New Releases: A.D. Vision Anime, Mutant X, Star Trek update: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Jun 22, 2004.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    The week starts light on new announcements but there are some titles coming
    up soon that a few out there may be interested in. The additions of director
    and cast fields to the DVD database should be online and downloadable later
    this week.

    Some announcements from A.D. Vision:

    July 27th:
    Neon Genesis Evangelion #1: Resurrection (Platinum Edition + Box)

    August 3rd:
    Happy Lesson #2 (Ani-Mini)
    Kaleido Star #2 (Ani-Mini)
    Kaleido Star #3: Great Expectations
    Kino's Journey #3 (Ani-Mini)
    Noir #2 (Ani-Mini)
    Full Metal Panic #1 (Ani-Mini)

    August 10th:
    Saint Seiya #8: Golden Opportunities
    Conduct Zero
    Hello Kitty & Friends #4: Let's Be Friends

    August 17th:
    Nurse Witch Komugi #1: A Vaccine For Humanity
    Mutant X: Season 2: Volume 3 (Special Edition)

    August 24th:
    Gun Crazy #2: Beyond The Law
    Knights Of The Zodiac #6: The Master Of Sanctuary
    Megazone 23 #3
    Wedding Peach #5: Angel Bell

    August 31th:
    Panyo Panyo De Gi Charat #3: Mya
    Super Milk-Chan Show #2: Milk Shake

    Some of the releases due out next week, June 29th:

    A&E Video:
    Breaking Vegas
    First Olympics: Blood,Honor And Glory
    Nero Wolfe: The Complete 2nd Season
    Best Of Thunderbirds

    Blue Underground:
    Uncle Sam (Special Edition/ Blue Underground)
    Deathdream (Special Edition)

    Buena Vista:
    Spider-Man: The '67 Classic Collection
    Cheetah Girls
    Cold Mountain (Special Edition)
    Spider-Man Vs. Doc Ock
    English Patient (Miramax Collector's Edition)

    Coulumbia/TriStar:
    3 Way (a.k.a. Three Way Split)
    You Got Served (Special Edition) / You Got Served, Take It To The Streets
    (2-Pack)
    You Got Served, Take It To The Streets
    No Small Affair
    Dawson's Creek: The Complete 3rd Season

    Dreamworks:
    Anything Else / Hollywood Ending (Back-To-Back)
    House Of Sand And Fog / American Beauty (Back-To-Back)
    House Of Sand And Fog / American Beauty (Side-By-Side)
    Anything Else / Hollywood Ending (Side-By-Side)

    MGM/UA:
    Barbershop 2: Back In Business

    Paramount:
    World Of Suzie Wong
    Fancy Pants
    Liberty! The American Revolution
    Just For You / Here Comes The Groom
    CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: Miami: The Complete 1st Season (Special
    Edition)
    South Park: The Complete 1st - 4th Seasons
    Rebels And Redcoats: How Britain Lost America
    Perfect Score (Special Edition/ Widescreen)
    South Park: The Complete 4th Season (Special Edition)
    Three Blind Mice (2001)
    Perfect Score (Special Edition/ Pan & Scan)
    South Park: The Complete 1st Season
    South Park: The Complete 2nd Season

    Rhino:
    G.I. Joe: Season 1, Part 2
    Land Of The Lost: Complete 1st Season
    Toronto Rocks

    Universal:
    Swimming Pool (R-Rated) / Mulholland Drive (Back-To-Back)
    Rundown (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / The Scorpion King (Back-To-Back)
    21 Grams / Traffic (Back-To-Back)
    Intolerable Cruelty (Widescreen) / Lost In Translation (Widescreen)
    (Back-To-Back)
    Swimming Pool (R-Rated) / Mulholland Drive (Side-By-Side)
    Intolerable Cruelty (Widescreen) / Lost In Translation (Widescreen)
    (Side-By-Side)
    Rundown (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / The Scorpion King (Side-By-Side)
    21 Grams / Traffic (Side-By-Side)
    Honey (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Deliver Us From Eva (Side-By-Side)
    Honey (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Deliver Us From Eva (Back-To-Back)

    Here are a few changes of status to note. As with all such changes please
    refer to the rescheduled report page to see if any replacement versions are
    out or planned. Some retail outlets may still show these titles as active
    until their stock is depleted.

