    major in electrical engineering
    mechanized infantry reservist
    hordad AT otenet DOT gr

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Apr 2, 2010

  2. Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    Vance Guest

    On Apr 2, 11:58 am, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <> wrote:
    > In flickr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/4484935616/
    > I am the third from the right, standing (the one wearing glasses). In the
    > middle, in the bottle green dress uniform, the sergeant responsible for our
    > training. On his right, the corporal. The photo was taken by a pro, on March
    > 1998, in the boot camp of greek infantry in Korinthos. It was scanned with
    > my Lexmark F4270 All-in-one. (we are all wearing dress uniforms).
    >
    > --
    > Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    > major in electrical engineering
    > mechanized infantry reservist
    > hordad AT otenet DOT gr

    Cool. It's nice to have a face to put a name to.

    Vance

    Vance, Apr 2, 2010

  3. Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    Nervous Nick Guest

    On Apr 2, 1:58 pm, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <> wrote:
    > In flickr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/4484935616/
    > I am the third from the right, standing (the one wearing glasses). In the
    > middle, in the bottle green dress uniform, the sergeant responsible for our
    > training. On his right, the corporal. The photo was taken by a pro, on March
    > 1998, in the boot camp of greek infantry in Korinthos. It was scanned with
    > my Lexmark F4270 All-in-one. (we are all wearing dress uniforms).

    Who are the two dudes near the center who are the only ones not
    wearing garrison caps, or "**** caps" (as we call them here)? The one
    man with the blue uniform and the guy on his left? You guys infantry?

    --
    YOP...

    Nervous Nick, Apr 3, 2010
  4. ? "Nervous Nick" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    On Apr 2, 1:58 pm, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <> wrote:
    > In flickr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/4484935616/
    > I am the third from the right, standing (the one wearing glasses). In the
    > middle, in the bottle green dress uniform, the sergeant responsible for
    > our
    > training. On his right, the corporal. The photo was taken by a pro, on
    > March
    > 1998, in the boot camp of greek infantry in Korinthos. It was scanned with
    > my Lexmark F4270 All-in-one. (we are all wearing dress uniforms).

    Who are the two dudes near the center who are the only ones not
    wearing garrison caps, or "**** caps" (as we call them here)? The one
    man with the blue uniform and the guy on his left? You guys infantry?

    <end quote>
    Yes, infantry. The man in blue is the sergeant ( a professional soldier),
    that was in charge of the company (that's the 1st company), and on his left
    is a corporal, an enlistee, that was a trainer.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Apr 3, 2010
  5. ? "rwalker" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:58:27 +0300, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>In flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/4484935616/
    >>I am the third from the right, standing (the one wearing glasses). In the
    >>middle, in the bottle green dress uniform, the sergeant responsible for
    >>our
    >>training. On his right, the corporal. The photo was taken by a pro, on
    >>March
    >>1998, in the boot camp of greek infantry in Korinthos. It was scanned with
    >>my Lexmark F4270 All-in-one. (we are all wearing dress uniforms).

    > Was the fellow in the different uniform in the middle an officer, or
    > did he just show up in the wrong uniform?

    Yes, he is an officer, a sergeant. That's the NATO 8B uniform, used only by
    officers (dress uniform). The dress uniform worn by draftee privates is the
    one everyone else wears, with the garrison cap.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Apr 5, 2010