    Landscape
    Shadow Portraits

    http://www.ginini.com/photos/

    Peter Sundstrom, Jul 31, 2004

  2. Great eye, great photos!

    "Peter Sundstrom" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'd be interested in any feedback for a new photo gallery that I've

    started.

    Larry CdeBaca, Jul 31, 2004

  3. Peter Sundstrom

    Frank ess Guest

    Larry CdeBaca wrote:
    > Great eye, great photos!
    >

    > "Peter Sundstrom" <> wrote in message
    >> I'd be interested in any feedback for a new photo gallery that I've
    >> started.
    >>
    >> The categories covered so far are:
    >>
    >> Abstract
    >> Architecture
    >> Monochrome
    >> Flowers/Plants
    >> Landscape
    >> Shadow Portraits
    >>
    >> http://www.ginini.com/photos/

    I agree. Very depressing. Now I have to spend months—months!—studying
    the difference between mine and his.

    Shewt.

    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Jul 31, 2004
  4. I'm sure Peter did not pick up a camera yesterday. I feel the same, Frank. I
    was surfing a photography site yesterday and read a few interesting things.
    Like, a photograph is not necessarily defined by the equipment used to take
    it; not about editing in a chemical darkroom or digital. The bottom line was
    to learn all we can about our cameras, DOF, metering, cropping *in* the
    camera (plan the shot; move around, check out different angles, times of
    day, etc); and study the work of other photographers. BTW, Peter showed us
    his "keepers." Keep your eyes peeled and your camera ready!

    Larry CdeBaca, Jul 31, 2004
  5. Peter Sundstrom

    Dave Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 22:30:20 +1200, "Peter Sundstrom" <>
    somehow managed to impart:

    >I'd be interested in any feedback for a new photo gallery that I've started.
    >
    >The categories covered so far are:
    >
    >Abstract
    >Architecture
    >Monochrome
    >Flowers/Plants
    >Landscape
    >Shadow Portraits
    >
    >http://www.ginini.com/photos/

    Very good - and I do agree with other's comments that you've got an
    eye for what makes a picture. IMHO they're a bit on the small side
    though, large enough to make a photographic statement but too small
    for me to want to save any with a right-click - but maybe that's what
    you want anyway.

    Many photo sites show smallish pictures with the option to buy prints.
    Perhaps I'm daft but I provide larger images and don't mind if people
    save them for personal use.

    best wishes, Dave.

    2000 hi-resolution photos especially Edinburgh &
    Scotland. Also 3D rendered art & altered images.
    * No advertisements * http://www.henniker.org.uk

    Dave, Jul 31, 2004
  6. "Larry CdeBaca" <> wrote in message
    > > > "Peter Sundstrom" <> wrote in message

    > > I agree. Very depressing. Now I have to spend months-months!-studying
    > > the difference between mine and his.
    > >
    > > Shewt.
    > >

    > > Frank ess

    > I'm sure Peter did not pick up a camera yesterday. I feel the same, Frank.

    > was surfing a photography site yesterday and read a few interesting

    things.
    > Like, a photograph is not necessarily defined by the equipment used to

    take
    > it; not about editing in a chemical darkroom or digital. The bottom line

    was
    > to learn all we can about our cameras, DOF, metering, cropping *in* the
    > camera (plan the shot; move around, check out different angles, times of
    > day, etc); and study the work of other photographers. BTW, Peter showed us
    > his "keepers." Keep your eyes peeled and your camera ready!

    I've been interested in photography for about 6 years and have started to
    get a little more serious in the last 2-3 years.

    Certainly if I look back at my earlier work (which at the time I thought was
    pretty good), it looks very basic now. For me, photography is a constant
    learning exercise.

    Peter Sundstrom, Jul 31, 2004
  7. Peter Sundstrom

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Peter Sundstrom wrote:
    > I'd be interested in any feedback for a new photo gallery that I've
    > started.
    >
    > The categories covered so far are:
    >
    > Abstract
    > Architecture
    > Monochrome
    > Flowers/Plants
    > Landscape
    > Shadow Portraits
    >
    > http://www.ginini.com/photos/

    Lovely work - you have an excellent eye for scenics. The colors are
    outstanding - are you mostly achieving that in the camera, or do you
    post-process much?

    What are you using for your web page's gallery software, and can it
    accomodate sales? It's quite nice.

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, Jul 31, 2004
  8. Peter Sundstrom

    kosh Guest

    > I'm sure Peter did not pick up a camera yesterday. I feel the same, Frank.

    > was surfing a photography site yesterday and read a few interesting

    things.
    > Like, a photograph is not necessarily defined by the equipment used to

    take
    > it; not about editing in a chemical darkroom or digital. The bottom line

    was
    > to learn all we can about our cameras, DOF, metering, cropping *in* the
    > camera (plan the shot; move around, check out different angles, times of
    > day, etc); and study the work of other photographers. BTW, Peter showed us
    > his "keepers." Keep your eyes peeled and your camera ready!

    I had a unique experience of selling a camera to my photography lecturer.
    whilst discussing the virtues of various cameras he commented that it was
    not about the equipment, but about the image.

    I replied, " yes it is, but the better you understand how your camera works,
    what it will and won't do, then you are better able to reproduce the image
    from your imagination. Better camera understanding will result in better
    photos!" - I guess this only works with film however..... youc an kinda use
    a bit more trial and error with digi. I actually have to make a concerted
    effort to treat digi like film.... try to get it right the first time and ot
    rely on the first photo to judge the conditions.

    kosh

    kosh, Aug 1, 2004
  9. Peter Sundstrom

    kosh Guest

    > I'm sure Peter did not pick up a camera yesterday. I feel the same, Frank.