    Discontinued:
    Anchor Bay:
    Dawn Of The Dead (1978/ Theatrical Version)
    Mio In The Land Of Far Away
    Dawn Of The Dead (1978/ Director's Cut)
    Sleuth
    Big Red (Pan & Scan)
    Car
    Ipcress File

    Buena Vista:
    Pearl Harbor (2001/ Movie-Only Edition) / The Rock (Movie-Only Edition)
    (Side-By-Side)
    My Favorite Martian: The Movie / Mr. Magoo
    Osbournes: The 1st Season (Special Editon/ Censored)
    English Patient (Movie-Only Edition)
    Pearl Harbor (2001/ Movie-Only Edition) / The Rock (Movie-Only Edition)
    (Back-To-Back)

    Dreamworks:
    Joseph: King Of Dreams / Prince Of Egypt (Value Pack)
    Antz / Chicken Run (Value Pack)
    Eurotrip (Special Edition/ Widescreen/ Unrated Version)
    Eurotrip (Special Edition/ Pan & Scan / Unrated Version)

    Paramount:
    Untouchables (Special Collector's Edition)
    Nutty Professor (1963/ Movie-Only Edition)

    Universal:
    8 Mile (Widescreen/ Edited Supplement) / Empire
    Red Dragon (Widescreen) / Bone Collector
    Thing (Collector's Edition/ Discontinued)

    Warner Brothers:
    Strangers On A Train (Old Version/ Remastered Version)
    Mean Streets (Movie-Only Edition)
    Dukes Of Hazzard: The Complete 1st Season (Rental Ready)

    Cancelled:
    Buena Vista:
    Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind
    My Neighbor Totoro (2-Disc Set)
    Porco Rosso
    In The Weeds
    Carolina

    Postpned:
    Rhino:
    Chris Isaak: Baja Sessions

    Dreamworks:
    Envy (2004)

    I made a few calls for verification and it looks like the August 31st
    release by Paramount of the first season of the original Star Trek will have
    a list price of $129.95. It appears that a typo of one of the regional reps
    resulted in the higher, $169.95, to go out.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 45,348 titles. Changes and additions this week number 212 and there
    are 2,370 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
    cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
    and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
    the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
    rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
    search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include The Dreamers, Butterfly Effect, Blazing Saddles
    30th Anniversary, Six Feet Under: Season 2, Under the Lighthouse Dancing and
    High Art. Recent reviews include Dead Like Me Season 1, Monster, The
    Company, Paycheck, The Great Escape and The Girl with a Pear Earring.
    Updates to the DVD database, including release specifications usually made
    twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

    Doug MacLean, Jun 22, 2004

  2. Re: New Releases: A.D. Vision Anime, Mutant X, Star Trek update:Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

    Doug MacLean wrote:
    > Cancelled:
    > Buena Vista:
    > Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind
    > My Neighbor Totoro (2-Disc Set)
    > Porco Rosso

    No! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-(

    --

    "If you examined a hundred people who had lost their faith in
    Christianity, I wonder how many of them would turn out to have reasoned

    --C.S. Lewis

    Grand Inquisitor, Jun 22, 2004

  3. >Antz / Chicken Run (Value Pack)

    I bought the Antz / Chicken Run value pack in January for CAD$20. It's
    indicated as no longer available, so I guess this is a re-release of
    the combo.

    Maureen Goldman, Jun 22, 2004
  4. Re: New Releases: A.D. Vision Anime, Mutant X, Star Trek update:Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

    Grand Inquisitor wrote:

    > Doug MacLean wrote:
    >
    >> Cancelled:
    >> Buena Vista:
    >> Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind
    >> My Neighbor Totoro (2-Disc Set)
    >> Porco Rosso

    > No! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-(

    Correct: "NO".
    The proper word is "delayed".

    Derek Janssen (try not to confuse them)

    Derek Janssen, Jun 22, 2004
  5. Re: New Releases: A.D. Vision Anime, Mutant X, Star Trek update:Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

    Derek Janssen wrote:
    >>> Cancelled:
    >>> Buena Vista:
    >>> Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind
    >>> My Neighbor Totoro (2-Disc Set)
    >>> Porco Rosso

    >> No! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-(

    > Correct: "NO".
    > The proper word is "delayed".
    >
    > Derek Janssen (try not to confuse them)

    :::sniff, whimper, wipes nose::: But, but, but you said "cancelled"?

    Grand Inquisitor, Jun 22, 2004
  6. Re: New Releases: A.D. Vision Anime, Mutant X, Star Trek update:Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

    Grand Inquisitor wrote:

    >>> No! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-(

    >> Correct: "NO".
    >> The proper word is "delayed".
    >>
    >> (try not to confuse them)

    > :::sniff, whimper, wipes nose::: But, but, but you said "cancelled"?

    Because they had disappeared off his Big Date List--
    Meaning, they didn't have a date...

