New nVidia GeForce and ION drivers for Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Carol Steele, Jul 22, 2009.

  1. Carol Steele

    Carol Steele Guest

    Carol Steele, Jul 22, 2009

  2. Carol Steele

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Thank You.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win-7 RC x64

    "Carol Steele" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Version 190.38
    >
    > http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win7_winvista_64bit_190.38_whql_uk.html

    > signature database 4267 (20090722) __________

    > http://www.eset.com

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4267 (20090722) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Dennis Pack, Jul 23, 2009

  3. Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 23, 2009
  4. Carol Steele

    Stan Kay Guest

    I had that hope too - but regrettably these are flawed too.

    On my Win 7 Ultimate build 7232 64 bit system I get the following error
    message:-

    "NVIDIA Display Panel Extension cannot be created"

    I have tried all the recommended solutions (no virus checking software, no
    Download Managers, uninstall old drivers etc) but nothing resolves the
    problem so I have reported the matter to NVIDIA and await a response.

    Stan Kay, Jul 23, 2009
  5. Carol Steele

    Carol Steele Guest

    Hi Stan,

    That's odd, I've had absolutely no problems with any of their Win7x64
    releases.

    Probably due to using different video cards (mine's a GeForce GTS 250).

    Carol Steele, Jul 23, 2009
  6. Carol Steele

    tsperling Guest

    Nah, it's not perfect. Here, it installed fine with all the 3D paraphernalia
    (which I do not use) and it looks good until websites with Flash (?) content
    start flickering violently when the mouse pointer passes over it. I can
    usually live having Flash enabled, and rather than disable it I would try
    and roll back, seeing it was better but with its own isues - but now parts
    of that one ain't installing!

    On top of all of that the Experience Index fell by 0.4 for 3D Graphics
    evaluation.
    (If that means anything at all?) So, not all that enthusiastic.

    Tony. . .

    tsperling, Jul 24, 2009