    Please can someone give me information on how to tackle
    these problems.

    Thank you.
    Ezeh Ikechukwu, Sep 18, 2003

  2. Ezeh Ikechukwu

    Marko Guest

    Group Policy? It does sound like policies have been
    changed for domain users and / or domain workstations. I
    take it the server/s is/are not affected?

    If all else fails, surely you have one workstation that
    you can restore from a recent backup and logon locally to
    test all is normal? Then, log into the network, and see
    if this causes these changes to occur again?

    Personally, I can see this problem keeping you busy for
    sometime yet.
    Marko, Sep 18, 2003

  3. gpresult on an affected machine. look for a new gpo but check all mentioned.

    Nettransplant, Sep 18, 2003
  4. It sounds like you are infected with the Blaster varient Welchia, it kills
    the RPC service on some machines, look in the %systemroot%/system32/WINS and
    see if these two files are there, DLLHOST.exe and SVCHOST. If they are there
    you are infected, download the tool from www.sarc.com it clean them. And
    make sure all your machines are patched with the latest fixes from MS.

    HTH,

    --
    Jeffrey W. Roach
    MCSE, MCSA, CNA, Network+, A+