    if needed:) Recommendation needed please.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jun 3, 2005

  2. John

    Tony Guest

    On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 19:50:01 +1200, John <> wrote:

    >Just ordered a new 6600GT and as my existing PSU is an old iCute 320W
    >I suspect a new PSU is needed.
    >Had a look though Google for PSU threads in nz.comp and a number of
    >makes have been mentioned - Task - Enermax - AcBels are these still
    >being recommended?
    >Quite liked the look of this one from ascent. Does anyone have any
    >views on this PSU?
    >
    >http://3rsystem.co.kr/english/products/view.asp?navi=power&idx_num=37
    >
    >Looking to pay between $75 and $150 would prefer cheaper but will pay
    >if needed:) Recommendation needed please.
    >
    >Regards,
    >John.

    Has no real data listed, or Warrantee, not one that I would buy, you get what
    you pay for.

    I have not seen any reviews of that brand.

    Tony, Jun 3, 2005

  3. John

    ~misfit~ Guest

    John wrote:
    > Just ordered a new 6600GT and as my existing PSU is an old iCute 320W
    > I suspect a new PSU is needed.
    > Had a look though Google for PSU threads in nz.comp and a number of
    > makes have been mentioned - Task - Enermax - AcBels are these still
    > being recommended?

    The only Enermax I owned blew up when I put a stuffed CPU into my mobo and
    powered it up. The mobo and PSU both went out. It was a couple of years old.

    In the last 2 years I've bought both Task (500W) and AcBel (450W) and both
    are absolutly fine, both running now. I couldn't say which is better,
    they've both been faultless. AcBel has a lifetime factory warranty, although
    I don't know how you'd go trying to claim on it 5 years down the track. (Or
    at all in NZ, I'd say it'd be honoured.... eventually).

    > Quite liked the look of this one from ascent. Does anyone have any
    > views on this PSU?
    >
    > http://3rsystem.co.kr/english/products/view.asp?navi=power&idx_num=37

    Don't like it. Never heard of them, looks light. <shrug> Gut feelings.

    > Looking to pay between $75 and $150 would prefer cheaper but will pay
    > if needed:)

    You get what you pay for. Especially with PSUs. Warranties are a good
    indicator too. Factory, not supplier.

    > Recommendation needed please.

    See above. I'd still say Task or AcBel, both have been trouble-free and,
    while not the cheapest out there, good value for money. I installed Tt for a
    mate and it was half the weight of my AcBel/Task and rated at around the
    same wattage.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jun 3, 2005
  4. In article <13rot1wzqrt15$.1mebjm0g88y92$>,
    lid says...
    > Just ordered a new 6600GT and as my existing PSU is an old iCute 320W
    > I suspect a new PSU is needed.
    > Had a look though Google for PSU threads in nz.comp and a number of
    > makes have been mentioned - Task - Enermax - AcBels are these still
    > being recommended?
    > Quite liked the look of this one from ascent. Does anyone have any
    > views on this PSU?
    >
    > http://3rsystem.co.kr/english/products/view.asp?navi=power&idx_num=37
    >
    > Looking to pay between $75 and $150 would prefer cheaper but will pay
    > if needed:) Recommendation needed please.
    >
    > Regards,
    > John.

    You may safely add Tagan and Nexus to that list. Antec are v. good.

    Nexus is supposed to be about the quietest out there; shit - they're
    expensive though.
    Tagan seems to be all the rage amongst enthusiast system builders and
    reviewers in Europe.

    I just bought an 420W Enermax at a good price (just under 120) and I am
    pretty happy with it - I can barely hear the 2fans when I put my ear
    next to the case under the table (plus they have an excellent rep. for
    delivering good clean power, goes without saying).

