New Releases: Abbot & Costello, Sid Caesar & Budget Buys: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB &

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Apr 17, 2004.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    On May 4th Universal has Best Of Bud Abbott & Lou Costello #2: Hit The Ice /
    In Society / Here Come The Co-Eds / The Naught Nineties / Little Giant and
    more... for a list price of $24.95.

    June 8th brings Tarzan Collection: Tarzan, The Ape Man (1932) / Escapes /
    And His Mate/ Finds A Son! / Secret Treasure / New York Adventure form
    Warner Brothers listing at $59.95.

    Rhino will release a few titles on May 25th.
    Essential Music Videos: 90s Indie Rock,
    Essential Music Videos: All American Country,
    Essential Music Videos: Bang Your Head,
    Essential Music Videos: Extraordinary Women,
    Orgy Of The Dead.

    Time Life has something for fans of blooper reels. May 18th will bring:
    News Bloopers ($9.98)
    Presidential Bloopers ($9.98)
    Yogi Berra: American Sports Legend ($14.98)

    Alpha Video has another of their budget blitz announcements. All are listing
    for $9.99 and will be released on June 22nd. Included are old movie serials,
    comedy, drama and adventure. Some out there may find a film or two.
    Atomic Rulers Of The World
    Becky Sharpe
    Blood Of The Beast
    Decoy: TV Series
    Earthworm Tractors
    Kansan
    Marie Galante
    Milky Way
    Mutiny In The Big House
    Our Daily Bread
    Palooka
    Phantom Of 42nd St
    Port Of Missing Girls
    Prison Train
    Riding Avenger
    Rocky Jones - Space Ranger: Beyond The Moon
    Rocky Jones - Space Ranger: Gypsy Moon
    Roll On Texas Moon
    Royal Bed
    Spade Cooley
    Speak Easily
    Tokyo File 212
    Utah

    A good size number of announcements came in from Goodtimes. Mostly they are
    budget bin faire but you may just find something you would like to add to
    your collection. For fans for the singing cowboy genre July 13th brings:
    Roy Rogers: Don't Fence Me In,
    Roy Rogers: Heart Of The Rockies,
    Roy Rogers: Spoilers Of The Plains,
    Roy Rogers: Trail Of Robin Hood,
    Roy Rogers: Out California Way,
    Roy Rogers: The Ranger And The Lady,
    Roy Rogers: Susanna Pass.
    Each lists for $9.98.

    If classic literature is more your thing than Goodtimes has some releases
    set for July 27th:
    Oliver Twist,
    Tale Of Two Cities,
    Great Expectations,
    David Copperfield,
    Nicholas Nickleby,
    Old Curiosity Shop,
    Pickwick Papers,
    Return To Treasure Island,
    Alice: Through The Looking Glass.
    Each lists for $5.97.

    Goodtimes also has some of the above as two disc sets for $9.98,also on July
    27th:
    Nicholas Nickleby / The Pickwick Papers,
    Alice In Wonderland & Alice: Through The Looking Glass,
    Tale Of Two Cities / Great Expectations.

    Rounding out the Goodtime releases batch are titles set for the shelves on
    August 17th:
    Chang Gang,
    Revenge Of The Lady Warrior,
    Best Of Broadway,
    Untamed Earth: Wild Winds,
    Tong Father,
    Sharks: Top Ten Shark Encounters,
    Hong Kong Hatchet Men,
    Rock Concert: The Spinners,
    Stiller And Meara And Friends.
    Each will list for $7.98.

    One of the grandfathers of television, Sid Caesar, is being featured in DVD
    releases fromNew Video. On June 29th they have:
    Sid Caesar Collection:The Buried Treasures.
    Bonus Sketches:
    Dancing Towers,
    Chinese Food,
    Invitation To Murder
    Interview Extras With Sid Caesar, Neil Simon, and Nanette Fabray
    Cast and Writer Biographies.
    Sid Caesar Collection: The Fan Favorites:
    Bonus Sketches:
    Pantomine At Coney Island,
    Continental Express,
    The Beauty Contest
    Interview Extras With Sid Caesar, Carl Reiner and Nanette Fabray
    Sid Caesar Audio Commentary On Auto Smash Up, Gallipacci,
    Break Your Brains
    Original Scripts of Auto Smash Up, Newspaper Movie, and The Professor
    Photo Gallery
    Cast and Writer Biographies.
    Each will list for $49.95.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now features
    41,701 titles with 480 additions or changes and 442 Pre-Release
    announcements. The All Titles list has 42,143 titles. Recent releases
    include: Last Week 212, This Week 264 and Next Week 230 titles.

    Previews of Timeline, The Cooler, Girl with a Pearl Earring, Great Escape
    and Paycheck, Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World. Recent reviews
    include: Kill Bill Vol. 1, Timeline, Matrix Revolutions, Final Countdown,
    Freaks & Geeks, Schindler's List, House of Sand and Fog. Classic reviews:
    Them and Steambath, Coming titles listed before all the specs are in can be
    found in a the list, http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

    Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
    as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
    original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
    greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
    function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
    partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com and
    DVDLister.

    Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
    daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/
    Doug MacLean, Apr 17, 2004

  2. Doug MacLean

    Yertle Guest

    On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 04:02:32 GMT, "Doug MacLean"
    <> wrote:

    >On May 4th Universal has Best Of Bud Abbott & Lou Costello #2: Hit The Ice /
    >In Society / Here Come The Co-Eds / The Naught Nineties / Little Giant and
    >more... for a list price of $24.95.

    Any word on if/when the old Bowery Boys films will ever get
    this kind (or any other kind) of DVD release?
    Yertle, Apr 20, 2004

  3. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "Yertle" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 04:02:32 GMT, "Doug MacLean"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >On May 4th Universal has Best Of Bud Abbott & Lou Costello #2: Hit The

    Ice /
    > >In Society / Here Come The Co-Eds / The Naught Nineties / Little Giant

    and
    > >more... for a list price of $24.95.

    > Any word on if/when the old Bowery Boys films will ever get
    > this kind (or any other kind) of DVD release?

    I haven't seen anything yet but most of the studios are releasing older
    films so there is hope. If I hear anything I'll be sure to post the
    information.
    --

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info
    Doug MacLean, Apr 20, 2004
  4. Doug MacLean

    Yertle Guest

    On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:47:22 GMT, "Doug MacLean"
    <> wrote:

    >> >On May 4th Universal has Best Of Bud Abbott & Lou Costello #2: Hit The

    >Ice /
    >> >In Society / Here Come The Co-Eds / The Naught Nineties / Little Giant

    >and
    >> >more... for a list price of $24.95.

    >> Any word on if/when the old Bowery Boys films will ever get
    >> this kind (or any other kind) of DVD release?

    >I haven't seen anything yet but most of the studios are releasing older
    >films so there is hope. If I hear anything I'll be sure to post the
    >information.

    Thanks!
    Yertle, Apr 21, 2004