New offers

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Stepman, Sep 25, 2005.

  1. Stepman

    Stepman Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Stepman

    DMac Guest

    "Stepman" <> wrote in message

    > http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,176-1795980,00.html

    Some context may help:

    BT slashes prices to take on internet phone rivals
    Paul Durman

    FACED with a rising challenge from internet telephony, BT will
    this week slash the prices it charges on its own online offering in a bid to
    undercut Skype, the fast-growing London-based firm that has just been bought
    by Ebay.

    DMac, Sep 25, 2005

  3. Stepman

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "DMac" <> wrote in message
    > "Stepman" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,176-1795980,00.html

    > Some context may help:
    >
    > BT slashes prices to take on internet phone
    > rivals Paul Durman
    >

    > FACED with a rising challenge from internet
    > telephony, BT will this week slash the prices it charges
    > on its own online offering in a bid to undercut Skype,
    > the fast-growing London-based firm that has just been
    > bought by Ebay.

    They'll have to slash them a lot more than that before I use them.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 25, 2005
  4. Stepman

    Sean Guest

    Sean, Sep 25, 2005
  5. Re: New offers - BT Communicator price cut ?

    On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 08:42:45 GMT, "DMac" <> wrote:

    >Some context may help:

    strange how we get either a URL or a verbatim posting of an article
    with no URL, seldom anything in between.

    The Times article refers to "BT Communicator" which is presumably a
    "shout at your PC" application, in the style of Hype or Shyte or
    whatever its called.

    "For customers using Communicator, BT’s own VoIP product, the firm
    will charge only 0.5p a minute to make calls to 27 countries,
    including the US and major European nations."

    Phil

    No more cable clowns :))

    Phil Thompson, Sep 25, 2005
  6. Stepman

    Guest

    On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 08:42:45 GMT, "DMac" <> wrote:

    >"Stepman" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,176-1795980,00.html

    >Some context may help:
    >
    > BT slashes prices to take on internet phone rivals
    > Paul Durman
    >

    > FACED with a rising challenge from internet telephony, BT will
    >this week slash the prices it charges on its own online offering in a bid to
    >undercut Skype, the fast-growing London-based firm that has just been bought
    >by Ebay.

    This is a very interesting development indeed and I must say not
    unexpected but 'Dixons, Currys and PC World' means it is a no no for
    most of us. However we must rejoice that VoIP is starting to take off
    with the main teleco in the UK and hopefully it will progress now to a
    point where some arrangement is made for phoning mobiles.
    pete

    , Sep 25, 2005
  7. Stepman

    Guest

    On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 09:55:01 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"DMac" <> wrote in message
    >> "Stepman" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,176-1795980,00.html

    >> Some context may help:
    >>
    >> BT slashes prices to take on internet phone
    >> rivals Paul Durman
    >>

    >> FACED with a rising challenge from internet
    >> telephony, BT will this week slash the prices it charges
    >> on its own online offering in a bid to undercut Skype,
    >> the fast-growing London-based firm that has just been
    >> bought by Ebay.

    >They'll have to slash them a lot more than that before I use them.

    Yes same here. I want my telephone to be included as part of my £30 pm
    BB package before I say goodbye to voipbuster. The trouble is much of
    the public will be sold on the idea as they have no idea what VoIP is
    and Dixons,PC World etc will be pushing the stuff they have with
    extended warranties etc and the uninitiated will flock to buy it. I
    suppose BT will now buy up voipbuster just to rub it in:-(
    pete

    , Sep 25, 2005
  8. Stepman

    Sunil Sood Guest

    "Phil Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > The Times article refers to "BT Communicator" which is presumably a
    > "shout at your PC" application, in the style of Hype or Shyte or
    > whatever its called.
    >
    > "For customers using Communicator, BT's own VoIP product, the firm
    > will charge only 0.5p a minute to make calls to 27 countries,
    > including the US and major European nations."

    These changes to BT Communicator are not "new" - as the article suggests - I
    posted about them and some other changes to BT Communicator at the beginning
    of the month (<>)

    Regards
    Sunil

    Sunil Sood, Sep 25, 2005