    I'd be careful with the 3r : they are a new cheap brand and I'd wait
    until they get a track record before buying critical components off
    them.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Jun 3, 2005
  5. John

    John Guest

    On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 23:04:38 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > John wrote:
    >> Just ordered a new 6600GT and as my existing PSU is an old iCute 320W
    >> I suspect a new PSU is needed.
    >> Had a look though Google for PSU threads in nz.comp and a number of
    >> makes have been mentioned - Task - Enermax - AcBels are these still
    >> being recommended?

    > The only Enermax I owned blew up when I put a stuffed CPU into my mobo and
    > powered it up. The mobo and PSU both went out. It was a couple of years old.
    >
    > In the last 2 years I've bought both Task (500W) and AcBel (450W) and both
    > are absolutly fine, both running now. I couldn't say which is better,
    > they've both been faultless. AcBel has a lifetime factory warranty, although
    > I don't know how you'd go trying to claim on it 5 years down the track. (Or
    > at all in NZ, I'd say it'd be honoured.... eventually).
    >
    >> Quite liked the look of this one from ascent. Does anyone have any
    >> views on this PSU?
    >>
    >> http://3rsystem.co.kr/english/products/view.asp?navi=power&idx_num=37

    > Don't like it. Never heard of them, looks light. <shrug> Gut feelings.
    >
    >> Looking to pay between $75 and $150 would prefer cheaper but will pay
    >> if needed:)

    > You get what you pay for. Especially with PSUs. Warranties are a good
    > indicator too. Factory, not supplier.
    >
    >> Recommendation needed please.

    > See above. I'd still say Task or AcBel, both have been trouble-free and,
    > while not the cheapest out there, good value for money. I installed Tt for a
    > mate and it was half the weight of my AcBel/Task and rated at around the
    > same wattage.

    Is this the Task you purchased?

    On the Ascent web site it shows the Task 520W but when using the link
    to the manufacturer's specification it doesn't show a 520W?
    It also states 3 year warranty on the site but only 1 year from Ascent
    - if I go ahead with the Task I'll need to contact Ascent in regards
    the warranty.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jun 3, 2005
  6. John

    John Guest

    On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 21:23:51 +1200, Tony wrote:

    > On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 19:50:01 +1200, John <> wrote:
    >
    >>Just ordered a new 6600GT and as my existing PSU is an old iCute 320W
    >>I suspect a new PSU is needed.
    >>Had a look though Google for PSU threads in nz.comp and a number of
    >>makes have been mentioned - Task - Enermax - AcBels are these still
    >>being recommended?
    >>Quite liked the look of this one from ascent. Does anyone have any
    >>views on this PSU?
    >>
    >>http://3rsystem.co.kr/english/products/view.asp?navi=power&idx_num=37
    >>
    >>Looking to pay between $75 and $150 would prefer cheaper but will pay
    >>if needed:) Recommendation needed please.
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>John.
    >>

    > Has no real data listed, or Warrantee, not one that I would buy, you get what
    > you pay for.
    >
    > I have not seen any reviews of that brand.

    Thanks Roger, Others have replied saying much the same, I'll forget
    the 3rsystem.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jun 3, 2005
  7. John

    John Guest

    On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 00:29:32 +1200, Peter Huebner wrote:

    > In article <13rot1wzqrt15$.1mebjm0g88y92$>,
    > lid says...
    >> Just ordered a new 6600GT and as my existing PSU is an old iCute 320W
    >> I suspect a new PSU is needed.
    >> Had a look though Google for PSU threads in nz.comp and a number of
    >> makes have been mentioned - Task - Enermax - AcBels are these still
    >> being recommended?

    <snip>

    > I just bought an 420W Enermax at a good price (just under 120) and I am
    > pretty happy with it - I can barely hear the 2fans when I put my ear
    > next to the case under the table (plus they have an excellent rep. for
    > delivering good clean power, goes without saying).

    Is this the one you purchased?

