    to help me out I would also like some opinions about the different settings I
    should set such as virtual memory, graphic accelerater, etc. Let me thank you
    in advance for any help you offer.

    =?Utf-8?B?M0tJTkdT?=, Jul 10, 2007

  2. This really isn't the right newsgroup for you - this is the newsgroup for
    discussing issues around 64-bit computing. However, that being said - XP Pro
    is fine for you. It will do everything that XP Home will do, and more. Most
    of the differences are nothing you will notice, so don't even worry about
    it.

    To find out what its capabilities are, click Start, All-Programs,
    Accessories, System Tools, System Information.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 10, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?M0tJTkdT?=

    PvdG42 Guest

    "3KINGS" <> wrote in message
    >I just bought a pc from an estate sale. The only thing I know is that it
    >has
    > Windows XP Pro installed. My current pc is running Win XP Home. What are
    > the
    > important differences I need to know between "home" and "pro"? Also, how
    > do I
    > find out what video card it has, memory, sound card, processor speed, and
    > frontside bus speed (basically, how powerful is it)? If you are so
    > inclined
    > to help me out I would also like some opinions about the different
    > settings I
    > should set such as virtual memory, graphic accelerater, etc. Let me thank
    > you
    > in advance for any help you offer.

    1. Use Device Manager.

    2. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

    PvdG42, Jul 10, 2007
  4. Charlie,
    My bad. What newsgroup should I pose the question to? Also, thanks for the
    info - I didn't realize it was that easy.

    =?Utf-8?B?M0tJTkdT?=, Jul 10, 2007
  5. Thanks for the help. I'm always leary about downloaded software though. Can
    you recommend a well know website that has reviewed the software and
    approves. No offense but now-a-days you can't take any chances.

    =?Utf-8?B?M0tJTkdT?=, Jul 10, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?M0tJTkdT?=

    PvdG42 Guest

    "3KINGS" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the help. I'm always leary about downloaded software though.
    > Can
    > you recommend a well know website that has reviewed the software and
    > approves. No offense but now-a-days you can't take any chances.

    A quick search through Google Groups should provide all the assurance you
    need.

    PvdG42, Jul 10, 2007
  7. microsoft.public.windowsxp.general looks like a good place to start. Or
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware, or even
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64