    Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography
    http://www.experimentaldigitalphotography.com
    Personal art site http://www.cosshall.com/
    Wayne J. Cosshall, Apr 9, 2007

  2. Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've been reworking my personal photography and art site and it is ready
    > for comments:
    > http://www.cosshall.com/
    >
    > Any and all comments and criticism welcome. I'll be putting more albums
    > of photography up over the next few days.

    It's a bit cluttered. White lines all over the place. I'd describe it as
    'uncomfortable on the eye.'

    --
    Derek Fountain on the web at http://www.derekfountain.org/
    Derek Fountain, Apr 9, 2007

  3. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Sudee Guest

    Derek Fountain wrote:
    > Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
    >
    >>Hi All,
    >>
    >>I've been reworking my personal photography and art site and it is ready
    >>for comments:
    >>http://www.cosshall.com/
    >>
    >>Any and all comments and criticism welcome. I'll be putting more albums
    >>of photography up over the next few days.

    > It's a bit cluttered. White lines all over the place. I'd describe it as
    > 'uncomfortable on the eye.'

    I kinda like the lines. Maybe they line up well with my astigmatism. What's
    uncomfortable on my eye is the stark white bold text on dark grey on the index
    page. Maybe a non-bold or pale grey text color? The dark blue hover-link color
    on a dark grey background may not be a good idea, either. It's almost like the
    link disappears when my mouse passes over it.

    Overall, a very nice looking site. The photography is very worth looking at.
    You've been bookmarked!

    --
    Sue

    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well
    dance.
    Unknown
    Sudee, Apr 9, 2007
  4. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Guest

    On Apr 9, 9:32 am, "Wayne J. Cosshall" <> wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've been reworking my personal photography and art site and it is ready
    > for comments:http://www.cosshall.com/
    >
    > Any and all comments and criticism welcome. I'll be putting more albums
    > of photography up over the next few days.

    Hi, Wayne - some good stuff there, but I agree that the site looks a
    little busy (I'm known as a minimalist, so just ignore me!). And I'm
    afraid the third-person writing makes me cringe a bit.. If you (or
    whoever it is) talk yourself up *too* much, you know who you might
    turn into... be afraid..

    But keep up the good works..

    (O;
    , Apr 10, 2007
  5. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Poxy Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Apr 9, 9:32 am, "Wayne J. Cosshall" <> wrote:
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > I've been reworking my personal photography and art site and it is ready
    > > for comments:http://www.cosshall.com/
    > >
    > > Any and all comments and criticism welcome. I'll be putting more albums
    > > of photography up over the next few days.

    > Hi, Wayne - some good stuff there, but I agree that the site looks a
    > little busy (I'm known as a minimalist, so just ignore me!). And I'm
    > afraid the third-person writing makes me cringe a bit.. If you (or
    > whoever it is) talk yourself up *too* much, you know who you might
    > turn into... be afraid..

    Yeah, the big text and the third-person hard-sell seems a bit much.

    Also, it could be the lens you are using, but all the pics I looked at in
    the photography section look like they've had a "glow" effect applied to
    them. Not to say there's anything wrong with that - your post-processing
    choices are just as important as what you chose to shoot, but I find it a
    little distracting as it lends a little unreality to the pics.

    That said, great stuff.
    Poxy, Apr 10, 2007
  6. Thanks all for the comments.

    I'll make the front page text smaller. Not sure re the 3rd person. It is
    normal in art circles and it is hard to work out how to spell out my
    experience in the 1st person reasonably. I don't read it as hard sell,
    in fact I tried for understated but the facts.

    Re the lines in the galleries, I rather like then as they do define the
    areas and purposes within the gallery. I may make them a light grey,
    though, so they sit back a bit.

    Cheers,

    Wayne

    Wayne J. Cosshall

    Wayne J. Cosshall, Apr 10, 2007
  7. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Cats Guest

    On Apr 9, 12:32 am, "Wayne J. Cosshall" <> wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've been reworking my personal photography and art site and it is ready
    > for comments:http://www.cosshall.com/
    >
    > Any and all comments and criticism welcome. I'll be putting more albums
    > of photography up over the next few days.

    The dark blue hover colour is bad IMHO, as the link vanishes. The red
    you use on other pages is much, much better as it's visible against
    the black. I find the chat on the home page positively cringy - would
    you talk like that to someone in person? I also found the
    descriptions rather cringy - all that 'ongoing' stuff. How about a
    simply 'last updated on <date>' instead? I would also make the
    'Album: .... a link just as the image above is. As I'm viewing on
    the laptop I can't comment on the photos themselves as it doesn't give
    a fair rendition.
    Cats, Apr 11, 2007
  8. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Rob Guest

    Cats wrote:

    > On Apr 9, 12:32 am, "Wayne J. Cosshall" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi All,
    >>
    >>I've been reworking my personal photography and art site and it is ready
    >>for comments:http://www.cosshall.com/
    >>
    >>Any and all comments and criticism welcome. I'll be putting more albums
    >>of photography up over the next few days.

    > The dark blue hover colour is bad IMHO, as the link vanishes. The red
    > you use on other pages is much, much better as it's visible against
    > the black. I find the chat on the home page positively cringy - would
    > you talk like that to someone in person? I also found the
    > descriptions rather cringy - all that 'ongoing' stuff. How about a
    > simply 'last updated on <date>' instead? I would also make the
    > 'Album: .... a link just as the image above is. As I'm viewing on
    > the laptop I can't comment on the photos themselves as it doesn't give
    > a fair rendition.

    its all a bit sus not much of intrest there
    Rob, Apr 11, 2007