    Enermax 1000W 75A@+12V
    LAN 100/100
    XP x64 dualboot Vista x64

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Apr 6, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

    Theo Guest

    Theo, Apr 6, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 06:38:23 -0400, Theo <>
    wrote:

    >Please note that this driver currently only supports GeForce
    >8800 series. If you need a driver for other NVIDIA GPUs,
    >please visit www.nvidia.com/drivers and select the driver
    >for your product.

    guru3d.com has a 100.something beta version for XP64, which supports all
    models. Note: it's BETA, so install at your own risk.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Apr 7, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

    Jim Guest

    On Apr 7, 2:57 am, Jud Hendrix <> wrote:

    > guru3d.com has a 100.something beta version for XP64, which supports all
    > models. Note: it's BETA, so install at your own risk.

    I'd call those publicly-relaeased nVidia 8800 drivers (at the nVidia
    site) BETA too. I installed them in my x64 system with an MSI 8800GTX
    card, and they system would not reboot into Windows on the first
    try. It did make it into Windows on the second reboot, but I was then
    required required me to rebuild my entire RAID array because of the
    abnormal shutdown. I don't know whether anyone else will/has had
    trouble with those drivers, but I wanted to warn you regarding my
    experience.

    Jim

    Jim, Apr 7, 2007
  5. Did you remove the old one´s first in Add/Remove programs?

    I had no problem at all with the new drivers. SATA/RAID 0 array and a
    Gainward 8800GTX.
    With nTune installed I also have NVMonitor for GPU temperature and GPU clock
    settings.
    3DMark06: 11853 (No OC:ing)

    --
    Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
    Core 2 Extreme X6800

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Apr 7, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 09:48:02 -0700, Maratonmannen
    <> wrote:

    >Did you remove the old one´s first in Add/Remove programs?
    >
    >I had no problem at all with the new drivers. SATA/RAID 0 array and a
    >Gainward 8800GTX.
    >With nTune installed I also have NVMonitor for GPU temperature and GPU clock
    >settings.
    >3DMark06: 11853 (No OC:ing)

    They would install on my 6600, but not show video on booting. I remember
    the late 99 would warn that they were only for the 8800's, but this one
    didn't, and according to the info at guru3d, they are supposed to be for
    other models too. Hmm, going to check it out a bit further tomorrow.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Apr 8, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

    Jim Guest

    On Apr 7, 11:48 am, Maratonmannen
    <> wrote:

    > Did you remove the old one´s first in Add/Remove programs?

    I did *not* remove the old drivers first. But, I have rarely had to
    remove the old drivers first, going back almost fifteen years. I
    guess I have gotten lazy, as it ususally works.

    I was mostly wondering whether others had problems with those new
    drivers?

    Thanks for your comment.

    Jim

    Jim, Apr 8, 2007
  8. You should always read the Driver Installation Hints. :)

    "Before installing new drivers make sure you uninstall all NVIDIA display
    drivers from the Windows Control Panel. Browse to the Start Menu > Windows
    Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and search for "NVIDIA Windows Display
    Drivers" or "NVIDIA Display Drivers" and select remove."

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/driver_installation_hints.html

    --
    /Max
    Stockholm -Sweden

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Apr 8, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You forgot the 30 other hints, like don't use a download manager, turn off
    A/V, etc. etc.

    John Barnes, Apr 8, 2007