    > was surfing a photography site yesterday and read a few interesting

    things.
    > Like, a photograph is not necessarily defined by the equipment used to

    take
    > it; not about editing in a chemical darkroom or digital. The bottom line

    was
    > to learn all we can about our cameras, DOF, metering, cropping *in* the
    > camera (plan the shot; move around, check out different angles, times of
    > day, etc); and study the work of other photographers. BTW, Peter showed us
    > his "keepers." Keep your eyes peeled and your camera ready!
    >

    > "Frank ess" <> wrote in message
    > > Larry CdeBaca wrote:
    > > > Great eye, great photos!
    > > >

    > > > "Peter Sundstrom" <> wrote in message

    > > I agree. Very depressing. Now I have to spend months-months!-studying
    > > the difference between mine and his.
    > >
    > > Shewt.
    > >

    > > Frank ess

    great photos, quite a decent array.

    B&W beehive. has everything a b&w shot needs. Interesting tones and
    textures... a kind of repitition. I would however, have shifted the brick
    wall division. It kind of divides the shot in the middle. Either a few more
    bricks, or more of the other building.

    While there has been a famous Leica shot taken in the shadow self portrait
    style... it never did much for me.... but that's me.

    love the gallery style.. already downloaded the software! :)

    kosh

    kosh, Aug 1, 2004
  10. "Mike Kohary" <> wrote in message
    > Peter Sundstrom wrote:
    > > I'd be interested in any feedback for a new photo gallery that I've
    > > started.
    > >
    > > The categories covered so far are:
    > >
    > > Abstract
    > > Architecture
    > > Monochrome
    > > Flowers/Plants
    > > Landscape
    > > Shadow Portraits
    > >
    > > http://www.ginini.com/photos/

    > Lovely work - you have an excellent eye for scenics. The colors are
    > outstanding - are you mostly achieving that in the camera, or do you
    > post-process much?

    Pretty much all the images are as is, apart from the "cross processed"
    images.

    There's three sources for the images:

    1. Scanned of slide (taken with Canon EOS50) with a Nikon CoolScan.
    2. Canon G3.
    3. Canon 300D
    3.

    > What are you using for your web page's gallery software, and can it
    > accomodate sales? It's quite nice.

    The gallery is powered by Coppermine Photo Gallery (see link at the bottom
    of each of the pages).

    There's quite a few mods available for it, including integrating into
    shopping cart systems.

    Peter Sundstrom, Aug 1, 2004
  11. Peter Sundstrom

    Mike Kohary Guest

    On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 21:48:49 +1200, "Peter Sundstrom" <>
    wrote:
    >"Mike Kohary" <> wrote in message
    >> Peter Sundstrom wrote:
    >> >
    >> > http://www.ginini.com/photos/

    >> Lovely work - you have an excellent eye for scenics. The colors are
    >> outstanding - are you mostly achieving that in the camera, or do you
    >> post-process much?

    >Pretty much all the images are as is, apart from the "cross processed"
    >images.
    >
    >There's three sources for the images:
    >
    >1. Scanned of slide (taken with Canon EOS50) with a Nikon CoolScan.
    >2. Canon G3.
    >3. Canon 300D
    >3.

    Cool, thanks for the info. Your camera history is very similar to
    mine: 35mm SLR, Canon G2, and now a Canon 300D. Ah, progress. ;)

    >> What are you using for your web page's gallery software, and can it
    >> accomodate sales? It's quite nice.

    >The gallery is powered by Coppermine Photo Gallery (see link at the bottom
    >of each of the pages).
    >
    >There's quite a few mods available for it, including integrating into
    >shopping cart systems.

    Thanks, I'm looking over the home site and it looks really terrific.
    Best of luck to you - your photography looks terrific!

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, Aug 2, 2004
  12. Peter Sundstrom

    kosh Guest

    > Cool, thanks for the info. Your camera history is very similar to
    > mine: 35mm SLR, Canon G2, and now a Canon 300D. Ah, progress. ;)

    hmm very familiar... well the last bit.

    Minolta 9000
    Nikon FA
    Leica R-4 but borrowed an m-6 and used that more than the R
    G-2
    Eos 300d

    compacts....

    konica HG
    Olympus XA and A-16 flash
    Konica kd-310z

    also used.... for personal purposes but not owned

    Nikon f-4s
    Nikon f-90 and f-90x
    Canon EOS 100, 10, 50e, 5
    hasselblad c-500
    Mamiya rb67
    Mamiya c330f
    yashica TLR
    Minox B & C
    K1000
    Leica R-4/s
    Leica R-7
    Leica R-8 yes Leica is as good as they say!
    Leica 3f
    Leica 3c
    Leica m-5
    Leica Ur... ok I didn't use it, but they let me hold it after getting out of
    the safe... yes the prototype.. got the photo's to prove it! (leica said no
    to a $30 mil. offer)
    Pentax spotmatic f
    lot'sa compacts and probably more slr's... losing track.
    and have handled pretty much every digi... starting with the Canon ION !
    hand up who remember that one! around 1994?

    the joys of retail photographics!

    kosh

    kosh, Aug 3, 2004