New Poster - About Me!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Morris Attaway, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. Hello All,

    My name is Morris Attaway. I just discovered this group today and love it
    already. A little about myself... I have been destroying (early days) and
    building computers for 3/4 of my life :D Yep... about 20 years i would say.

    My expertise is on Microsoft products. If I can help you just let me know. I
    will try and get back with you as soon as possible. For quick tips... I
    don't mind. Now I won't sit back and guide you through an elaborate process
    (that would kill the old day job :D).
    _________________
    Morris C. Attaway, Jr.,
    Lead Designer
    Nerd 411
    Affordable.. Beautiful...Functional.
    Small Business Website Design.
    ____________________________
    Website: http://www.nerd411.com
    Phone: 866-4MY-NERD
    Fax: 435-417-0106
    ____________________________
    What is a Website?
    1) A Sales Tool Used To Increase Profit.
    2) A Marketing Tool Used To Gain Customers.
    Call TODAY for a free website review!
    ____________________________
    Morris Attaway, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Morris Attaway wrote:

    PLONK!
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    Gary G. Taylor, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Morris Attaway

    Ionizer Guest

    "Morris Attaway" <> wrote in message
    > Hello All,
    >
    > My name is Morris Attaway. I just discovered this group today and love it
    > already. A little about myself... I have been destroying (early days) and
    > building computers for 3/4 of my life :D Yep... about 20 years i would

    say.

    > My expertise is on Microsoft products. If I can help you just let me know.

    > will try and get back with you as soon as possible. For quick tips... I
    > don't mind. Now I won't sit back and guide you through an elaborate

    process
    > (that would kill the old day job :D).

    Hi, Morris:

    I look forward to reading your contributions to the group. Your
    qualifications sound quite impeccable- you'll do nicely.

    Regarding my own expertise, and I'm NOT making this up: I have worked for
    the largest chip manufacturer in the North America for the past 17 years.

    Welcome to the group,
    Ian.
    (Proud Frito-Lay employee.)
    Ionizer, Nov 21, 2003
  4. Morris Attaway

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Ionizer said:

    > "Morris Attaway" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello All,
    >>
    >> My name is Morris Attaway. I just discovered this group today and love it
    >> already. A little about myself... I have been destroying (early days) and
    >> building computers for 3/4 of my life :D Yep... about 20 years i would say.
    >>
    >> My expertise is on Microsoft products. If I can help you just let me know. I
    >> will try and get back with you as soon as possible. For quick tips... I
    >> don't mind. Now I won't sit back and guide you through an elaborate process
    >> (that would kill the old day job :D).

    > Hi, Morris:
    >
    > I look forward to reading your contributions to the group. Your
    > qualifications sound quite impeccable- you'll do nicely.
    >
    > Regarding my own expertise, and I'm NOT making this up: I have worked for
    > the largest chip manufacturer in the North America for the past 17 years.
    >
    > Welcome to the group,
    > Ian.
    > (Proud Frito-Lay employee.)

    McDonalds?

    Chip, frito..sorry, couldn't resist.
    :p
    Brian H¹©, Nov 21, 2003
  5. Morris Attaway

    Miggsee Guest

    Sigh!!

    Miggsee, Nov 21, 2003
  6. Morris Attaway

    Treb Guest

    Ugh!

    Treb, Nov 21, 2003
  7. Morris Attaway

    trout Guest

    Morris Attaway wrote:

    > Hello All,
    >
    > My name is Morris Attaway. I just discovered this group today and
    > love it already. A little about myself... I have been destroying
    > (early days) and building computers for 3/4 of my life :D Yep...
    > about 20 years i would say.
    >
    > My expertise is on Microsoft products. If I can help you just let me
    > know. I will try and get back with you as soon as possible. For quick
    > tips... I don't mind. Now I won't sit back and guide you through an
    > elaborate process (that would kill the old day job :D).

    <SNIP>

    All well and good. However; you will find that your time 'here' is
    going to be less than genial if you continue with the huge
    advertisements in each post.
    As mentioned to you previously; the accepted Usenet practice is
    *four* lines, in a properly-delimited signature, at the *end* of a post.
    --
    "Otherwise; it's spam. Plain and simple."
    trout, Nov 21, 2003
  8. Morris Attaway

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 01:41:41 GMT, Morris Attaway wrote:

    <snip>

    >My expertise is on Microsoft products. If I can help you just let me know. I

    That's why MS use lots of wizards, to make it easy.

    >will try and get back with you as soon as possible. For quick tips... I
    >don't mind. Now I won't sit back and guide you through an elaborate process
    >(that would kill the old day job :D).

    <snip most of stoopid long advert non sig>

    >Website: http://www.nerd411.com

    You need to learn about web page design, the page claims to be following
    a standard by use of the doctype definition.
    However as normally happens in these cases it's a lie and a load of
    crap.

    Encoding: iso-8859-1
    Doctype: HTML 4.01 Transitional
    ---------->>>>> Errors: 35

    You can see for yourself
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.nerd411.com/

    Which meta tag description do you mean to use, you have 2

    software installation, virus protectionr, web hosting, web design,

    <snip>

    <snip>

    repair, virus innoculation, software installation, web design and web

    <snip>

    Also a description it not an excuse to add another long list of words.

    At least the CSS validates, but it's that much simpler. Then again you
    are forcing fixed px sizes which should be avoided.

