new pc, what do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by kwijlebabulus, Jul 13, 2004.

  1. hello

    I want to build a new pc.
    I buy the components myself and put them together

    This is what i tought might be a good combination:

    CPU: PIV 3000
    Mainboard: AsusP4 5800D
    Memory 512mb DDR PC3200
    Grafics Aopen geforce FX5200 128MB
    Tower Aopen H500 300W silten run

    Someone has experience with this?
    What would you change?

    And some queqtions i hve:
    Memory: crosshair or DDR ram?
    Grafics: radeon or geforce (for occasionel playing!!) mostly for
    pictures and acad use

    It would be nice to hear /read your opinions bout this combination

    Tia

    kwijlebabulus
    kwijlebabulus, Jul 13, 2004

  2. kwijlebabulus

    Stuart Guest

    kwijlebabulus wrote:

    > hello
    >
    > I want to build a new pc.
    > I buy the components myself and put them together
    >
    > This is what i tought might be a good combination:
    >
    > CPU: PIV 3000

    What about an Athlon, there is nothing wrong with them plus they are
    cheaper.

    > Mainboard: AsusP4 5800D

    Mobo compatible with AMD.

    > Memory 512mb DDR PC3200
    > Grafics Aopen geforce FX5200 128MB
    > Tower Aopen H500 300W silten run
    >

    > Someone has experience with this?
    > What would you change?
    >
    > And some queqtions i hve:
    > Memory: crosshair or DDR ram?

    Don't you mean Corsair, which is a brand of DDR Ram anyway.

    > Grafics: radeon or geforce (for occasionel playing!!) mostly for
    > pictures and acad use

    This all depends on your budget and whether you want tv output and that
    sort of stuff.

    Stuart

    Stuart, Jul 27, 2004

  3. > This:

    > CPU: Dual HT Xeons, 2.8GHz 533MHz FSB
    > Mainboard: Intel SE7505VB2
    > Memory 2GB Registered ECC DDR
    > Grafics ATI 9800XT 256MB GDDR3 900MHz RAMDAC
    > Tower Chieftech full tower W/450W PS
    >
    > Post your hard disk plan. I'll rag that too.

    I don't suppose you'd buy me a setup like that? :)
    Black Baptist, Aug 31, 2004
  4. Black Baptist, the slow-witted, ragged fuckster, and maker of polish for
    shoes, exhausted:

    >> This:
    >>
    >> CPU: Dual HT Xeons, 2.8GHz 533MHz FSB
    >> Mainboard: Intel SE7505VB2
    >> Memory 2GB Registered ECC DDR
    >> Grafics ATI 9800XT 256MB GDDR3 900MHz RAMDAC
    >> Tower Chieftech full tower W/450W PS
    >>
    >> Post your hard disk plan. I'll rag that too.

    > I don't suppose you'd buy me a setup like that? :)

    **** me dead, you're at it again. That post is so old, I have no idea when
    it made.

    --
    You moldering, two-party, oversized toad.
    Wat ben jij een afgetakelde transatlantische klapk, Aug 31, 2004
  5. Wat ben jij een afgetakelde transatlantische klapkut. rambled on in
    alt.os.windows-xp:

    > Black Baptist, the slow-witted, ragged fuckster, and maker of polish for
    > shoes, exhausted:
    >
    >>> This:
    >>>
    >>> CPU: Dual HT Xeons, 2.8GHz 533MHz FSB
    >>> Mainboard: Intel SE7505VB2
    >>> Memory 2GB Registered ECC DDR
    >>> Grafics ATI 9800XT 256MB GDDR3 900MHz RAMDAC
    >>> Tower Chieftech full tower W/450W PS
    >>>
    >>> Post your hard disk plan. I'll rag that too.

    >> I don't suppose you'd buy me a setup like that? :)

    > **** me dead, you're at it again. That post is so old, I have no idea when
    > it made.

    have no idea when
    it made? You're english is messed up too.
    Black Baptist, Sep 1, 2004
  6. Wat ben jij een afgetakelde transatlantische klapkut. rambled on in
    alt.os.windows-xp:

    > Black Baptist, the slow-witted, ragged fuckster, and maker of polish for
    > shoes, exhausted:
    >
    >>> This:
    >>>
    >>> CPU: Dual HT Xeons, 2.8GHz 533MHz FSB
    >>> Mainboard: Intel SE7505VB2
    >>> Memory 2GB Registered ECC DDR
    >>> Grafics ATI 9800XT 256MB GDDR3 900MHz RAMDAC
    >>> Tower Chieftech full tower W/450W PS
    >>>
    >>> Post your hard disk plan. I'll rag that too.

    >> I don't suppose you'd buy me a setup like that? :)

    > **** me dead, you're at it again. That post is so old, I have no idea when
    > it made.

    By the way tard the original was posted Aug 29th according to my news server.
    Black Baptist, Sep 1, 2004
  7. Oh yea one more thing it's my keyboard and time and I'll post to whatever
    whenever I wish. I defy you to stop me! LOL
    Black Baptist, Sep 1, 2004
  8. kwijlebabulus

    JK Guest

    Black Baptist wrote:

    > > This:
    > >
    > > CPU: Dual HT Xeons, 2.8GHz 533MHz FSB

    Why not use dual Opterons instead?

    JK, Sep 1, 2004
  9. kwijlebabulus

    relic Guest

    relic, Sep 1, 2004
  10. Black Baptist, the blasphemous, butterfingered dwarf, and brewer and seller
    of beer without a license, groused:

    > Wat ben jij een afgetakelde transatlantische klapkut. rambled on in
    > alt.os.windows-xp:
    >
    >> Black Baptist, the slow-witted, ragged fuckster, and maker of polish
    >> for shoes, exhausted:

    >>> I don't suppose you'd buy me a setup like that? :)

    >> **** me dead, you're at it again. That post is so old, I have no
    >> idea when it made.
    >>

    > By the way tard

    IKYABWAI

    > the original was posted Aug 29th according to my news
    > server.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=Tk87uKeWMlPu5250B058YsjCc01l0AwH@alt.
    sex.fetish.britney-spears&output=gplain

    Date: Tue, 13 Jul 04 07:12:09 GMT

    --
    You gurgling, phlegmatical, ill-bred clown.
    Gogik the fink-frizzler, Sep 1, 2004
  11. Gogik the fink-frizzler rambled on in alt.os.windows-xp:

    > Date: Tue, 13 Jul 04 07:12:09 GMT

    That's old? I thought you ment like it was 2 years old dough head!
    Black Baptist, Sep 8, 2004