    What's the easiest way of sorting this?

    TIA

    Tim
    Tim Downie, Nov 30, 2004

  2. Tim Downie

    Richard Guest

    Tim Downie wrote:

    > I recently bought a new Medion PC and when I went to click on an e-mail
    > link on a web page things went rather bananas.

    > Instead of openning up OE (my default e-mail client) it started openning
    > multple blank IE windows.

    > When I did eventually manage to stop it, it said that my email program
    > wasn't properly installed.

    > Under IE Tools/internet options/programs, the only email program that
    > appears is Outlook. (which isn't selected, it's only in the pulldown
    > menu). If I open OE and make it my default and go back to tools/options
    > etc. it still doesn't appear.

    > What's the easiest way of sorting this?

    > TIA

    > Tim

    C:\program files\internet explorer\setup.exe

    Run the setup program and reinstall.
    Richard, Nov 30, 2004

  3. Tim Downie

    Tim Downie Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > Tim Downie wrote:

    >> What's the easiest way of sorting this?

    >> TIA

    >> Tim

    > C:\program files\internet explorer\setup.exe
    >
    > Run the setup program and reinstall.

    No such file on my PC. (WIn XP Home with SP2 pre-installed)

    Tim
    Tim Downie, Nov 30, 2004
  4. Tim Downie

    Richard Guest

    Tim Downie wrote:

    > Richard wrote:
    >> Tim Downie wrote:

    >>> What's the easiest way of sorting this?

    >>> TIA

    >>> Tim

    >> C:\program files\internet explorer\setup.exe
    >>
    >> Run the setup program and reinstall.

    > No such file on my PC. (WIn XP Home with SP2 pre-installed)

    > Tim

    Then get one from the windows update site.
    At least that way you'd have the latest version.
    And one seperate from anything else.
    Richard, Nov 30, 2004
  5. Tim Downie

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:24:23 -0600, in
    <>
    Richard scrawled:

    > Tim Downie wrote:
    >
    > > Richard wrote:

    > >> C:\program files\internet explorer\setup.exe
    > >>
    > >> Run the setup program and reinstall.

    > > No such file on my PC. (WIn XP Home with SP2 pre-installed)

    > > Tim

    >Then get one from the windows update site.
    >At least that way you'd have the latest version.
    >And one seperate from anything else.

    Oh, for pity's sake, Bullis...STFU!

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 30, 2004
  6. Tim Downie

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:04:12 -0000, in
    <>
    Tim Downie scrawled:

    >Richard wrote:
    >> Tim Downie wrote:

    >>> What's the easiest way of sorting this?

    >>> TIA

    >>> Tim

    >> C:\program files\internet explorer\setup.exe
    >>
    >> Run the setup program and reinstall.

    >No such file on my PC. (WIn XP Home with SP2 pre-installed)

    I suggest that you ignore ALL "advice" from Richard the St00pid.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 30, 2004
  7. Tim Downie

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:31:45 -0000, in
    <>
    Tim Downie scrawled:

    >I recently bought a new Medion PC and when I went to click on an e-mail link
    >on a web page things went rather bananas.
    >
    >Instead of openning up OE (my default e-mail client) it started openning
    >multple blank IE windows.
    >
    >When I did eventually manage to stop it, it said that my email program
    >wasn't properly installed.
    >
    >Under IE Tools/internet options/programs, the only email program that
    >appears is Outlook. (which isn't selected, it's only in the pulldown menu).
    >If I open OE and make it my default and go back to tools/options etc. it
    >still doesn't appear.
    >
    >What's the easiest way of sorting this?
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >Tim

    Type the following into the Start / Run box:

    "c:\program files\outlook express\msimn.exe" /reg

    This assumes the path to your OE file is as shown.
    If it isn't, adjust it accordingly.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 30, 2004
  8. Tim Downie

    Tim Downie Guest

    °Mike° wrote:
    > On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:31:45 -0000, in
    > <>
    > Tim Downie scrawled:

    <snip>

    >> What's the easiest way of sorting this?
    >>
    >> Tim

    > Type the following into the Start / Run box:
    >
    > "c:\program files\outlook express\msimn.exe" /reg

    Cool! That was neat. All sorted now.

    Many thanks.

    Tim
    Tim Downie, Nov 30, 2004
  9. Tim Downie

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:54:47 -0000, in
    <>
    Tim Downie scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:

    <snip>

    >> Type the following into the Start / Run box:
    >>
    >> "c:\program files\outlook express\msimn.exe" /reg

    >Cool! That was neat. All sorted now.
    >
    >Many thanks.
    >
    >Tim

    You're welcome.