    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...sft.css&warning=1&profile=css2&usermedium=all

    px as a measurement is not equal on most UA's.

    Me
    why?, Nov 21, 2003
  9. Morris Attaway

    Treb Guest

    Looks Like Spam ---

    Smells Like Spam ---

    Walks Like Spam ---

    Good to have you BUT...................

    Better get rid of the SIG............

    Treb

    Treb, Nov 21, 2003
  10. Morris Attaway

    Boomer Guest

    "Morris Attaway" <> wrote in

    > Hello All,
    >
    > My name is Morris Attaway. I just discovered this group today and
    > love it already. A little about myself... I have been destroying
    > (early days) and building computers for 3/4 of my life :D Yep...
    > about 20 years i would say.
    >
    > My expertise is on Microsoft products. If I can help you just let
    > me know. I will try and get back with you as soon as possible. For
    > quick tips... I don't mind. Now I won't sit back and guide you
    > through an elaborate process (that would kill the old day job :D).

    [snip huge sig]

    Hi

    Here are some quick tips you might use:

    http://www.xs4all.nl/~wijnands/nnq/nquote.html
    http://home.sprintmail.com/~dtrout/Usenet101.html

    "Signature Separator Not Usenet Compliant"
    http://www.okinfoweb.com/moe/bugs/bugs_047.htm
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/bugs.htm#sigseparator

    Further information:
    http://www.ohse.de/uwe/rfc/son-of-1036.html#4.3.2
    Or search for RFC 2646
    Section 4.3. Usenet Signature Convention

    And OEQuoteFix

    Enjoy.

    --

    24 hours in a day... 24 beers in a case... 24H... coincidence?
    Boomer, Nov 21, 2003
  11. Morris Attaway

    Bryan Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "Morris Attaway" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Hello All,
    >>
    >> My name is Morris Attaway. I just discovered this group today and
    >> love it already. A little about myself... I have been destroying
    >> (early days) and building computers for 3/4 of my life :D Yep...
    >> about 20 years i would say.
    >>
    >> My expertise is on Microsoft products. If I can help you just let
    >> me know. I will try and get back with you as soon as possible. For
    >> quick tips... I don't mind. Now I won't sit back and guide you
    >> through an elaborate process (that would kill the old day job :D).
    >> [snip huge sig]

    > Hi
    >
    > Here are some quick tips you might use:
    >
    > http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
    > http://www.xs4all.nl/~wijnands/nnq/nquote.html
    > http://home.sprintmail.com/~dtrout/Usenet101.html
    >
    > "Signature Separator Not Usenet Compliant"
    > http://www.okinfoweb.com/moe/bugs/bugs_047.htm
    > http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/bugs.htm#sigseparator
    >
    > Further information:
    > http://www.ohse.de/uwe/rfc/son-of-1036.html#4.3.2
    > Or search for RFC 2646
    > Section 4.3. Usenet Signature Convention
    >
    > And OEQuoteFix
    >
    > Enjoy.

    When you go for it, Ms B, you really "push the boat out", don't you? lol
    :)
    Bryan, Nov 22, 2003
  12. Morris Attaway

    olfart Guest

    snip

    > > Enjoy.

    > When you go for it, Ms B, you really "push the boat out", don't you? lol
    > :)

    after she shoots it full of holes
    olfart, Nov 22, 2003
  13. Morris Attaway

    Boomer Guest

    "Bryan" <> wrote in

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> "Morris Attaway" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Hello All,
    >>>
    >>> My name is Morris Attaway. I just discovered this group today
    >>> and love it already. A little about myself... I have been
    >>> destroying (early days) and building computers for 3/4 of my
    >>> life :D Yep... about 20 years i would say.
    >>>
    >>> My expertise is on Microsoft products. If I can help you just
    >>> let me know. I will try and get back with you as soon as
    >>> possible. For quick tips... I don't mind. Now I won't sit back
    >>> and guide you through an elaborate process (that would kill the
    >>> old day job :D). [snip huge sig]

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Here are some quick tips you might use:
    >>
    >> http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
    >> http://www.xs4all.nl/~wijnands/nnq/nquote.html
    >> http://home.sprintmail.com/~dtrout/Usenet101.html
    >>
    >> "Signature Separator Not Usenet Compliant"
    >> http://www.okinfoweb.com/moe/bugs/bugs_047.htm
    >> http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/bugs.htm#sigseparator
    >>
    >> Further information:
    >> http://www.ohse.de/uwe/rfc/son-of-1036.html#4.3.2
    >> Or search for RFC 2646
    >> Section 4.3. Usenet Signature Convention
    >>
    >> And OEQuoteFix
    >> http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
    >>
    >> Enjoy.

    > When you go for it, Ms B, you really "push the boat out", don't
    > you? lol
    >:)

    Wasn't he sailing anyhow? ;)
    Boomer, Nov 22, 2003
  14. Morris Attaway

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Nov 22, 2003
  15. Morris Attaway

    Greg M Guest

    I need to filter on subj.

    Fix the crappy sig. Thanks.

    Greg M, Nov 22, 2003
  16. Morris Attaway

    Mike Guest

    > My expertise is on Microsoft products. If I can help you just let me know.
    .. ."

    Your enthusiasm is refreshing. You paint with a broad brush. What is your
    "expertise"? database design? writing
    complex macros? getting MS products to work? MS product security?

    Mike

    Mike, Nov 22, 2003