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jun 3, 2005
  8. John

    Jerry Guest

    John wrote:
    > Just ordered a new 6600GT and as my existing PSU is an old iCute 320W
    > I suspect a new PSU is needed.
    > Had a look though Google for PSU threads in nz.comp and a number of
    > makes have been mentioned - Task - Enermax - AcBels are these still
    > being recommended?
    > Quite liked the look of this one from ascent. Does anyone have any
    > views on this PSU?
    >
    > http://3rsystem.co.kr/english/products/view.asp?navi=power&idx_num=37
    >
    > Looking to pay between $75 and $150 would prefer cheaper but will pay
    > if needed:) Recommendation needed please.
    >
    > Regards,
    > John.

    I've never had a problem with Enermax. Go for the 420 or 660 if you
    really want to go all out.

    Jerry

    Jerry, Jun 3, 2005
  9. Peter Huebner, Jun 4, 2005
  10. John

    Tony Guest

    On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 07:30:00 +1200, John <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 21:23:51 +1200, Tony wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 19:50:01 +1200, John <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Just ordered a new 6600GT and as my existing PSU is an old iCute 320W
    >>>I suspect a new PSU is needed.
    >>>Had a look though Google for PSU threads in nz.comp and a number of
    >>>makes have been mentioned - Task - Enermax - AcBels are these still
    >>>being recommended?
    >>>Quite liked the look of this one from ascent. Does anyone have any
    >>>views on this PSU?
    >>>
    >>>http://3rsystem.co.kr/english/products/view.asp?navi=power&idx_num=37
    >>>
    >>>Looking to pay between $75 and $150 would prefer cheaper but will pay
    >>>if needed:) Recommendation needed please.
    >>>
    >>>Regards,
    >>>John.
    >>>

    >> Has no real data listed, or Warrantee, not one that I would buy, you get what
    >> you pay for.
    >>
    >> I have not seen any reviews of that brand.

    >Thanks Roger, Others have replied saying much the same, I'll forget
    >the 3rsystem.
    >
    >Regards,
    >John.

    The 485W Enermax is a good buy and not to dear.

    Tony, Jun 4, 2005
  11. John

    ~misfit~ Guest

    John wrote:
    > On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 23:04:38 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> John wrote:
    >>> Just ordered a new 6600GT and as my existing PSU is an old iCute
    >>> 320W I suspect a new PSU is needed.
    >>> Had a look though Google for PSU threads in nz.comp and a number of
    >>> makes have been mentioned - Task - Enermax - AcBels are these still
    >>> being recommended?

    >> The only Enermax I owned blew up when I put a stuffed CPU into my
    >> mobo and powered it up. The mobo and PSU both went out. It was a
    >> couple of years old.
    >>
    >> In the last 2 years I've bought both Task (500W) and AcBel (450W)
    >> and both are absolutly fine, both running now. I couldn't say which
    >> is better, they've both been faultless. AcBel has a lifetime factory
    >> warranty, although I don't know how you'd go trying to claim on it 5
    >> years down the track. (Or at all in NZ, I'd say it'd be honoured....
    >> eventually).
    >>
    >>> Quite liked the look of this one from ascent. Does anyone have any
    >>> views on this PSU?
    >>>
    >>> http://3rsystem.co.kr/english/products/view.asp?navi=power&idx_num=37

    >> Don't like it. Never heard of them, looks light. <shrug> Gut
    >> feelings.
    >>
    >>> Looking to pay between $75 and $150 would prefer cheaper but will
    >>> pay if needed:)

    >> You get what you pay for. Especially with PSUs. Warranties are a good
    >> indicator too. Factory, not supplier.
    >>
    >>> Recommendation needed please.

    >> See above. I'd still say Task or AcBel, both have been trouble-free
    >> and, while not the cheapest out there, good value for money. I
    >> installed Tt for a mate and it was half the weight of my AcBel/Task
    >> and rated at around the same wattage.

    > Is this the Task you purchased?
    >
    > http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=339415

    No, mine was bought about 18 months ago, that one has "New" next to it.

