    Cheers
    Southern Kiwi
    southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com

    Southern Kiwi, May 9, 2005

  2. Southern Kiwi

    Tim Guest

    If it hasn't been altered wilfully by her or any installer then just extract
    it again from the issue media.
    I am not sure what is in it these days, but the safest way to get it back is
    to get it off the media either by copy or using Expand.

    - Tim

    Tim, May 9, 2005

  3. Southern Kiwi

    Mark Guest

    >"Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> My Sis has been running an old 16 bit app (client biller) for many years.
    >> Has used it under 2000 pro for about 6 months, suddenly she gets this
    >> message
    >>
    >> 16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM
    >>
    >> C:\WINNT\SYSTEM 32\ AUTO EXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
    >> running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.
    >> ...and it wont load.
    >>

    >> Help appreciated
    >>
    >> --
    >> Cheers
    >> Southern Kiwi
    >> southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com
    >> Word of wisdom from high in the mountains....you know...like a Guru...but
    >> not as old....or mystic......or wise....or high... :)

    Try copying the autoexec.nt and config.nt files from C:\winnt\repair,
    back to C:\winnt\system32\

    I've seen a virus (forget which one..) in the past play with these 2
    files..and replacing them usually solves any problems like this..

    Cheers,

    Mark

    Mark, May 9, 2005
  4. Southern Kiwi

    AD. Guest

    On Mon, 09 May 2005 14:33:43 +1200, Southern Kiwi wrote:

    > C:\WINNT\SYSTEM 32\ AUTO EXEC.NT

    Probably nothing, but did the message really have those spaces in the path?

    --
    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., May 9, 2005
  5. "AD." <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 09 May 2005 14:33:43 +1200, Southern Kiwi wrote:
    >
    > > C:\WINNT\SYSTEM 32\ AUTO EXEC.NT

    > Probably nothing, but did the message really have those spaces in the

    path?

    Sorry, no, copy and paste straight from her email

    Southern Kiwi, May 9, 2005
  6. Southern Kiwi

    rrreese Guest

    rrreese, May 10, 2005