    1. Advertising

  1. Bart van der Wolf

    Douglas Guest

    Douglas, Mar 28, 2005

  2. Bart van der Wolf

    Diane Wilson Guest

    In article <>, says...

    > "Bart van der Wolf" <> wrote in message
    > > http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200404/040405Photoshop.html
    > >
    > > Bart

    > Looks like Adobe pulled that one! Page not found.

    Well, the press release was dated April 4.

    The good news is that it looks like a good release for digital
    photographers.

    The bad news is that I'm temporarily unemployed, so it will
    be a while before I can upgrade. Sigh.

    Diane

    Diane Wilson, Mar 28, 2005
  3. Bart van der Wolf

    [BnH] Guest

    [BnH], Mar 28, 2005
  4. Bart van der Wolf

    Frank ess Guest

    [BnH] wrote:
    > that's odd .. just opened it this morning.
    > I wonder ...
    >
    > =bob=
    >
    > "Douglas" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Bart van der Wolf" <> wrote in message
    >>> http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200404/040405Photoshop.html
    >>>
    >>> Bart

    >> Looks like Adobe pulled that one! Page not found.

    That $149.00 upgrade from any previous version was too good to be true

    Frank ess, Mar 28, 2005
  5. Bart van der Wolf

    paul Guest

    It opened an hour ago for me. Improvements in the RAW converter did not
    include curves, did include update to the file browser & easier
    application of settings to multiple files.

    paul, Mar 28, 2005
  6. Bart van der Wolf

    Markeau Guest

    "Diane Wilson" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> "Bart van der Wolf" <> wrote in message
    >> > http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200404/040405Photoshop.html
    >> >
    >> > Bart

    >> Looks like Adobe pulled that one! Page not found.
    >>

    > Well, the press release was dated April 4.

    Yeah, April 4 2004

    Markeau, Mar 28, 2005
  7. "Bart van der Wolf" <> wrote in message

    http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200404/040405Photosh
    op.html

    > Bart

    ---------

    Bart, that press release is from over a year ago...

    Here is another DATED link that refers to CS2, but neither document is still
    available on Adobe's site as far as I can find out:

    "Adobe press releases
    .... April 06, 2004. Adobe Pushes the Boundaries of Digital
    Photography and Imaging with Debut of Photoshop CS2. ...
    38k / http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/main.html"

    Journalist

    Journalist-North, Mar 28, 2005
  8. Bart van der Wolf

    Wayne Fulton Guest

    Wayne Fulton, Mar 28, 2005
  9. Bart van der Wolf

    Rick Guest

    "Wayne Fulton" <> wrote in message news:42477d12$0$23564$...
    > Google archived it here:
    >
    > http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:ikpkIo53mrMJ:www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pre
    > ssroom/pressreleases/200404/040405Photoshop.html+photoshop+cs2&hl=en

    For the mousically challenged, here ya go:

    For immediate release

    Adobe Pushes the Boundaries of Digital Photography and Imaging with Debut
    of Photoshop CS2

    New Vanishing Point Feature, Dramatic Camera Raw Workflow Enhancements,
    Customizable Menus and Smart Objects Headline Milestone Photoshop Upgrade

    SAN JOSE, Calif. - April 4, 2005 - Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:
    ADBE) today announced Adobe® Photoshop® CS2, a major upgrade to the
    professional industry standard for digital image editing and creation. Available
    as a stand-alone software application or as a key component of Adobe Creative
    Suite® 2, also announced today (see separate press release), Photoshop CS2
    software brings a new level of power, precision and control to the digital
    photography experience and to the overall creative process.

    "Photoshop CS2 pushes the envelope with powerful features and simplified
    workflows that provide photographers and creative professionals the freedom
    to deliver stunning images," said Bryan Lamkin, senior vice president of
    Digital Imaging and Digital Video Products at Adobe. "In light of the four
    million digital SLRs expected to ship this year, more photographers than
    ever will be making Photoshop CS2 their digital darkroom of choice."

    Advanced Tools for Digital Photographers, Graphics and Video Professionals

    Photoshop CS2 integrates a new set of intuitive tools, including an enhanced
    Spot Healing Brush, for handling common photographic problems such as
    blemishes, red-eye, noise, blurring and lens distortion. Smart Objects allow
    users to scale and transform images and vector illustrations without losing
    image quality - as well as create linked duplicates of embedded graphics -
    so that a single edit updates across multiple iterations.

    Responding to requests from film, broadcast and video professionals, Photoshop
    CS2 now allows non-destructive editing and the creation and editing of 32-Bit
    High Dynamic Range (HDR) images, ideal for 3D rendering and advanced
    compositing. FireWire Previews can also be viewed on a television monitor
    through a new direct export feature.

    Photoshop CS2 users will test the limits of creativity with new tools like
    Vanishing Point and Image Warping. Vanishing Point cuts tedious graphic and
    photo retouching tasks by allowing users to clone, paint and transform image
    objects while retaining visual perspective. Reinventing workflows such as
    product packaging development, Image Warping makes it easy to fold,
    stretch, pull, twist and wrap an image into shape by selecting an on-demand
    preset or dragging custom control points.

