    The drives are working, ie the power lights come on and they accept and
    eject discs.

    What the heck have I forgotten.

    dan, Aug 16, 2003

  2. dan

    dan Guest

    Thanks Glenn that was embarrassingly simple.

    "Glenn (SBfan2000)" <> wrote in message
    > make sure you didn't bump cables while replacing the PS! Sounds like

    loose
    > IDE cables!
    >

    > "dan" <> wrote in message
    > > I have just installed a new power supply in my P2 350 running Win98 and

    it

    dan, Aug 16, 2003

  3. dan

    RJ Guest

    Sounds like your IDE cable(s) are either not connected properly, not
    connected at all, broken, or something more expensive to fix :(

    First check in your BIOS to see if it might simply be detecting the
    devices incorrectly, then check your cables and connections. Shouldn't be
    more than that.

    Good Luck

    RJ, Aug 27, 2003