    > On the Ascent web site it shows the Task 520W but when using the link
    > to the manufacturer's specification it doesn't show a 520W?

    Strangely I couldn't find my exact model on the Task website when I bought
    it either. I don't know what that's all about. Mine has "500W" on it but it
    was identical to a 520W on the website except for one letter in the serial
    number. Mine has a single 'external' 80mm fan, not like the newer ones with
    the 120mm LED fans.

    > It also states 3 year warranty on the site but only 1 year from Ascent
    > - if I go ahead with the Task I'll need to contact Ascent in regards
    > the warranty.

    The usual story with that sort of thing is the NZ supplier offers a 12-month
    warranty which *they* honour, any warranty claim beyond that and you have to
    go through the agent. (Which often takes a lot longer to sort out). At least
    that's been my experience.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jun 4, 2005
  12. John

    Johnny Ray Guest

    On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 13:14:54 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > John wrote:

    >>> The only Enermax I owned blew up when I put a stuffed CPU into my
    >>> mobo and powered it up. The mobo and PSU both went out. It was a
    >>> couple of years old.
    >>>
    >>> In the last 2 years I've bought both Task (500W) and AcBel (450W)
    >>> and both are absolutly fine, both running now. I couldn't say which
    >>> is better, they've both been faultless. AcBel has a lifetime factory
    >>> warranty, although I don't know how you'd go trying to claim on it 5
    >>> years down the track. (Or at all in NZ, I'd say it'd be honoured....
    >>> eventually).

    >>> Don't like it. Never heard of them, looks light. <shrug> Gut
    >>> feelings.

    >>> You get what you pay for. Especially with PSUs. Warranties are a good
    >>> indicator too. Factory, not supplier.

    >>> See above. I'd still say Task or AcBel, both have been trouble-free
    >>> and, while not the cheapest out there, good value for money. I
    >>> installed Tt for a mate and it was half the weight of my AcBel/Task
    >>> and rated at around the same wattage.

    >> Is this the Task you purchased?
    >>
    >> http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=339415

    > No, mine was bought about 18 months ago, that one has "New" next to it.
    >
    >> On the Ascent web site it shows the Task 520W but when using the link
    >> to the manufacturer's specification it doesn't show a 520W?

    > Strangely I couldn't find my exact model on the Task website when I bought
    > it either. I don't know what that's all about. Mine has "500W" on it but it
    > was identical to a 520W on the website except for one letter in the serial
    > number. Mine has a single 'external' 80mm fan, not like the newer ones with
    > the 120mm LED fans.
    >
    >> It also states 3 year warranty on the site but only 1 year from Ascent
    >> - if I go ahead with the Task I'll need to contact Ascent in regards
    >> the warranty.

    > The usual story with that sort of thing is the NZ supplier offers a 12-month
    > warranty which *they* honour, any warranty claim beyond that and you have to
    > go through the agent. (Which often takes a lot longer to sort out). At least
    > that's been my experience.

    Thanks for getting back to me re the Task PSU.

    I've just about decided that I'll purchase one, or the other of the
    two shown below.
    Enermax EG495P-SFMA24P, NoiseTaker, 485W ATX PSU - Ascent Price
    $156.50.
    Task 520W PSU, ATX 2.0, 120mm Blue LED fan - Ascent Price $106.69.

    If they sold at the same price I would go for the Enermax but at $50
    difference I'm tending towards the Task.
    The machine is running a Soltek SL-75MRN with a AMD 2700+ Athlon XP.
    Two Seagate hard drives.
    Two DVD burners.
    Creative Soundblaster Live card.
    USB 2.0 4Port PCI adaptor card.
    1GB DDR
    Floppy Drive
    nVidia 6600GT Video card.
    Four Case fans.
    Most likely other stuff that I can't think of just at the moment:)

    In your opinion would the Task 520W be suitable for my requirements?

