    reasons to buy this one?

    Regards,

    Sjoerd
    Sjoerd van der Wal, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Sjoerd van der Wal

    Tom J. Guest

    If you are "looking for quality" thinking about the F828 means you don't
    understand where quality comes from. It's not megapixels but the quality of
    those pixels. A DSLR, 300D or otherwise, blows away consumer camera quality
    because the sensor is larger and the pixels are larger. The quality of the
    electronics surrounding that sensor are better quality as well. Even the
    long discontinued Canon D30 can beat the pants of today's 4-5 MP consumers
    for image quality.

    Considering how noisy existing 5MP consumer cameras have become, the
    likelyhood of 8 MP squeezed onto the same tiny sensor working well are
    minimal. If it's image quality you want, go for a DSLR.

    "Sjoerd van der Wal" <> wrote in message
    > I've added some new photo's to my site. http://home.planet.nl/~wal00552/
    >
    > Until now I've used three different digital camera's. A coolpix 775

    (mine),
    > coolpix 5000 and a coolpix SQ (both not mine). I am looking for some more
    > quality. I've looked at the Canon 300D, but now I'm waiting for the Sony
    > F828. Is there anyone outthere who has bought this camera already
    > (pre-ordered, as I believe it has not been out yet)? What were the

    specific

    Tom J., Nov 14, 2003

  3. "Tom J." <> wrote in

    > If you are "looking for quality" thinking about the F828 means you
    > don't understand where quality comes from.

    Gotta love when folks dismiss a product that hasn't been in the hands of
    reviewers or customers yet. ;-)

    --
    Albert Nurick www.TheDeliciousLife.com
    A guide to the good life
    Albert Nurick, Nov 15, 2003
  4. Sjoerd van der Wal

    Cherokee-LTD Guest

    :
    : Until now I've used three different digital camera's. A coolpix 775
    (mine),
    : coolpix 5000 and a coolpix SQ (both not mine). I am looking for some more
    : quality. I've looked at the Canon 300D, but now I'm waiting for the Sony
    : F828. Is there anyone outthere who has bought this camera already
    : (pre-ordered, as I believe it has not been out yet)? What were the
    specific
    : reasons to buy this one?
    :
    : Regards,
    :
    : Sjoerd

    You have a great eye for the shot. If you can produce shots like that with
    ANY coolpix, you'd be dangerous with a quality DSLR! Look past the F828... I
    don't have an axe to grind with Sony, I'm a happy 717 owner but you deserve
    the quality and flexibility of a DSLR.

    -Brian
    Cherokee-LTD, Nov 16, 2003