    Why?

    Thanks for your help!

    Diogenes

    Diogenes, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Diogenes

    George Guest

    I've owned both HP and Epson printers and there is one thing I'd check into
    if I was in the market again...the Epson that I had (actually I still have
    it but it sits in the basement, unused, as I hate it) had a very annoying
    "feature"...it would ONLY allow you to change the ink cartridge when IT told
    you to change the ink cartridge (there was an undocumented work-around for
    this that involved putting the printer in an undocumented service mode)...if
    you changed the cartridge any other time, it wouldn't recognize that it even
    had a cartridge and its (number of pages based) advice on when to change a
    cartridge was pure rubbish as they didn't last anywhere near that long or
    sometimes dried out. IF Epson printers still behave like this, I'd totally
    disqualify them from consideration. Mind you, this experience was a few
    years ago. (My Epson even squirted the contents of its ink cartridge into
    itself making a royal mess.)

    I've had no problems with HP printers and you may change the ink cartridges
    as often as you like and without doing anything special.

    George, Nov 30, 2003

  3. RE/
    >If it were up to you, which of the three printers would you choose?
    >Why?

    I bought the 9760.

    Why? No particular reason in the context of comparing it to others....CompUSA
    had it in stock and the price was about the same as PC Connection's....

    One thing I discovered afterwards: it has a convenient card reader built in
    that uses the same USB cable that the printer uses. I *like* this feature.
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (Pete Cresswell), Nov 30, 2003