New photo on flickr....

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tzortzakakis Dimitris, Jul 25, 2010.

  1. Tzortzakakis Dimitris, Jul 25, 2010

  2. Tzortzakakis Dimitris

    DanP Guest

    On Jul 25, 9:04 pm, "Tzortzakakis Dimitris" <> wrote:
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/4828134924/
    > A fortification wall in the leper colony.
    >
    > --
    > Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    > major in electrical engineering
    > mechanized infantry reservist
    > hordad AT otenet DOT gr

    Why did they make a wall? I cannot imagine anyone wanting to get in.

    DanP
    DanP, Jul 27, 2010

  3. ? "DanP" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    On Jul 25, 9:04 pm, "Tzortzakakis Dimitris" <> wrote:
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/4828134924/
    > A fortification wall in the leper colony.
    >
    > --
    > Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    > major in electrical engineering
    > mechanized infantry reservist
    > hordad AT otenet DOT gr

    >Why did they make a wall? I cannot imagine anyone >wanting to get in.

    Obviously, before it was a leper colony, it was a venetian fort. (Crete was
    occupied in medieval times and later, by the Venetians and the Ottomans).
    There is a famous castle in Iraklion, Koules, which is also Venetian.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraklion
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinalonga

    Tzortzakakis Dimitris, Jul 28, 2010