    Over on the anime groups, we've got the betting pool going until Disney
    gives us the press statement and we can stop guessing--
    Even money on "Increased demand during the pressed fall Aladdin/Mulan
    season, just like the Treasures sets", a cool 2:1 on "Tie-in with
    'Howl's Moving Castle' in theaters", and 5:1 could get you a profit on
    "Had to pull cancelled 'Whisper of the Heart' promos put on by mistake"...
    (And psst, hey, want the sucker longshot on "They're doing it to be
    mean, because they're Evil, Jealous Disney" at 30:1?--All the old
    fogeys're rushing for that one!) ;)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Jun 22, 2004
  7. Re: New Releases: A.D. Vision Anime, Mutant X, Star Trek update:Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

    Derek Janssen wrote:
    > Because they had disappeared off his Big Date List--
    > Meaning, they didn't have a date...
    >
    > Over on the anime groups, we've got the betting pool going until Disney
    > gives us the press statement and we can stop guessing--
    > Even money on "Increased demand during the pressed fall Aladdin/Mulan
    > season, just like the Treasures sets", a cool 2:1 on "Tie-in with
    > 'Howl's Moving Castle' in theaters", and 5:1 could get you a profit on
    > "Had to pull cancelled 'Whisper of the Heart' promos put on by mistake"...
    > (And psst, hey, want the sucker longshot on "They're doing it to be
    > mean, because they're Evil, Jealous Disney" at 30:1?--All the old
    > fogeys're rushing for that one!) ;)
    >
    > Derek Janssen

    Hey, his post said "cancelled." I assumed he was trustworthy. Should I
    now be suspicious of any DVD-related announcements and look for outside
    confirmation on everything? :p

    Well, Disney *is* evil and jealous. The screwups at Disney feature
    animation are well-known. Lawyers contributing to story ideas. It's
    obscene.

    Grand Inquisitor, Jun 23, 2004
  8. Doug MacLean

    Justin Guest

    Grand Inquisitor wrote on [Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:01:57 GMT]:
    > Derek Janssen wrote:
    >> Because they had disappeared off his Big Date List--
    >> Meaning, they didn't have a date...
    >>
    >> Over on the anime groups, we've got the betting pool going until Disney
    >> gives us the press statement and we can stop guessing--
    >> Even money on "Increased demand during the pressed fall Aladdin/Mulan
    >> season, just like the Treasures sets", a cool 2:1 on "Tie-in with
    >> 'Howl's Moving Castle' in theaters", and 5:1 could get you a profit on
    >> "Had to pull cancelled 'Whisper of the Heart' promos put on by mistake"...
    >> (And psst, hey, want the sucker longshot on "They're doing it to be
    >> mean, because they're Evil, Jealous Disney" at 30:1?--All the old
    >> fogeys're rushing for that one!) ;)
    >>
    >> Derek Janssen
    >>

    > Hey, his post said "cancelled." I assumed he was trustworthy. Should I
    > now be suspicious of any DVD-related announcements and look for outside
    > confirmation on everything? :p

    OMG. Cancelled is what they always freaking use for something that's
    delayed.

    Justin, Jun 23, 2004
  9. Doug MacLean

    Hank Guest

    Rumor has it that Justin put forth the following:

    >Grand Inquisitor wrote on [Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:01:57 GMT]:
    >> Derek Janssen wrote:
    >>> Because they had disappeared off his Big Date List--
    >>> Meaning, they didn't have a date...
    >>>
    >>> Over on the anime groups, we've got the betting pool going until Disney
    >>> gives us the press statement and we can stop guessing--
    >>> Even money on "Increased demand during the pressed fall Aladdin/Mulan
    >>> season, just like the Treasures sets", a cool 2:1 on "Tie-in with
    >>> 'Howl's Moving Castle' in theaters", and 5:1 could get you a profit on
    >>> "Had to pull cancelled 'Whisper of the Heart' promos put on by mistake"...
    >>> (And psst, hey, want the sucker longshot on "They're doing it to be
    >>> mean, because they're Evil, Jealous Disney" at 30:1?--All the old
    >>> fogeys're rushing for that one!) ;)
    >>>
    >>> Derek Janssen
    >>>

    >> Hey, his post said "cancelled." I assumed he was trustworthy. Should I
    >> now be suspicious of any DVD-related announcements and look for outside
    >> confirmation on everything? :p

    >OMG. Cancelled is what they always freaking use for something that's
    >delayed.

    Then answer me this: what do they mean, then, when instead of saying a title has
    been "canceled" they say it has been "delayed"?

    --

    Hank
    Dallas, TX "Religion is a smile on a dog..." (New Bohs)

    Hank, Jun 23, 2004
  10. Re: New Releases: A.D. Vision Anime, Mutant X, Star Trek update:Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

    Justin wrote:
    >>Hey, his post said "cancelled." I assumed he was trustworthy. Should I
    >>now be suspicious of any DVD-related announcements and look for outside
    >>confirmation on everything? :p

    > OMG. Cancelled is what they always freaking use for something that's
    > delayed.

    Then why have a separate category for "postponed" DVDs? I reacted
    reasonably to what was contained in the original post.

    Grand Inquisitor, Jun 23, 2004