    etc.

    Knoppix would go some of the way.

    Wozza

    Wozzza, May 20, 2005

  2. Wozzza

    Parko Guest

    Wozzza wrote:

    > Knoppix would go some of the way.

    And Bart's PE would help too. But I think you'll find Knoppix 3.8 has most
    of what you need anyway.
    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345

    Parko, May 20, 2005

  3. Wozzza

    Guest

    PC Check comes on a bootable floppy (with loopback plugs, test CD +
    DVD) and tests all hardware without using the OS. Available from

    http://www.eurosoft-uk.com/pc_check.htm

    Its very thorough, but fairly expensive although you could justify the
    cost if you are serious about building new PC's. You may be able to get
    a copy of just the floppy (without the accesories) which can test
    motherboard, memory, speaker, keyboard, mouse etc.

    , May 20, 2005
  4. Wozzza

    Plato Guest

    Wozzza wrote:

    > Is there software (as a CD ROM maybe) that tests:

    Unnecessary. If the windows install goes good and the driver installs go
    ok you're pretty much set. You can test the usb easily with a usb mouse,
    test the floppy with a disk, and if you want, install a burning program
    to test the burner.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, May 21, 2005
  5. Wozzza

    Wozzza Guest

    Plato wrote:

    > Wozzza wrote:
    >>
    >> Is there software (as a CD ROM maybe) that tests:

    > Unnecessary. If the windows install goes good and the driver installs go
    > ok you're pretty much set. You can test the usb easily with a usb mouse,
    > test the floppy with a disk, and if you want, install a burning program
    > to test the burner.

    I'll be selling most of these without an OS. I've tried installing a small
    linux distro (ubuntu), testing, and deleting the partition it but all this
    seems to be taking too long.

    What do suburban PC shops do?

    Wozzza, May 21, 2005
  6. "Wozzza" <> wrote in message
    > Plato wrote:
    >
    > > Wozzza wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Is there software (as a CD ROM maybe) that tests:

    > > Unnecessary. If the windows install goes good and the driver installs go
    > > ok you're pretty much set. You can test the usb easily with a usb mouse,
    > > test the floppy with a disk, and if you want, install a burning program
    > > to test the burner.

    > I'll be selling most of these without an OS. I've tried installing a small
    > linux distro (ubuntu), testing, and deleting the partition it but all this
    > seems to be taking too long.
    >
    > What do suburban PC shops do?

    install windows then tell them that it is installed for testing purposes,
    and if they are going to keep it installed then they should register
    windows and pay for the licence to register it.

    http://freespace.virgin.net/bigun.littleun/, May 21, 2005
  7. Wozzza

    Plato Guest

    Wozzza wrote:

    > >> Is there software (as a CD ROM maybe) that tests:

    > > Unnecessary. If the windows install goes good and the driver installs go
    > > ok you're pretty much set. You can test the usb easily with a usb mouse,
    > > test the floppy with a disk, and if you want, install a burning program
    > > to test the burner.

    > I'll be selling most of these without an OS. I've tried installing a small
    > linux distro (ubuntu), testing, and deleting the partition it but all this
    > seems to be taking too long.
    >
    > What do suburban PC shops do?

    As you know when designing a system, it takes some experience/time to
    get the right menu of parts that you know will work together with no
    problems. Once you have that done and have tested a unit, then it's
    pretty much safe to assume that additional units with the same parts
    will work just as well.

    Plato, May 22, 2005