    > Steve McQueen Box Set: Baby The Rain Must Fall / The War Lover
    >
    > On November 1st MGM will finally give in to fan pressure and release the
    > complete first season of the 1995 Outer Limits. The five disc box set will
    > list for $59.95.

    This is not a new release. Season 1 & 2 have been released on DVD since
    last year actually!

    David Z, Aug 23, 2005

  3. Doug MacLean

    jayembee Guest

    "David Z" <> wrote:

    >> On November 1st MGM will finally give in to fan pressure and release the
    >> complete first season of the 1995 Outer Limits. The five disc box set will
    >> list for $59.95.

    > This is not a new release. Season 1 & 2 have been released on DVD since
    > last year actually!

    Not really.

    It's only been released in Canada, and it's not a *complete* Seasons 1&2
    release, but only a "Best of Seasons 1 & 2" release. It has only 19 of the 43
    eps for those two seasons (or 20 out of 44, if you consider "Sandkings" to be
    two eps instead of one). More specifically, with respect to Season 1, it has
    only half of the eps (10/11 out of 21/22).

    Further, I believe it contains the cut Canadian/syndication versions, rather
    than the uncut Showtime versions. The US MGM release will be of the uncut
    versions.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Aug 23, 2005
  4. Doug MacLean

    David Z Guest

    "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > "David Z" <> wrote:
    >
    >>> On November 1st MGM will finally give in to fan pressure and release the
    >>> complete first season of the 1995 Outer Limits. The five disc box set
    >>> will
    >>> list for $59.95.

    >> This is not a new release. Season 1 & 2 have been released on DVD since
    >> last year actually!

    > Not really.
    >
    > It's only been released in Canada, and it's not a *complete* Seasons 1&2
    > release, but only a "Best of Seasons 1 & 2" release. It has only 19 of the
    > 43
    > eps for those two seasons (or 20 out of 44, if you consider "Sandkings" to
    > be
    > two eps instead of one). More specifically, with respect to Season 1, it
    > has
    > only half of the eps (10/11 out of 21/22).
    >
    > Further, I believe it contains the cut Canadian/syndication versions,
    > rather
    > than the uncut Showtime versions. The US MGM release will be of the uncut
    > versions.

    Good point.

    David Z, Aug 24, 2005