    Nearest open vet is an hour away. Her poop is very little and wet. The pound
    where I got her said she was abused but is healthy. They are also closed
    until Monday. What's wrong with her and what can I do or get for her.

    pcbutts1, Aug 20, 2005

  2. pcbutts1

    johnny o Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    news:YbONe.5024$...
    > Just got it. 8 weeks old had her for a few days. She is not eating and
    > looks to be getting skinnier. The vets in this small town are closed
    > until Monday. Nearest open vet is an hour away. Her poop is very
    > little and wet. The pound where I got her said she was abused but is
    > healthy. They are also closed until Monday. What's wrong with her and
    > what can I do or get for her.

    Probly afraid and thirsty. Try the cans of (what the hell's that stuff
    we get fer babies and the elderly, somebody chime in, nutrasomething).
    If she likes the taste she will drink it till it's comming outta her
    ears. That's all she needs till Monday. johnny o.

    johnny o, Aug 21, 2005

  3. pcbutts1

    johnny o Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    > Complan?
    > http://www.complanfoods.com/

    Yeah, and now I thought of what I wanted before: Ensure. If she will,
    let her drink this day and nite till monday. Offer her water but she
    probly won't want it;
    johnny

    johnny o, Aug 21, 2005
  4. pcbutts1

    Kenny Guest

    Complan?
    http://www.complanfoods.com/

    --

    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Aug 21, 2005
  5. pcbutts1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    She drinks water.

    pcbutts1, Aug 21, 2005
  6. pcbutts1

    johnny o Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    > She drinks water.

    That's a good thing. I was sorta letting you know how she would be
    after the Ensure.
    johnny

    johnny o, Aug 21, 2005
  7. pcbutts1

    lugnut Guest

    On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 22:32:24 GMT, "pcbutts1"
    <> wrote:

    >Just got it. 8 weeks old had her for a few days. She is not eating and looks
    >to be getting skinnier. The vets in this small town are closed until Monday.
    >Nearest open vet is an hour away. Her poop is very little and wet. The pound
    >where I got her said she was abused but is healthy. They are also closed
    >until Monday. What's wrong with her and what can I do or get for her.

    Has she had her first worming shot. If not, that can take
    away the appetite and make them week. She should have
    already had this. Most puppies have or will have worm
    problems until they are treated. That does not mean they are
    not healthy - they just need a little help along the way.
    You can find the tablets many places but the shots are
    almost immediate in results. Just get the newspaper ready!

    Lugnut

    lugnut, Aug 21, 2005
  8. pcbutts1

    uh Clem... Guest

    What trick, what device, what starting-hole on Sat, 20 Aug 2005
    22:32:24 GMT, canst thou now find out, to hide "pcbutts1"
    <> from this open and apparent shame?:

    >Just got it. 8 weeks old had her for a few days. She is not eating

    and looks
    >to be getting skinnier. The vets in this small town are closed until

    Monday.
    >Nearest open vet is an hour away. Her poop is very little and wet.

    The pound
    >where I got her said she was abused but is healthy. They are also

    closed
    >until Monday. What's wrong with her and what can I do or get for her.

    Put a sock on her head and laugh as she scoots backwards in circles.
    No wait...that's for cats.

    Nevermind.

    uh Clem..., Aug 21, 2005
  9. pcbutts1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    No she has not, thanks that must be it. The pound gave me a coupon for 80%
    off the vet for shots and I went to 4 but they don't honor this coupon. I
    will just pay to have it done. I haven't had a dog in 30 years.

    pcbutts1, Aug 21, 2005
  10. "pcbutts1" <> wrote in

    > Just got it. 8 weeks old had her for a few days. She is not eating
    > and looks to be getting skinnier. The vets in this small town are
    > closed until Monday. Nearest open vet is an hour away. Her poop is
    > very little and wet. The pound where I got her said she was abused
    > but is healthy. They are also closed until Monday. What's wrong
    > with her and what can I do or get for her.

    Try feeding some baby food. When I got my first Yorkie we had the same
    problem. She would eat just a little of the Gerber's chicken but it was
    enough to get her started.

    Good luck,
    Ed

    --
    Freedom is never free....

    Top (retired), Aug 21, 2005
  11. pcbutts1

    old jon Guest

    "Top (retired)" <> wrote in message
    > "pcbutts1" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Just got it. 8 weeks old had her for a few days. She is not eating
    >> and looks to be getting skinnier. The vets in this small town are
    >> closed until Monday. Nearest open vet is an hour away. Her poop is
    >> very little and wet. The pound where I got her said she was abused
    >> but is healthy. They are also closed until Monday. What's wrong
    >> with her and what can I do or get for her.
    >>

    > Try feeding some baby food. When I got my first Yorkie we had the same
    > problem. She would eat just a little of the Gerber's chicken but it was
    > enough to get her started.
    >
    > Good luck,
    > Ed
    >
    > --

    My daughter has cherished a poodle for 15 years (of illness and worry). The
    vet puts the dog on chicken and boiled rice, mixed. Works a treat. Dogs`
    eyes glaze over with happiness when they smell chicken. (mind you, so do
    mine. <g>.)
    best wishes..OJ.

    old jon, Aug 21, 2005
  12. pcbutts1

    Toolman Tim Guest

    uh Clem... wrote:
    > What trick, what device, what starting-hole on Sat, 20 Aug 2005
    > 22:32:24 GMT, canst thou now find out, to hide "pcbutts1"
    > <> from this open and apparent shame?:
    >
    >> Just got it. 8 weeks old had her for a few days. She is not eating
    >> and looks to be getting skinnier. The vets in this small town are
    >> closed until Monday. Nearest open vet is an hour away. Her poop is
    >> very little and wet. The pound where I got her said she was abused
    >> but is healthy. They are also closed until Monday. What's wrong with
    >> her and what can I do or get for her.

    > Put a sock on her head and laugh as she scoots backwards in circles.
    > No wait...that's for cats.
    >
    > Nevermind.

    Works for my dogs - long noses. The smarter the dog is, the faster they get
    the sock off. Another simple intelligence test is a dog biscuit and a towel.
    When the dog is out of the room, put the biscuit down and cover it with the
    towel. Let the dog back in. The faster the dog gets the biscuit, the smarter
    they are. I have one dog that just lays down, looks at it, and whines...I
    think his bulb is burned out...<g>

    --
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 21, 2005