    want is the best kind to buy??

    thanks

    Ian
    Ian Fraser, Feb 9, 2005

  2. Ian Fraser

    SgtMinor Guest

    Ian Fraser wrote:

    > hi everyone,
    >
    > I have to buy a new printer, the most I want to pay is about $125
    >
    > want is the best kind to buy??
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Ian

    A good quality 9-pin dot matrix with a dozen fresh ribbons should take
    care of you just fine.

    Seriously, Ian, don't you think it may make a difference if you
    stipulated what this printer should do? Are you printing a lot of
    pictures, or mostly b&w documents? Is the cost of consumables important?

    Personally, I like the old Canon printers where the print head is
    separate from the cartridge and refills sell for $1.50 or so.
    SgtMinor, Feb 9, 2005

  3. Ian Fraser

    Martik Guest

    Martik, Feb 9, 2005