New Releases: Apprentice, Magnum, Munsters & Law & Order: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB &

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Jun 5, 2004.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Fans of some classic (and not so classic) television shows can be happy to
    hear that Universal has some announcements.

    Universal has announced Apprentice: Season #1 will be released on August
    24th. It will have Dolby 5.1 audio and full screen video and will list for
    $59.98. Announced extras include:
    The Future - A Look Ahead; The Boss - Donald Trump on The Apprentice;
    Natural Selection; Truth from a Taxi - The Final Words;
    "Donald-isms";
    Career Advice from George & Carolyn;
    The Candidates; The Audition;
    The Job Offer; The Job Description;
    "Creating The Apprentice";
    Sneak Peak of The Apprentice - Season 2

    The Munsters: Season #1 will be released by Universal on August 24th listing
    for $59.98. Extras are announced as:
    Original un-Aired, Never-before-seen Pilot;
    1966 Feature Film - Munsters Go Home!

    August 24th also brings from Universal Night Gallery: Season #1, it will
    also list for $59.98.

    September 7th has Universal releasing Columbo: Season #1. It also lists for
    $59.98 and includes seven regular episodes of the season and two Columbo
    television movies.

    Universal will release Magnum P.I. - Season #1 also on September 7th listing
    for $59.98. Along with all the first season episodes there four 'Greatest
    Guest Stars' bonus episodes.

    Dick Wolf is releasing through Universal the latest seasons of his Law &
    Order series. In some cases this means skipping seasons since the last box
    sets, only the last seasons shown are in this announcement. Included are:
    Law & Order (Season #14)
    Law & Order: Criminal Intent (Season #3)
    Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (Season #5)
    Each box set lists for $59.98.

    Universal has also announced they are canceling two of the Law & Order
    releases:
    Law & Order: Badge Of Dishonor
    Law & Order: Organized And Unsolved Crimes
    Both had been due for release on August 26th.

    Buena Vista has something for the toddler set:
    Baby Mozart: Music Festival / Baby Beethoven: Symphony Of Fun (Gift Set)
    Baby Van Gogh: World Of Colors / Baby Shakespeare: World Of Poetry (Gift
    Set)
    Each will be released on October 12.
    On AUgust 24th they have:
    Shaolin Soccer

    Home Vision has announced for release on August 24th:
    Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman 17: Zatoichi Challenged
    Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman 18: Zatoichi And The Fugitives
    Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman 19: Samaritan Zatoichi
    The lsit price for each is $19.95

    Lion's Gate has a couple of releases for television addicts out there. On
    August 10th they have:
    Alf: Season #1 ($39.98)
    Late Night With Conan O'Brien: 10th Anniversary Special ($19.98)
    Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Triumph The Insult Comic Dog ($19.98)

    Also on that date from Lion's Gate is Full Clip set to feature Dolby 5.1 and
    anamorphic video listing for $19.98

    Due out are a couple of additions to the Criterion Collection:
    August 24th:
    I Vitelloni
    August 31st
    Slacker (Special Edition)
    Videodrome (Criterion)

    For those that want a jump on the Christmas season Sony has some family
    Christmas staples set for release on September 19th:
    Frosty The Snowman / Frosty Returns (Sony)
    Little Drummer Boy (Sony)
    Mr. Magoos Christmas Carol (Sony)
    Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer (Sony)
    Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (Sony)
    Each disc lists for $16.95 or for $39.95 you can get them all with:
    Ultimate Christmas Pack (Movie & CD)

    in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now features
    43,968 titles with 276 additions or changes and 629 Pre-Release
    announcements. The All Titles list has 44,597 titles. Recent releases
    include: Last Week 327, This Week 405 and Next Week 213 titles.

    Previews of Blazing Saddes, Butterfly Effect, Six Feet Under Season 2, Dead
    Like Me Season 1, and Paycheck, Recent reviews include The Company ,
    Monster, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Great Escape, Smallville
    Season 2 Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World, Kill Bill Vol. 1,
    The Cooler, Girl with a Pearl Earring, Final Countdown, Freaks & Geeks,
    Schindler's List, House of Sand and Fog.Classic reviews: Them and Steambath,
    Coming titles listed before all the specs are in can be found in a the list,
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

    Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
    as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
    original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
    greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
    function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
    partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com and
    DVDLister.

    Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
    daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

    Doug MacLean, Jun 5, 2004

  2. Doug MacLean

    Mac Breck Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in
    message news:pzbwc.3452$...
    > Fans of some classic (and not so classic) television shows

    can be happy to
    > hear that Universal has some announcements.
    >
    > Universal has announced Apprentice: Season #1 will be

    released on August
    > 24th. It will have Dolby 5.1 audio and full screen video

    and will list for
    > $59.98. Announced extras include:
    > The Future - A Look Ahead; The Boss - Donald Trump on The

    Apprentice;
    > Natural Selection; Truth from a Taxi - The Final Words;
    > "Donald-isms";
    > Career Advice from George & Carolyn;
    > The Candidates; The Audition;
    > The Job Offer; The Job Description;
    > "Creating The Apprentice";
    > Sneak Peak of The Apprentice - Season 2

    Why? Who'd watch it? Is this something that could stand up
    to repeat watchings? No.

    Well, at least the rest of the announcement <snipped> looks
    promising.

    --
    Mac Breck (KoshN) - from the desktop PC

    Mac Breck, Jun 5, 2004