New Program Not Listed In START/ALL PROGRAMS: Why Not ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Dec 7, 2004.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Brand new XP user.

    I installed a small program which put a shortcut on the desktop.
    Works fine.

    The program is also listed in Windows Explorer under C:\Program Files, like
    it should be.

    But, it is not listed when I go to the START button, and then ALL Programs.
    I also tried hitting F5, but no change.

    -Why might it not be listed there, with all the other programs ?

    -How do I get it to be listed (or at least the shortcut to it) ?

    Thanks,
    B.
    Robert11, Dec 7, 2004

  2. Robert11

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:10:31 -0500, Robert11 wrote:

    >Hello:
    >
    >Brand new XP user.
    >
    >I installed a small program which put a shortcut on the desktop.

    The program is called? It's download / support URI is?

    >Works fine.
    >
    >The program is also listed in Windows Explorer under C:\Program Files, like
    >it should be.
    >
    >But, it is not listed when I go to the START button, and then ALL Programs.
    >I also tried hitting F5, but no change.
    >
    >-Why might it not be listed there, with all the other programs ?
    >
    >-How do I get it to be listed (or at least the shortcut to it) ?

    If it's in C:\Program Files\<some directory>\<program name> right click
    on the program and select Create Shortcut.

    Then put the shortcut where you want.

    Sine you say it's not in ALL Programs, select the shortcut you created ,
    right click , copy. Right click on the Start button, Explore , navigate
    to All Users / Start Menu / Programs and drop the shortcut there.

    If that's a lot of mince, www.google.com for something like

    create shortcut in all users programs

    and try the MS article

    Some Programs May Not Create Shortcuts for All of the Fast User ...
    .... program, however, may work if a shortcut is created for it. ... The
    following programs
    are known not to create shortcuts for all ... Microsoft Windows XP Home
    Edition. ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301494 - 9k - Cached - Similar pages

    Me
    why?, Dec 7, 2004

  3. Robert11

    ImhoTech Guest

    "Robert11" <> wrote in message
    > Hello:
    >
    > Brand new XP user.
    >
    > I installed a small program which put a shortcut on the desktop.
    > Works fine.
    >
    > The program is also listed in Windows Explorer under C:\Program Files,
    > like it should be.
    >
    > But, it is not listed when I go to the START button, and then ALL
    > Programs.
    > I also tried hitting F5, but no change.
    >
    > -Why might it not be listed there, with all the other programs ?
    >
    > -How do I get it to be listed (or at least the shortcut to it) ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > B.

    CHRIST! You start by naming the program numbnuts! Sheesh.

    ImhoTech, Dec 7, 2004
  4. Robert11

    °Mike° Guest

    Drag the shortcut on the desktop to the Start/Programs
    menu, and place it where you like.

    On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:10:31 -0500, in
    <>
    Robert11 scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 7, 2004
  5. Robert11

    El Rossi Guest

    "ImhoTech" <> wrote in frenzy of gak fuelled meyhem

    > "Robert11" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> Brand new XP user.
    >>
    >> I installed a small program which put a shortcut on the desktop.
    >> Works fine.
    >>
    >> The program is also listed in Windows Explorer under C:\Program Files,
    >> like it should be.
    >>
    >> But, it is not listed when I go to the START button, and then ALL
    >> Programs.
    >> I also tried hitting F5, but no change.
    >>
    >> -Why might it not be listed there, with all the other programs ?
    >>
    >> -How do I get it to be listed (or at least the shortcut to it) ?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> B.

    > CHRIST! You start by naming the program numbnuts! Sheesh.

    How does calling the program numbnuts help?

    Surely youd want it called the name of the program.

    Or do you do this will all your programs?

    Your currently using scroatal express running of ballsack Home?
    El Rossi, Dec 8, 2004