    I hope this advice helps in your dealings with this news group.

    Regards,

    Frankie.

    Frankie, Nov 2, 2008

  2. Frankie

    Bob Williams Guest

    Frankie wrote:

    > snip....
    > My advice would be for you to post your queries to other news
    > groups .....snip
    > I hope this advice helps in your dealings with this news group.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Frankie.

    And that "Troll-Free newsgroup would be......?
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Nov 2, 2008

  3. "Toby" <> wrote:
    >"Gerald" <> wrote in message
    >Then, of course, there are the P&S trolls....

    Troll, not trolls. Singular only.
    It's just one, but he's suffering from an extreme case of Multiple
    Identity Disorder.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Nov 2, 2008
  4. Frankie

    Mark Anthony Guest

    On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 13:44:03 -0800, Jürgen Exner <> wrote:

    >"Toby" <> wrote:
    >>"Gerald" <> wrote in message
    >>Then, of course, there are the P&S trolls....

    >Troll, not trolls. Singular only.
    >It's just one, but he's suffering from an extreme case of Multiple
    >Identity Disorder.
    >
    >jue

    The easiest way to spot the corporate DSLR shills is how defensive they get.
    They'll stop at nothing to dissuade others from their own misleading and
    deceptively biased opinions.

    Mark Anthony, Nov 2, 2008
  5. Mark Anthony <> wrote:
    >On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 13:44:03 -0800, Jürgen Exner <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Toby" <> wrote:
    >>>"Gerald" <> wrote in message
    >>>Then, of course, there are the P&S trolls....

    >>Troll, not trolls. Singular only.
    >>It's just one, but he's suffering from an extreme case of Multiple
    >>Identity Disorder.
    >>
    >>jue

    >The easiest way to spot the corporate DSLR shills is how defensive they get.
    >They'll stop at nothing to dissuade others from their own misleading and
    >deceptively biased opinions.

    "Attention drivers, on Interstate X there is a wrong way driver between
    exits y and z!"
    "One? There are hundreds!"

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Nov 2, 2008
  6. Frankie

    Charles Guest

    "Frankie" <> wrote in message
    > You probably are already aware that usenet attracts all sorts of
    > numpties, nutters and malignant entities. This news group is no
    > exception. Indeed it may well have more than its fair share.
    > It seems to me to be infested with brainless trolls who exhibit a
    > nasty malign tendency to dish out aggravation under the
    > guise of "help".
    >
    > My advice would be for you to post your queries to other news
    > groups and consider the replies sent to this one with extreme
    > caution. There are of course genuine people frequenting this
    > news group who will only give good advice but they are in the
    > minority, in my honest opinion that is.
    >
    > I hope this advice helps in your dealings with this news group.

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=numptie

    Malignant? As in causing brain cancer?

    Your command of the language is unique, you nutter!

    Charles, Nov 2, 2008
  7. Frankie

    Eric Stevens Guest

    On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 14:42:53 -0600, Gerald <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 20:02:55 +0000, Frankie <> wrote:
    >
    >>You probably are already aware that usenet attracts all sorts of
    >>numpties, nutters and malignant entities. This news group is no
    >>exception. Indeed it may well have more than its fair share.
    >>It seems to me to be infested with brainless trolls who exhibit a
    >>nasty malign tendency to dish out aggravation under the
    >>guise of "help".
    >>
    >>My advice would be for you to post your queries to other news
    >>groups and consider the replies sent to this one with extreme
    >>caution. There are of course genuine people frequenting this
    >>news group who will only give good advice but they are in the
    >>minority, in my honest opinion that is.
    >>
    >>I hope this advice helps in your dealings with this news group.
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>
    >>Frankie.

    >Yes, there seems to be a plethora of people with personal agendas with extremely
    >obvious and highly misinformed biases. Often revealed when they try to get
    >people to buy DSLRs. This advice often given to people that don't need them nor
    >want them They use very deceptive and misleading information about a DSLR's
    >so-called "superior" capabilities. We suspect that those people are just shills
    >from the camera manufacturers who are here to increase their profits on their
    >overpriced DSLR bodies and lenses. When in fact, in the hands of a talented
    >photographer, you can achieve the very same results from a P&S camera for 1/2 to
    >1/10th the price.

    Thanks for the demonstration.

    Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens, Nov 2, 2008
  8. Frankie

    Eric Stevens Guest

    On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 15:55:18 -0600, Mark Anthony
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 13:44:03 -0800, Jürgen Exner <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Toby" <> wrote:
    >>>"Gerald" <> wrote in message
    >>>Then, of course, there are the P&S trolls....

    >>Troll, not trolls. Singular only.
    >>It's just one, but he's suffering from an extreme case of Multiple
    >>Identity Disorder.
    >>
    >>jue

    >The easiest way to spot the corporate DSLR shills is how defensive they get.
    >They'll stop at nothing to dissuade others from their own misleading and
    >deceptively biased opinions.

    Thanks for the demonstration of multiple identities.

    Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens, Nov 2, 2008
  9. Frankie

    Paul Furman Guest

    Frankie wrote to uk.rec.ufo & some other groups:

    > this news group.

    -marking thread ignored

    Paul Furman, Nov 3, 2008
  10. Frankie

    Frankie Guest

    On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 23:28:21 -0600, CharlesBenton <>
    wrote:

    >"At every crossway on the road that leads to the future, each progressive spirit
    >is opposed by a thousand fools appointed to guard the past." - Maeterlinck

    As long as they are only fools we will succeed. It's the malevolent nutters and
    trolls you have to be firm with. Fools you can play with! But to be on the safe
    side DO look back but only occasionally.

    Thank you once again for your contributions wild tho some have been.

    Take care and keep the faith.

    Your good buddy, Frankie.

    Frankie, Nov 3, 2008
  11. Frankie

    Eric Stevens Guest

    On 3 Nov 2008 04:53:02 -0600, "Toby" <> wrote:

    >"Eric Stevens" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 15:55:18 -0600, Mark Anthony
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>The easiest way to spot the corporate DSLR shills is how defensive they
    >>>get.
    >>>They'll stop at nothing to dissuade others from their own misleading and
    >>>deceptively biased opinions.

    >> Thanks for the demonstration of multiple identities.

    >I believe it has to do with drugs.

    What? Taking them, or not taking them?

    Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens, Nov 3, 2008
  12. Frankie

    Guest

    Gerald <> wrote:

    >Yes, there seems to be a plethora of people with personal agendas with extremely
    >obvious and highly misinformed biases. Often revealed when they try to get
    >people to buy DSLRs. This advice often given to people that don't need them nor
    >want them They use very deceptive and misleading information about a DSLR's
    >so-called "superior" capabilities. We suspect that those people are just shills
    >from the camera manufacturers who are here to increase their profits on their
    >overpriced DSLR bodies and lenses. When in fact, in the hands of a talented
    >photographer, you can achieve the very same results from a P&S camera for 1/2 to
    >1/10th the price.

    What a load of rubbish.

    --
    A. Canon.