New nVidia WHQL 64-bit drivers (195.62)

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Carol Steele, Nov 27, 2009.

  1. Carol Steele

    Carol Steele Guest

    nVidia has just released a new set of 64-bit drivers - for Windows 7x64, but
    probably for other 64-bit OS's as well.

    From their web site:-
    This is a WHQL-certified driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, and 200-series
    desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.

    New in Version 195.62

    * Adds GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with the new Adobe
    Flash 10.1 beta. Learn more here.
    * Adds support for GeForce GT 240.
    * Adds support for OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce
    8-series and later GPUs.
    * Adds support for CUDA Toolkit 3.0 features and performance
    enhancements. See CUDA Zone for more details.
    * Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for many top new gaming titles
    including Borderlands, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, FIFA Soccer 10, and
    more.
    * Includes numerous bug fixes including improved performance for Need
    for Speed: Shift. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for
    information about the key bug fixes in this release.

    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

    Carol Steele, Nov 27, 2009

  2. Carol Steele

    roj Guest

    "Carol Steele" <> wrote in message
    > nVidia has just released a new set of 64-bit drivers - for Windows 7x64, but
    > probably for other 64-bit OS's as well.
    >
    > From their web site:-
    > This is a WHQL-certified driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, and 200-series
    > desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.
    >
    > New in Version 195.62

    .. snip
    > http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

    With information on failed install of 195.62
    System Win XP Pro x64, graphics card nVidia GeForce 8400 GS.

    First attempt seemed to download ~130MB of file and failed to
    install halfway through. Did a 'Restore' to previous week and then
    it "repaired" Kapersky AV, finally (after restore), yielded a VGA
    screen - Oh Thankyou nVidia, I muttered, after third re-boot.

    Yesterday returned to nVidia, downloaded 195.62 again and once
    more let it 'run'. This time the download seemed different - about 110MB?
    Ran, installed, no confusion, straight into the new system without a
    hitch. Uh???? OK, not looking gift horse in mouth, simply commenting
    on teeth.

    Take heart if bitten first time, try again. Still don't know what it didn't like
    the first time, just glad it made it on second try.
    roj

    roj, Nov 29, 2009