    easy is it to use? I would like to make most of my calls over VOIP and
    don't want alot of messing to make the calls.

    Thanks, John.
    JCH, May 23, 2006

  2. JCH

    Tim Guest

    JCH wrote:
    > Can anyone confirm that the Nokia phones (such as N80, E60 or E61)
    > work with a SIP account, not theoretically, but actually!. Also, how
    > easy is it to use? I would like to make most of my calls over VOIP and
    > don't want alot of messing to make the calls.

    I had a play with one of my employee's new Nokia phones. Yes, it did
    have options to put in SIP details but I couldn't get it to do anything.

    Tim
    Tim, May 23, 2006

  3. Tim wrote:
    > JCH wrote:
    >> Can anyone confirm that the Nokia phones (such as N80, E60 or E61)
    >> work with a SIP account, not theoretically, but actually!. Also, how
    >> easy is it to use? I would like to make most of my calls over VOIP and
    >> don't want alot of messing to make the calls.

    > I had a play with one of my employee's new Nokia phones. Yes, it did
    > have options to put in SIP details but I couldn't get it to do anything.

    Apparently the current firmware for the N80 is broken so doesn't work,
    whereas getting the E60 and E61 to work is possible but as difficult as
    passing an elephant.

    This is all from reading forums, and not based (yet) on personal experience.
    Thomas Kenyon, May 23, 2006
  4. JCH

    GwG Guest

    "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in message
    > Apparently the current firmware for the N80 is broken so doesn't work,
    > whereas getting the E60 and E61 to work is possible but as difficult
    > as
    > passing an elephant.

    How fast do the buggers run?
    GwG, May 23, 2006
  5. JCH

    alexd Guest

    Thomas Kenyon wrote:

    > Tim wrote:
    >> JCH wrote:
    >>> Can anyone confirm that the Nokia phones (such as N80, E60 or E61)
    >>> work with a SIP account, not theoretically, but actually!. Also, how
    >>> easy is it to use? I would like to make most of my calls over VOIP and
    >>> don't want alot of messing to make the calls.

    >> I had a play with one of my employee's new Nokia phones. Yes, it did
    >> have options to put in SIP details but I couldn't get it to do anything.
    >>

    > Apparently the current firmware for the N80 is broken so doesn't work,
    > whereas getting the E60 and E61 to work is possible but as difficult as
    > passing an elephant.
    >
    > This is all from reading forums, and not based (yet) on personal
    > experience.

    Which kind of beggars the question, what is the point? I thought the main
    feature of these phones was VoIP over WiFi!

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    21:47:00 up 3 days, 15:44, 0 users, load average: 0.76, 0.48, 0.46
    alexd, May 23, 2006
  6. JCH

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "GwG" <> wrote in message
    > "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in
    > message news:2%Hcg.10497$...
    > > Apparently the current firmware for the N80 is broken
    > > so doesn't work, whereas getting the E60 and E61 to
    > > work is possible but as difficult as
    > > passing an elephant.
    > >

    > How fast do the buggers run?

    Faster than you can..! Ever seen those wildlife programmes on telly..?! A
    herd of thundering elephants is not to be trifled with..!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 24, 2006
  7. In article <>, Ivor Jones
    <> writes

    >"GwG" <> wrote in message
    >> "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in
    >> message news:2%Hcg.10497$...
    >> > Apparently the current firmware for the N80 is broken
    >> > so doesn't work, whereas getting the E60 and E61 to
    >> > work is possible but as difficult as
    >> > passing an elephant.
    >> >

    >> How fast do the buggers run?

    >Faster than you can..! Ever seen those wildlife programmes on telly..?! A
    >herd of thundering elephants is not to be trifled with..!
    >
    >Ivor

    Allegedly, if you need to get away from an elephant... Just run
    diagonally up a hill. - High centre of gravity, they can't do it
    apparently. ;-}
    Philip Partridge
    Phil Partridge, May 26, 2006
  8. JCH

    Guest

    Riiight. Well, I will merely note that not all elephants live at sea
    level. ;)
    , May 27, 2006
  9. On Tue, 23 May 2006 18:54:06 +0000, Thomas Kenyon wrote:

    > Tim wrote:
    > Apparently the current firmware for the N80 is broken so doesn't work,
    > whereas getting the E60 and E61 to work is possible but as difficult as
    > passing an elephant.
    >
    > This is all from reading forums, and not based (yet) on personal
    > experience.

    I am struggling to get my new e61 to connect to Voipfone. Could you tell
    me on which forums you have seen anyone manage to get it to work? (Google
    didn't turn up much.)

    Steve.
    Steven Sumpter, May 27, 2006
  10. JCH

    news Guest

    In message <>, Steven Sumpter
    <> writes

    >I am struggling to get my new e61 to connect to Voipfone. Could you tell
    >me on which forums you have seen anyone manage to get it to work? (Google
    >didn't turn up much.)
    >
    >Steve.

    Steve, try asking in the Voipfone forum:
    http://www.voipfoneuserforum.com/

    --
    Ian
    news, May 28, 2006
  11. On Sun, 28 May 2006 06:29:11 +0000, news wrote:

    > In message <>, Steven Sumpter
    > <> writes
    >>
    >>I am struggling to get my new e61 to connect to Voipfone. Could you tell
    >>me on which forums you have seen anyone manage to get it to work?
    >>(Google didn't turn up much.)
    >>
    >>Steve.
    >>

    > Steve, try asking in the Voipfone forum: http://www.voipfoneuserforum.com/

    That was the first place I tried, but there are only 5 posts on the
    subject and that user was unsuccessful.

    Steve.
    Steven Sumpter, May 28, 2006
  12. JCH

    linker3000 Guest

    wrote:
    > Riiight. Well, I will merely note that not all elephants live at sea
    > level. ;)

    The population of Holland is doomed
    linker3000, May 28, 2006
  13. Steven Sumpter wrote:
    > On Tue, 23 May 2006 18:54:06 +0000, Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >
    >> Tim wrote:
    >> Apparently the current firmware for the N80 is broken so doesn't work,
    >> whereas getting the E60 and E61 to work is possible but as difficult as
    >> passing an elephant.
    >>
    >> This is all from reading forums, and not based (yet) on personal
    >> experience.

    > I am struggling to get my new e61 to connect to Voipfone. Could you tell
    > me on which forums you have seen anyone manage to get it to work? (Google
    > didn't turn up much.)
    >
    > Steve.

    When I last scoured the internet, I didn't find anyone that got one
    working with a provider, only with asterisk.

    I'm still trying to get some E60's so haven't had time to play (read
    scream) about them yet.
    Thomas Kenyon, May 28, 2006