New Realtek Audio v3.90 drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 8, 2006.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 8, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks Carlos. Not much activity around old x64.
    I think Andre is out delivering your HD.
    How's winter treating you so far. Worst should be over soon, then downhill
    to spring.

    John Barnes, Jul 8, 2006

  3. Hi, John:
    Winter is quite calm down here.
    It ain't freezing, and that's good.
    On the other hand, it is raining quite a lot lately.
    Can't keep my car clean.

    Speaking of the HD, I'm happy with my brand new SATA2.
    Had to do a FIXMBR & FIXBOOT after the cloning in order to be able to boot
    into Win x64 again.
    That destroyed Vista boot manager.
    Don't know how to get it back again.
    I booted off the Vista CD and tried to do a repair (first option in the
    list) but it gave me a message error (can't recall what it said).
    Also tried EasyBCD 1.1 recommended by Charlie but it gave me an error when
    running it.
    So, here I am.
    Will I have to install Vista again?
    And I know this is not a Vista NG. ;-)
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 9, 2006
  4. Its as much a Vista ng now as anything else. MS turned us down about
    keeping it to XP/Server 2003.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 9, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I haven't tried running EasyBCD except from Vista, and I guess that is your
    problem, you can't get into Vista.
    It has an option to reinstall the bootloader, which seems kind of useless
    unless you can run it in whatever os you can boot into.
    I don't know what utility you could use to redo the MBR so it would point to
    the Vista boot loader. A repair install might be all you need an you
    could save everything except your time.

    John Barnes, Jul 9, 2006
  6. EasyBCD will run from XP.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 9, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Then why don't you offer a suggestion for Carlos to get it to run without an
    error message so he can reinstall the bootloader?

    John Barnes, Jul 9, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Boy Guest

    Colin Barnhorst wrote:
    > EasyBCD will run from XP.

    I presume you mean it will run from XP if you
    have Vista installed on another partition or
    hard drive?
    John Boy, Jul 9, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    and maybe the mbr has to point to it, so you can't fix an mbr from xp (as is
    Carlos's problem)

    John Barnes, Jul 9, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Boy Guest

    John Barnes wrote:
    > and maybe the mbr has to point to it, so you can't fix an mbr from xp (as is
    > Carlos's problem)

    The only way to fix an MBR I'm familiar with is
    to use FDISK. I currently use a WinME boot cd.
    After it has booted to a DOS prompt, type
    "fdisk /mbr" (without the quotes) and it will
    repair the MBR on the primary boot hard drive.

    I just had to do that to a hard drive yesterday.
    I had installed Vista, then removed Vista. I
    tired to install x64 SP2 Beta from full CD, but
    it would error out when it was supposed to
    reboot after loading all the files. I finally
    booted to the DOS prompt with my WinME boot disk
    and repaired the MBR as stated above. The x64
    SP2 installation then went smoothly.
    John Boy, Jul 9, 2006
  11. John:
    That solution only works for pre-Vista OS's.
    Still don't know how to fix my lost Vista installation.
    For everybody's info:
    First physical disk (SATA2)
    C: is boot, data and My Documents
    D: is Windows XP
    E: is Windows x64
    Second physical disk (SATA1)
    Configured all of it as Extended Partition with four logical drives on it.
    I: is Windows Vista

    I can only boot into Windows XP and x64 as I destroyed Vista boot manager
    when doing FIXMBR and FIXBOOT for x64 proper loading after upgrading my first
    physical disk (PATA to SATA2).

    EasyBCD won't run and I have read other proposals in the Vista NG that don't
    seem to help either.

    Still reluctant to install Vista again.

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 9, 2006
  12. if I: is healthy why not just boot Vista from disc press F8 and when you
    begin the installtion in the screen where it asks if you want to up-grade or
    do a clean install; look at the bottom left, there is an option for system
    recovery, that should give you your MBR back and not overwrite everything
    else. just make sure you have chosen I: where Vista was to begin with.

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxlam8=?=, Jul 12, 2006