    probably wont handle adsl2+. So need to upgrade. Any tips on what a
    good wireless router for approx $150-$200 range? I hear Belkin make
    the best ones these days?

    Bobs, Aug 8, 2008

  2. Bobs

    Alan Guest

    Re: New orcon adsl2+ plan. It's good. What's a good wireless adsl2+ router?

    "Bobs" <> wrote in message
    > Orcon has upgraded my exchange to adsl2+ so I plan to make use of
    > it.
    > Current plan is $50 for 15 gb on orcon plus I'm paying Telescum
    > 40-odd
    > a month for a phone. That's nearly $100 for the whole thing. With
    > Orcon I can get adsl2+ speeds and a 30 gig data cap plus phoneline
    > for
    > $99 ($79 silver plan plus an $20 for 25 gigs and then $1 per gb).
    > Twice the data, increased speed, and no telescum. Win-win. Plus
    > Orcon
    > offered me two free hoyts/village movies every month for the year.
    > And no contract.
    >
    > Only thing is my current router is a crappy siemens adsl router that
    > probably wont handle adsl2+. So need to upgrade. Any tips on what a
    > good wireless router for approx $150-$200 range? I hear Belkin make
    > the best ones these days?

    Hi,

    Where did you get the movie pass offer from??

    I was about to join Orcon anyway, so if I can get that too it'll be a
    bonus!

    Thanks,

    --

    Alan.

    else associated with me.

    My current valid email address is:

    email address.

    ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

    Alan, Aug 8, 2008

  3. Bobs

    Chris Lim Guest

    On Aug 8, 6:15 pm, "Alan" <> wrote:
    > "Bobs" <> wrote in message

    > > Orcon has upgraded my exchange to adsl2+ so I plan to make use of
    > > it.
    > > Current plan is $50 for 15 gb on orcon plus I'm paying Telescum
    > > 40-odd
    > > a month for a phone. That's nearly $100 for the whole thing. With
    > > Orcon I can get adsl2+ speeds and a 30 gig data cap plus phoneline
    > > for
    > > $99 ($79 silver plan plus an $20 for 25 gigs and then $1 per gb).
    > > Twice the data, increased speed, and no telescum. Win-win. Plus
    > > Orcon
    > > offered me two free  hoyts/village movies every month for the year.
    > > And no contract.

    > > Only thing is my current router is a crappy siemens adsl router that
    > > probably wont handle adsl2+. So need to upgrade. Any tips on what a
    > > good wireless router for approx $150-$200 range? I hear Belkin make
    > > the best ones these days?

    > Hi,
    >
    > Where did you get the movie pass offer from??
    >
    > I was about to join Orcon anyway, so if I can get that too it'll be a
    > bonus!

    I don't think they advertise it, they just send one to you when you
    join up.

    Chris Lim, Aug 8, 2008
  4. Bobs

    Chris Lim Guest

    On Aug 8, 2:27 pm, Bobs <> wrote:
    > Orcon has upgraded my exchange to adsl2+ so I plan to make use of it.
    > Current plan is $50 for 15 gb on orcon plus I'm paying Telescum 40-odd
    > a month for a phone. That's nearly $100 for the whole thing. With
    > Orcon I can get adsl2+ speeds and a 30 gig data cap plus phoneline for
    > $99 ($79 silver plan plus an $20 for 25 gigs and then $1 per gb).
    > Twice the data, increased speed, and no telescum. Win-win. Plus Orcon
    > offered me two free  hoyts/village movies every month for the year.
    > And no contract.

    I've been on their new plans for a few months now, and most of the
    time it's great. Just every now and again though the network seems to
    get bogged down and speeds drop dramatically. Tonight has been worse
    than ever though - I just did a speed test and I got 111kbps (down
    from about 6mbps). Interestingly my current upload speed is unaffected
    (700kbps). Weird.

    Chris Lim, Aug 8, 2008
  5. Bobs

    Bobs Guest

    On Aug 8, 2:27 pm, Bobs <> wrote:
    > Orcon has upgraded my exchange to adsl2+ so I plan to make use of it.
    > Current plan is $50 for 15 gb on orcon plus I'm paying Telescum 40-odd
    > a month for a phone. That's nearly $100 for the whole thing. With
    > Orcon I can get adsl2+ speeds and a 30 gig data cap plus phoneline for
    > $99 ($79 silver plan plus an $20 for 25 gigs and then $1 per gb).
    > Twice the data, increased speed, and no telescum. Win-win. Plus Orcon
    > offered me two free  hoyts/village movies every month for the year.
    > And no contract.
    >
    > Only thing is my current router is a crappy siemens adsl router that
    > probably wont handle adsl2+. So need to upgrade. Any tips on what a
    > good wireless router for approx $150-$200 range? I hear Belkin make
    > the best ones these days?

    Actually found out my router does support ADSL2+. Surprising
    considering the age of it. Lucky I checked.

    Now I can spend the money on a new case. Current one is a piece of
    shit.

    Bobs, Aug 12, 2008