    RichA Guest

    It seems to be the first pro machine that uses SD cards instead. The
    Pentax K7 (semi pro) uses SD as well.
    RichA, Mar 13, 2010

  2. RichA

    ray Guest

    On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 18:59:33 -0800, RichA wrote:

    > It seems to be the first pro machine that uses SD cards instead. The
    > Pentax K7 (semi pro) uses SD as well.

    Really - I'd have thought they'd have gone to SDHC!
    ray, Mar 13, 2010

  3. RichA

    John A. Guest

    On 13 Mar 2010 03:24:50 GMT, ray <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 18:59:33 -0800, RichA wrote:
    >
    >> It seems to be the first pro machine that uses SD cards instead. The
    >> Pentax K7 (semi pro) uses SD as well.

    >Really - I'd have thought they'd have gone to SDHC!

    LOL

    They do. In fact they even had firmware updates that added SDHC
    support to the old *ist cameras.
    John A., Mar 13, 2010
  4. RichA

    Nomen Nescio Guest

    "RichA" <> wrote in message
    > It seems to be the first pro machine that uses SD cards instead. The
    > Pentax K7 (semi pro) uses SD as well.

    The Canon 1D mk.4, Canon 1DS mk.3 take SD/SDHC and CF both.
    Nomen Nescio, Mar 13, 2010
  5. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Mar 12, 11:09 pm, "Nomen Nescio" <>
    wrote:
    > "RichA" <> wrote in message

    > > It seems to be the first pro machine that uses SD cards instead.  The
    > > Pentax K7 (semi pro) uses SD as well.

    > The Canon 1D mk.4, Canon 1DS mk.3 take SD/SDHC and CF both.

    So does the D300s. I meant exclusive use.
    RichA, Mar 13, 2010
  6. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 21:12:07 -0800 (PST), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >On Mar 12, 11:09 pm, "Nomen Nescio" <>
    >wrote:
    >> "RichA" <> wrote in message

    >> > It seems to be the first pro machine that uses SD cards instead.  The
    >> > Pentax K7 (semi pro) uses SD as well.

    >> The Canon 1D mk.4, Canon 1DS mk.3 take SD/SDHC and CF both.

    >So does the D300s. I meant exclusive use.

    The 645D appears to accept SDHC but not SDXC cards. I expect that
    omission will be cured very soon.
    Bruce, Mar 13, 2010
  7. RichA

    Nomen Nescio Guest

    wrote:

    > > It seems to be the first pro machine that uses SD cards instead. The
    > > Pentax K7 (semi pro) uses SD as well.

    Pentax Rep told me when they brought out the * ist DS they went to SD cards
    for several reasons;

    space requirements, SD bays take up a lot less space.

    CF pins, they would never have to do a warranty claim for bent pins with the
    SD card. I have seen a few bent pins in other CF cameras. Yes it takes a
    certainly amount of skill to insert a CF and bend pins, yet people do it.
    Nomen Nescio, Mar 13, 2010
  8. RichA

    Paul Furman Guest

    C J Campbell wrote:
    > Nomen Nesciosaid:
    >> RichA wrote

    >> Pentax Rep told me when they brought out the * ist DS they went to SD
    >> cards for several reasons;
    >>
    >> space requirements, SD bays take up a lot less space.
    >>
    >> CF pins, they would never have to do a warranty claim for bent pins
    >> with the
    >> SD card. I have seen a few bent pins in other CF cameras. Yes it takes a
    >> certainly amount of skill to insert a CF and bend pins, yet people do it.

    > Hey! I have never needed any skill at all to bend pins.

    I bent the pins in my old CF card reader eventually.
    Paul Furman, Mar 15, 2010
  9. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 22:48:08 -0700, Paul Furman <>
    wrote:
    >C J Campbell wrote:
    >> Nomen Nesciosaid:
    >>> RichA wrote

    >>> Pentax Rep told me when they brought out the * ist DS they went to SD
    >>> cards for several reasons;
    >>>
    >>> space requirements, SD bays take up a lot less space.
    >>>
    >>> CF pins, they would never have to do a warranty claim for bent pins
    >>> with the
    >>> SD card. I have seen a few bent pins in other CF cameras. Yes it takes a
    >>> certainly amount of skill to insert a CF and bend pins, yet people do it.

    >> Hey! I have never needed any skill at all to bend pins.

    >I bent the pins in my old CF card reader eventually.

    It only takes a little piece of dirt in one of the slots.
    Bruce, Mar 15, 2010