    at my website, for anyone who is interested... It's in norwegian though, but
    the language of photos is fairly international, I guess ;)
    URL:http://www.espenmills.com

    EspenM, Jul 9, 2006

  2. EspenM

    Clive Guest

    On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 18:34:33 +0100, EspenM <> wrote:

    > I totally ruined my personal economy last week when I bought the Canon
    > 5D...
    > :-/ Well, anyway, so far I am greatly satisfied! I just put some new
    > photos
    > at my website, for anyone who is interested... It's in norwegian though,
    > but
    > the language of photos is fairly international, I guess ;)
    > URL:http://www.espenmills.com

    Nice pictures. Did you build your own site? What did you use?

    Clive

    Clive, Jul 9, 2006

  3. EspenM

    G.T. Guest

    Clive wrote:
    > On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 18:34:33 +0100, EspenM <> wrote:
    >
    >> I totally ruined my personal economy last week when I bought the
    >> Canon 5D...
    >> :-/ Well, anyway, so far I am greatly satisfied! I just put some new
    >> photos
    >> at my website, for anyone who is interested... It's in norwegian
    >> though, but
    >> the language of photos is fairly international, I guess ;)
    >> URL:http://www.espenmills.com
    >>

    > Nice pictures. Did you build your own site? What did you use?

    I wouldn't know how nice his pictures are since his requires Flash.
    Nothing like limiting one's audience.

    Greg

    --
    "All my time I spent in heaven
    Revelries of dance and wine

    G.T., Jul 9, 2006
  4. EspenM

    EspenM Guest

    "Clive" <> wrote:
    >> I totally ruined my personal economy last week when I bought the Canon
    >> 5D...
    >> :-/ Well, anyway, so far I am greatly satisfied! I just put some new
    >> photos
    >> at my website, for anyone who is interested... It's in norwegian though,
    >> but
    >> the language of photos is fairly international, I guess ;)
    >> URL:http://www.espenmills.com
    >>

    > Nice pictures. Did you build your own site? What did you use?

    Thanks! Yes, I built my own site. The flash part (not the main page, but the
    others) are a function in Photoshop CS and CS2. You
    find it under "File - Automate - Web Photo Gallery". The main page I made in
    Photoshop and Image Ready. I also know a bit of
    html-coding, so I put it all together that way.

    -Espen

    EspenM, Jul 9, 2006
  5. > I wouldn't know how nice his pictures are since his requires Flash.
    > Nothing like limiting one's audience.

    It also requires Javascript, so that limits his audience too. Including me.

    --
    http://www.derekfountain.org/

    Derek Fountain, Jul 10, 2006
  6. EspenM

    Pete D Guest

    "Derek Fountain" <> wrote in message
    >> I wouldn't know how nice his pictures are since his requires Flash.
    >> Nothing like limiting one's audience.

    > It also requires Javascript, so that limits his audience too. Including
    > me.

    Bad luck guys, there is some outstanding shots there.

    Pete D, Jul 10, 2006
  7. EspenM

    DS Guest

    Yes there is some great work there. Keep it up!

    Dave

    DS, Jul 10, 2006
  8. EspenM

    DD Guest

    In article <44b1830e$>, says...
    > Thanks! Yes, I built my own site. The flash part (not the main page, but the
    > others) are a function in Photoshop CS and CS2. You
    > find it under "File - Automate - Web Photo Gallery". The main page I made in
    > Photoshop and Image Ready. I also know a bit of
    > html-coding, so I put it all together that way.

    Some great shots there, particularly in the live music section. What
    camera and lens were you using there?

    --
    http://www.nikongear.com/

    DD, Jul 11, 2006
  9. EspenM

    DD Guest

    In article <44b229e5$0$973$>,
    says...
    > > I wouldn't know how nice his pictures are since his requires Flash.
    > > Nothing like limiting one's audience.

    > It also requires Javascript, so that limits his audience too. Including me.

    How *do* you find your way around the web with Javascript disabled?

    --
    http://www.nikongear.com/

    DD, Jul 11, 2006
  10. On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 07:45:13 +0200, DD <figure.it.out@d_____d____.com> wrote:
    >In article <44b229e5$0$973$>,
    > says...
    >> > I wouldn't know how nice his pictures are since his requires Flash.
    >> > Nothing like limiting one's audience.

    >> It also requires Javascript, so that limits his audience too. Including me.

    >How *do* you find your way around the web with Javascript disabled?