    Adobe Bridge and New Camera Raw Features Speed Imaging Workflows

    With Photoshop CS2 software, finding and working with digital photos and
    images has never been easier. The popular File Browser has been upgraded
    to Adobe Bridge, which functions as a hub for productivity, imagery and
    creativity, providing multi-view file browsing and smooth cross-product
    integration across Adobe Creative Suite 2 software. Adobe Bridge also
    provides access to Adobe Stock Photos, a new stock photography service
    that offers users one-stop shopping - across five elite stock image
    providers - to deliver high-quality, royalty-free images for layout and
    design (see separate press release).

    The new Camera Raw 3.0 workflow allows settings for multiple raw files
    to be simultaneously modified. In addition batch processing of raw files, to
    JPEG, TIFF, DNG or PSD formats, can now be done in the background
    without launching the main Photoshop executable. Integrated,
    non-destructive cropping and straightening controls allow raw files to be
    easily prepared for final output.

    Simplifying Photoshop's rich interface, task-based menu presets make it
    easier to find the features needed for specific work. Users can create their
    own custom presets, highlighting favorite items and now have the ability to
    define event-based scripts and time-saving operations that execute
    automatically when triggered by actions, such as saving or printing a file.
    Multiple Layer Controls speeds editing, enabling the simultaneous selection
    and manipulation of numerous layers within a file.

    Pricing and Availability

    Adobe Photoshop CS2 for Mac OS X version 10.2.8 through 10.3.8,
    Microsoft® Windows® 2000 with Service Pack 4 or Windows XP with
    Service Pack 1 or 2, will begin shipping in May to customers in the United
    States and Canada, and will be available through Adobe Authorized
    Resellers and the Adobe Store at www.adobe.com/store . International
    versions are expected to begin shipping in late May and early June. Adobe
    Photoshop CS2 will be available for an estimated street price of US$599
    and licensed users of any previous version of Photoshop can upgrade for
    US$149. For more detailed information about new features, upgrade
    policies and pricing, please visit: www.adobe.com/photoshop. Adobe
    Photoshop CS2 is also available as part of Adobe Creative Suite 2.

    About Adobe Systems Incorporated

    Adobe is the world's leading provider of software solutions to create,
    manage and deliver high-impact, reliable digital content. For more
    information, visit www.adobe.com.

    ###

    Rick, Mar 28, 2005
  10. "Journalist-North" <> wrote in
    message news:j1K1e.12406$...

    > "Bart van der Wolf" <> wrote in message
    >>

    > http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200404/040405Photosh
    > op.html

    []
    > Bart, that press release is from over a year ago...

    > Here is another DATED link that refers to CS2, but neither document
    > is still
    > available on Adobe's site as far as I can find out:

    []

    I'm not responsable for Adobe's errors, but they apparently made a
    mistake and pulled the pressrelease. However they were too late,
    Google caught it:

    Bart van der Wolf, Mar 28, 2005
  11. Bart van der Wolf

    Diane Wilson Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > [BnH] wrote:
    > > that's odd .. just opened it this morning.
    > > I wonder ...
    > >
    > > =bob=
    > >
    > > "Douglas" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Bart van der Wolf" <> wrote in message

    > >> Looks like Adobe pulled that one! Page not found.

    > That $149.00 upgrade from any previous version was too good to be true

    That's a typical Adobe upgrade price; they don't gouge as bad on
    upgrades as some vendors do. The last upgrades were a bit more,
    ($169) and that $149 may have been an error that hadn't yet been
    caught in the editing process. Still, they're reasonable
    upgrades.

    Of course, that will not upgrade from Photoshop LE,
    Photoshop Elements, or Photoshop Album.

    FWIW, I've been using a lot of Adobe products for a long time,
    and the press announcement looked legit. And it's time for
    a Photoshop upgrade; they run on an 18-month release cycle.
    Someone in their PR department got over-eager, that's all.

    Diane

    Diane Wilson, Mar 28, 2005
  12. Bart van der Wolf

    John Bean Guest

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:13:21 GMT, Diane Wilson wrote:
    > FWIW, I've been using a lot of Adobe products for a long time,
    > and the press announcement looked legit. And it's time for
    > a Photoshop upgrade; they run on an 18-month release cycle.
    > Someone in their PR department got over-eager, that's all.

    Looks genuine enough to me too. I'm guessing someone simply posted it by
    mistake to the old 200404 press releases directory when they were intending
    it to go to the not-yet-published 200504 directory somewhere on their server
    for internal approval.

    --
    John Bean

    Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows (David T.
    Wolf)

    John Bean, Mar 28, 2005
  13. Bart van der Wolf

    Confused Guest

    In message <>
    "Frank ess" <> wrote:

    > That $149.00 upgrade from any previous version was too good to be true

    They had a $149.00 upgrade to CS from Elements 2 prior to the Elements
    3 release. Maybe they'll have a similar upgrade to CS before the
    formal CS 2 date.

    (I contemplated other costs too long and missed the low price...
    Little things, like switching from laptops to a dual G5 for photo
    editing, plug-ins, sundry programs, and a year or four learning
    curve...)

    Jeff

    Confused, Mar 29, 2005
  14. Bart van der Wolf

    Guest

    In message <>,
    "Frank ess" <> wrote:

    >That $149.00 upgrade from any previous version was too good to be true

    $149 is the *MOST* I have ever paid for an Adobe PS upgrade. 6.0 to 7.0
    was $129.99.
    --

    John P Sheehy <>

    , Apr 1, 2005