    New Zealand in terms of raw computing power ... Double Helix runs the open
    source Rocks Cluster Linux distribution"
    http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php?id=242667694&eid=-219

    Peter, Nov 24, 2004

  2. Peter wrote:
    > "Massey University took delivery last week of its new Double Helix cluster
    > computer ... the new cluster probably beats anything currently available in
    > New Zealand in terms of raw computing power ... Double Helix runs the open
    > source Rocks Cluster Linux distribution"
    > http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php?id=242667694&eid=-219

    I wonder how it goes with HL2?
    even with software/CPU based graphics, it should fly and look good.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 24, 2004

  3. Peter

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:16:52 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >Peter wrote:
    >> "Massey University took delivery last week of its new Double Helix cluster
    >> computer ... the new cluster probably beats anything currently available in
    >> New Zealand in terms of raw computing power ... Double Helix runs the open
    >> source Rocks Cluster Linux distribution"
    >> http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php?id=242667694&eid=-219

    >I wonder how it goes with HL2?
    >even with software/CPU based graphics, it should fly and look good.

    If they aren't crunching SETI on it then somethings wrong....

    --
    BOINC SETI

    DoggNZ, Nov 24, 2004
  4. Peter

    Worm Guest

    > I wonder how it goes with HL2?
    > even with software/CPU based graphics, it should fly and look good.

    Well surely that's why they bought it... :p

    Worm

    Worm, Nov 24, 2004
  5. Worm wrote:
    >>I wonder how it goes with HL2?
    >>even with software/CPU based graphics, it should fly and look good.

    > Well surely that's why they bought it... :p

    thats what I thought, what with the dates co-inciding and all.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 24, 2004
  6. Peter

    whoisthis Guest

    whoisthis, Nov 24, 2004
  7. In article <>,
    Peter <> wrote:

    > ... the new cluster probably beats anything currently available in
    >New Zealand in terms of raw computing power ...

    That's like saying that Auckland beats anything in New Zealand in terms
    of raw city size. :)

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 27, 2004