    Regards,
    John.

    Johnny Ray, Jun 4, 2005
  13. John

    GraB Guest

    >I've just about decided that I'll purchase one, or the other of the
    >two shown below.
    >Enermax EG495P-SFMA24P, NoiseTaker, 485W ATX PSU - Ascent Price
    >$156.50.
    >Task 520W PSU, ATX 2.0, 120mm Blue LED fan - Ascent Price $106.69.
    >
    >If they sold at the same price I would go for the Enermax but at $50
    >difference I'm tending towards the Task.
    >The machine is running a Soltek SL-75MRN with a AMD 2700+ Athlon XP.
    >Two Seagate hard drives.
    >Two DVD burners.
    >Creative Soundblaster Live card.
    >USB 2.0 4Port PCI adaptor card.
    >1GB DDR
    >Floppy Drive
    >nVidia 6600GT Video card.
    >Four Case fans.
    >Most likely other stuff that I can't think of just at the moment:)
    >
    >In your opinion would the Task 520W be suitable for my requirements?
    >
    >Regards,
    >John.

    Overkill.
    Recently I was running an ASRock K7VT2 mobo with Athlon XP2400+,
    Radeon 7500 video card,
    DVD burner,
    2 hard drives,
    soundcard,
    512Mb DDR RAM,
    TV card,
    hard drive controller card,
    floppy drive,
    large 92mm CPU fan,
    USB modem
    all on a 250W PSU without trouble. Upgraded to a 350W Enermax I was
    given.

    GraB, Jun 4, 2005
  14. John

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Johnny Ray wrote:
    > On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 13:14:54 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> John wrote:

    >>> Is this the Task you purchased?
    >>>
    >>> http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=339415

    >> No, mine was bought about 18 months ago, that one has "New" next to
    >> it.
    >>
    >>> On the Ascent web site it shows the Task 520W but when using the
    >>> link to the manufacturer's specification it doesn't show a 520W?

    >> Strangely I couldn't find my exact model on the Task website when I
    >> bought it either. I don't know what that's all about. Mine has
    >> "500W" on it but it was identical to a 520W on the website except
    >> for one letter in the serial number. Mine has a single 'external'
    >> 80mm fan, not like the newer ones with the 120mm LED fans.
    >>
    >>> It also states 3 year warranty on the site but only 1 year from
    >>> Ascent - if I go ahead with the Task I'll need to contact Ascent in
    >>> regards the warranty.

    >> The usual story with that sort of thing is the NZ supplier offers a
    >> 12-month warranty which *they* honour, any warranty claim beyond
    >> that and you have to go through the agent. (Which often takes a lot
    >> longer to sort out). At least that's been my experience.

    > Thanks for getting back to me re the Task PSU.
    >
    > I've just about decided that I'll purchase one, or the other of the
    > two shown below.
    > Enermax EG495P-SFMA24P, NoiseTaker, 485W ATX PSU - Ascent Price
    > $156.50.
    > Task 520W PSU, ATX 2.0, 120mm Blue LED fan - Ascent Price $106.69.
    >
    > If they sold at the same price I would go for the Enermax but at $50
    > difference I'm tending towards the Task.
    > The machine is running a Soltek SL-75MRN with a AMD 2700+ Athlon XP.
    > Two Seagate hard drives.
    > Two DVD burners.
    > Creative Soundblaster Live card.
    > USB 2.0 4Port PCI adaptor card.
    > 1GB DDR
    > Floppy Drive
    > nVidia 6600GT Video card.
    > Four Case fans.
    > Most likely other stuff that I can't think of just at the moment:)
    >
    > In your opinion would the Task 520W be suitable for my requirements?

    Yep, easilly. Very similar to what I'm running with mine. Soltek SL-75FRN2L,
    AMD Barton XP2600, nVidia ti 4200, two HDD, two optical drives, 1 GB RAM,
    various fans. No problem at all.