    Quite easily, thankfully JS-only sites are still the minority, and you
    reduce the security and hassle implications of having anonymous scripted
    code running on your machine. JS is not necessary to create web sites,
    that's what HTML/XML/CSS are for, JS et al should be for extra
    functionality if anything.

    I do have JS enabled but heavily restricted in Mozilla on Linux. If I
    used Windows I would seriously consider turning it off completely.

    Frink

    --
    Doctor J. Frink : 'Rampant Ribald Ringtail'
    "No sir, I didn't like it!" - Mr Horse

    Doctor J. Frink, Jul 11, 2006
  11. > How *do* you find your way around the web with Javascript disabled?

    Around 10% of web users don't have Javascript. Websites that rely on it
    loose 1 in 10 of their visitors immediately. I find it somewhat silly
    that people who want to show off their photos rely on Javascript to do
    so. It's completely unnecessary and just demonstrates that their photos
    aren't of good enough quality to be shown without presentation aids.

    To answer your question, I run the NoScript extention to Firefox, which
    allows me to selectively turn on Javascript for sites that a) need it,
    and b) I trust.

    Unfortunately I work in the field of IT security and I'm very much aware
    of what someone with bad intentions can do with Javascript. If the 90%
    of surfers who have Javascript turned on knew what ITSec pros know about
    it's potential for harm, they'd turn it off immediately.

    Still, it keeps the phishers, pharmers, adware writers, spyware writers,
    virus writers, identity thieves, credit card information thieves, etc.,
    all very happy.

    Derek Fountain, Jul 11, 2006
  12. EspenM

    DD Guest

    In article <44b3963b$0$17998$>,
    says...
    > > How *do* you find your way around the web with Javascript disabled?

    > Around 10% of web users don't have Javascript. Websites that rely on it
    > loose 1 in 10 of their visitors immediately. I find it somewhat silly
    > that people who want to show off their photos rely on Javascript to do
    > so. It's completely unnecessary and just demonstrates that their photos
    > aren't of good enough quality to be shown without presentation aids.
    >
    > To answer your question, I run the NoScript extention to Firefox, which
    > allows me to selectively turn on Javascript for sites that a) need it,
    > and b) I trust.
    >
    > Unfortunately I work in the field of IT security and I'm very much aware
    > of what someone with bad intentions can do with Javascript. If the 90%
    > of surfers who have Javascript turned on knew what ITSec pros know about
    > it's potential for harm, they'd turn it off immediately.
    >
    > Still, it keeps the phishers, pharmers, adware writers, spyware writers,
    > virus writers, identity thieves, credit card information thieves, etc.,
    > all very happy.

    All my previous sites have been mostly HTML but I am slowly starting to
    see the benefit of Javascript for things like creating tooltips that
    display EXIF info on mouseover, or for hiding menus so that more of the
    screen is used to display the images, etc.

    I've completed 90% of the new site's navigation and will be adding
    content to the new pages soon. I think what I will obviously have to do
    is create a pointer to the old site for people who don't want to turn
    Javascript on when they visit my site.

    Thanks for the input.

    --
    http://www.nikongear.com/

    DD, Jul 11, 2006
  13. > I think what I will obviously have to do
    > is create a pointer to the old site for people who don't want to turn
    > Javascript on when they visit my site.

    Just create web pages that look OK with or without Javascript turned on.
    You can do your menus and EXIF cleverness with CSS.

    Derek Fountain, Jul 11, 2006
  14. EspenM

    EspenM Guest

    "DD" <figure.it.out@d_____d____.com> wrote:

    > Some great shots there, particularly in the live music section. What
    > camera and lens were you using there?

    Thanks! For all of the shots I've used a Canon 10D. The lenses used are
    mostly Sigma 105mm f:2.8, Canon 50mm f:1.4 and Sigma 10-20mm f:4-5.6. Mostly
    iso 800-1600.

    -Espen

    EspenM, Jul 12, 2006
  15. EspenM

    Mick Harris Guest

    "EspenM" <> wrote in message
    >I totally ruined my personal economy last week when I bought the Canon
    >5D... :-/ Well, anyway, so far I am greatly satisfied! I just put some new
    >photos at my website, for anyone who is interested... It's in norwegian
    >though, but the language of photos is fairly international, I guess ;)
    >URL:http://www.espenmills.com

    Yeah, some excelent work there m8, nice one.
    ATB
    Mick

    Mick Harris, Jul 18, 2006