    South Pacific for some reason. But if you can live with that, grab them
    ... the Region 4 editions are bargains, at only around $22 each -- I
    found them at Ezydvd.com.au.

    anthony, May 5, 2006

  2. anthony

    mindesign Guest

    thanks for the info - and the heads up on the pitch issue - I recall when
    that god-awful evita was released and I could change the pitch using my
    remote on an old Panasonic A300.

    I will stick with my US copies of the films

    mindesign, May 5, 2006

  3. anthony

    anthony Guest

    Although I've updated my DVD player to a universal DVD/SACD/DVD-Audio
    model, I still have my venerable Panasonic 330 (must be a similar model
    to your 300) still connected as a second player for that very same
    reason ... one notch down on the karaoke setting puts the soundtrack on
    pretty well the correct pitch.

    anthony, May 6, 2006
  4. anthony

    mindesign Guest

    yeah - I had the 330 as well .... started collecting DVD in 97, when the 300
    was about the only thing you could get, then went to the 330, a Sony DVP
    7700 then Pioneers for a while, now back to Panasonic though it is a
    recorder - still have a Pioneer and some Chinese brand for difficult discs

    and 2500 DVDs - most of which are now for sale when ever I get around to
    going through them as we are moving to a much smaller home

    oh well - it was a wild ride!

    Steve

    mindesign, May 6, 2006
  5. anthony

    anthony Guest

    Gotta be some way of storing them, even if without cases ... we have
    about 2000 DVDs (started buying same time as you) and moved to a
    smaller home three years ago. And found it pretty amazing what we could
    fit in ... all the DVDs along with a couple of thousand CDs and about
    5000 books ....
    I do have a pretty good garden shed which holds the overflow, including
    a few hundred LPs.......

    anthony, May 6, 2006
  6. anthony

    mindesign Guest

    shit man, watch out for snails , moisture and rats/mice in that shed!

    You can see how I store most of our DVDs here

    http://www.geocities.com/seriph1/

    scroll down about halfway on my oh so clunky homepage

    Steve

    mindesign, May 6, 2006
  7. anthony

    Colin Wilson Guest

    > You can see how I store most of our DVDs here
    > http://www.geocities.com/seriph1/
    > scroll down about halfway on my oh so clunky homepage

    If I may make a small suggestion - some of the images are perhaps 50%
    bigger than they appear on the webpage, so resizing them to the size you
    want them to appear will make a big difference to the load times :-}

    (the page is also relying on the viewing computer to resize the images)

    It may also help if you split some of the sections into their own
    seperate pages :-}

    Colin Wilson, May 6, 2006
  8. anthony

    mindesign Guest

    all of that would help enormously, but I keep the site as it is as a
    reference - it reminds me just how BAD I was at web design back in 95. It
    was written in raw code and I laugh and cringe each time I go to it

    Steve

    mindesign, May 7, 2006
  9. anthony

    Colin Wilson Guest

    > all of that would help enormously, but I keep the site as it is as a
    > reference - it reminds me just how BAD I was at web design back in 95. It
    > was written in raw code and I laugh and cringe each time I go to it

    LOL I can`t really talk - you haven`t seen mine :-}

    http://www.coreutilities.co.uk

    Talk about plain text editor jobbie...

    Colin Wilson, May 7, 2006