    Good luck,
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jun 4, 2005
  15. John

    John Guest

    On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 17:52:52 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Johnny Ray wrote:

    >>> No, mine was bought about 18 months ago, that one has "New" next to
    >>> it.

    >>> Strangely I couldn't find my exact model on the Task website when I
    >>> bought it either. I don't know what that's all about. Mine has
    >>> "500W" on it but it was identical to a 520W on the website except
    >>> for one letter in the serial number. Mine has a single 'external'
    >>> 80mm fan, not like the newer ones with the 120mm LED fans.

    >>> The usual story with that sort of thing is the NZ supplier offers a
    >>> 12-month warranty which *they* honour, any warranty claim beyond
    >>> that and you have to go through the agent. (Which often takes a lot
    >>> longer to sort out). At least that's been my experience.

    >> Thanks for getting back to me re the Task PSU.
    >>
    >> I've just about decided that I'll purchase one, or the other of the
    >> two shown below.
    >> Enermax EG495P-SFMA24P, NoiseTaker, 485W ATX PSU - Ascent Price
    >> $156.50.
    >> Task 520W PSU, ATX 2.0, 120mm Blue LED fan - Ascent Price $106.69.
    >>
    >> If they sold at the same price I would go for the Enermax but at $50
    >> difference I'm tending towards the Task.
    >> The machine is running a Soltek SL-75MRN with a AMD 2700+ Athlon XP.
    >> Two Seagate hard drives.
    >> Two DVD burners.
    >> Creative Soundblaster Live card.
    >> USB 2.0 4Port PCI adaptor card.
    >> 1GB DDR
    >> Floppy Drive
    >> nVidia 6600GT Video card.
    >> Four Case fans.
    >> Most likely other stuff that I can't think of just at the moment:)
    >>
    >> In your opinion would the Task 520W be suitable for my requirements?

    > Yep, easilly. Very similar to what I'm running with mine. Soltek SL-75FRN2L,
    > AMD Barton XP2600, nVidia ti 4200, two HDD, two optical drives, 1 GB RAM,
    > various fans. No problem at all.
    >
    > Good luck,

    Okay, it looks like I've made my decision - thanks to all who
    responded.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jun 4, 2005
  16. John

    Tony Guest

    On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 14:55:32 +1200, Johnny Ray <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 13:14:54 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> John wrote:

    >>> Is this the Task you purchased?
    >>>
    >>> http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=339415

    >> No, mine was bought about 18 months ago, that one has "New" next to it.
    >>
    >>> On the Ascent web site it shows the Task 520W but when using the link
    >>> to the manufacturer's specification it doesn't show a 520W?

    >> Strangely I couldn't find my exact model on the Task website when I bought
    >> it either. I don't know what that's all about. Mine has "500W" on it but it
    >> was identical to a 520W on the website except for one letter in the serial
    >> number. Mine has a single 'external' 80mm fan, not like the newer ones with
    >> the 120mm LED fans.
    >>
    >>> It also states 3 year warranty on the site but only 1 year from Ascent
    >>> - if I go ahead with the Task I'll need to contact Ascent in regards
    >>> the warranty.

    >> The usual story with that sort of thing is the NZ supplier offers a 12-month
    >> warranty which *they* honour, any warranty claim beyond that and you have to
    >> go through the agent. (Which often takes a lot longer to sort out). At least
    >> that's been my experience.

