New Region 1 and Region 2 DVD Releases.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Bos, Jun 20, 2004.

  1. Bos

    Bos Guest

    DVD Region 1.
    ===========
    Dawn of the Dead - Rated (WideScreen)
    13 Going on 30
    Something's Gotta Give
    Spartan
    Garage Days
    Good Bye, Lenin!
    V - The Complete Series
    Ladykillers, The (Widescreen)
    Dawn of the Dead - Unrated (Fullscreen)
    Monster
    Thing, The (Collector's Edition)
    Man on Fire
    Maximum Overdrive
    Close Your Eyes
    Home on the Range
    The Girl Next Door
    Against the Ropes
    Secret Window
    Hidalgo
    Kill Bill Vol. 2
    Hellboy

    For more DVD Region 1 Releases visit us at http://www.ultimatedvd.org

    DVD Region 2.
    ===========
    Barbarian Invasions, The
    Intermission
    Starsky & Hutch
    Around the World in 80 Days (1956)
    Crocodile Dundee / Crocodile Dundee 2
    Sylvia
    Agronomist, The
    A Nightmare on Elm Street 5 - The Dream Child
    A Nightmare on Elm Street 4 - The Dream Master
    A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 - Dream Warriors
    A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 - Freddy's Revenge
    A Nightmare on Elm Street
    Paycheck
    Lion King, The - Trilogy
    It Runs in the Family
    Along Came Polly
    Looney Tunes Back in Action
    The Girl Next Door
    Passion of the Christ

    For more DVD Region 2 Releases visit us at http://www.ultimatedvd.org

    Bos, Jun 20, 2004

  2. Bos

    Michael Guest

    So 'The Thing' is still not anamorphic? Bit misleading, although
    technically correct, to emblazon the cover with 'WIDESCREEN' if it isn't.

    Michael, Jun 21, 2004

  3. Bos

    Damon Guest

    Bos declarait :

    > For more DVD Region 2 Releases visit us at http://www.ultimatedvd.org

    Nice site but a bit on the dark side.

    I can't quite see the point though as if anyone buys anything they are fed
    into amazon.co.uk or .com.

    I see you have the begging bowl out too :eek:)

    Damon
    --
    Article posté via l'accès Usenet http://www.mes-news.com
    Accès par Nnrp ou Web

    Damon, Jun 21, 2004
  4. Bos

    Jace the Ace Guest

    Michael wrote:

    > So 'The Thing' is still not anamorphic?

    Yes, it will be. What made you think otherwise?

    Jace the Ace, Jun 21, 2004
  5. Bos

    Michael Guest

    Just that the last one wasn't and none of the online shops I visited have it
    marked as 16:9 enhanced. Oh well, good news that it is and I can finally
    add it to my collection. I've held off buying it because it wasn't.

    Michael, Jun 22, 2004
  6. Bos

    Goro Guest

    "Michael" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Just that the last one wasn't and none of the online shops I visited have it
    > marked as 16:9 enhanced. Oh well, good news that it is and I can finally
    > add it to my collection. I've held off buying it because it wasn't.

    But it's UNIVERSAL, so it'll have those nice UNSKIPPABLE trailers at
    the beginning. fsck it.

    -goro-

    Goro, Jun 23, 2004
  7. Bos

    Michael Guest

    Thanks for the heads up. I'll wait a bit longer until it comes out in
    another region, sans forced spam.

    Michael, Jun 24, 2004
  8. Goro wrote:

    >But it's UNIVERSAL, so it'll have those nice UNSKIPPABLE trailers at
    >the beginning. fsck it.

    Seems like they've learned their lesson. On new Universal releases
    (e.g. Field of Dreams Anniversary Edition) you can now press the Menu
    button to skip the forced trailers (a la Disney) and don't have to
    fast-forward like it was still VHS. I can live with that.

    Chris

    Christian Preischl, Jun 24, 2004