    >Thanks for getting back to me re the Task PSU.
    >
    >I've just about decided that I'll purchase one, or the other of the
    >two shown below.
    >Enermax EG495P-SFMA24P, NoiseTaker, 485W ATX PSU - Ascent Price
    >$156.50.
    >Task 520W PSU, ATX 2.0, 120mm Blue LED fan - Ascent Price $106.69.
    >
    >If they sold at the same price I would go for the Enermax but at $50
    >difference I'm tending towards the Task.
    >The machine is running a Soltek SL-75MRN with a AMD 2700+ Athlon XP.
    >Two Seagate hard drives.
    >Two DVD burners.
    >Creative Soundblaster Live card.
    >USB 2.0 4Port PCI adaptor card.
    >1GB DDR
    >Floppy Drive
    >nVidia 6600GT Video card.
    >Four Case fans.
    >Most likely other stuff that I can't think of just at the moment:)
    >
    >In your opinion would the Task 520W be suitable for my requirements?
    >
    >Regards,
    >John.

    That Task 520W Model is not listed on the Task Web site..

    Plus this I don't like

    Ball-Bearing Fan (optional)

    and this, No M.T.B.F. listed..?

    So does it come with a Ball-Bearing Fan ?

    Plus PFC can make the PSU more unreliable as that also is a Option..

    When doing a search on Google Only NZ sites are listed for that model..

    TK-952TX-JB

    Tony, Jun 4, 2005
  17. John

    John Guest

    On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 18:28:17 +1200, Tony wrote:

    <snip>

    > That Task 520W Model is not listed on the Task Web site..

    Yes, this has been mentioned.

    > Plus this I don't like
    >
    > Ball-Bearing Fan (optional)
    >
    > and this, No M.T.B.F. listed..?
    >
    > So does it come with a Ball-Bearing Fan ?
    >

    > Plus PFC can make the PSU more unreliable as that also is a Option..
    >
    > When doing a search on Google Only NZ sites are listed for that model..
    >
    > TK-952TX-JB

    Try www.task.com.tw

    I've sent Ascent an email requesting answers about the Task but doubt
    that I'll receive an answer before Tuesday. Really wanted to order the
    unit this weekend so that I could install before the 6600GT card
    arrives next week.
    Still not sure which one out of the two I'll purchase, but money is
    pushing me towards the Task.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jun 4, 2005
  18. John

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Tony wrote:

    > That Task 520W Model is not listed on the Task Web site..
    >
    > Plus this I don't like
    >
    > Ball-Bearing Fan (optional)
    >
    > and this, No M.T.B.F. listed..?
    >

    > So does it come with a Ball-Bearing Fan ?
    >

    > Plus PFC can make the PSU more unreliable as that also is a
    > Option..
    >
    > When doing a search on Google Only NZ sites are listed for that
    > model..
    >
    > TK-952TX-JB

    It was exactly the same with the model I bought a while back. TK-520TX.
    Couldn't find it on the Task site and only found NZ hits for it. It's been
    fine. I don't get any hits for it now.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jun 4, 2005
  19. John

    Tony Guest

    On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 19:59:47 +1200, John <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 18:28:17 +1200, Tony wrote:
    >
    ><snip>
    >
    >> That Task 520W Model is not listed on the Task Web site..

    >Yes, this has been mentioned.
    >
    >> Plus this I don't like
    >>
    >> Ball-Bearing Fan (optional)
    >>
    >> and this, No M.T.B.F. listed..?
    >>
    >> So does it come with a Ball-Bearing Fan ?
    >>

    >> Plus PFC can make the PSU more unreliable as that also is a Option..
    >>
    >> When doing a search on Google Only NZ sites are listed for that model..
    >>
    >> TK-952TX-JB

    >Try www.task.com.tw

    I was not referring to that web site, but, its seems that this Model is ONLY
    Sold in NZ, that is why only NZ web sites came up with a general Google
    search.

    I thought these were used a lot in the EU...?

    >I've sent Ascent an email requesting answers about the Task but doubt
    >that I'll receive an answer before Tuesday. Really wanted to order the
    >unit this weekend so that I could install before the 6600GT card
    >arrives next week.
    >Still not sure which one out of the two I'll purchase, but money is
    >pushing me towards the Task.
    >
    >Regards,
    >John.

    Plain Bearing Fans do not last..