    1. Advertising

  2. nick c

    Bruce Guest

    Bruce, Jun 26, 2012

  3. nick c

    nick c Guest

    nick c, Jun 26, 2012
  4. nick c

    RichA Guest

    On Jun 26, 12:35 pm, nick c <> wrote:
    > On 6/26/2012 1:55 AM, Bruce wrote:
    >
    > > nick c <> wrote:
    > >> A new entry level Nikon.

    > >>http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/News/Nikon-announces-latest-entry-le....

    > > Old news.  It was discussed here weeks ago.

    > Thanks.
    >
    > I must have missed that conversation.

    The buzz concerned it's 24mp APS sensor and what kind of lenses you
    need on that $599 body to do the sensor justice.
    RichA, Jun 27, 2012
  5. nick c

    Me Guest

    On 27/06/2012 12:22 p.m., RichA wrote:
    > On Jun 26, 12:35 pm, nick c <> wrote:

    >>> Old news. It was discussed here weeks ago.

    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> I must have missed that conversation.

    > The buzz concerned it's 24mp APS sensor and what kind of lenses you
    > need on that $599 body to do the sensor justice.

    Was the conclusion that it didn't matter, as any lens would perform
    better on 24mp than it would on less than 24mp, all other things being
    equal, or did the usual misconceptions about diffraction and lens MTF
    come up?

    I've used a D3200 briefly. For what is is, it seems okay. The dim/small
    pentamirror is not a great experience compared to better EVF or
    pentaprism equipped dslrs. I don't like the LED illuminated AF point
    brackets, with no way to know which is selected in single point AF mode
    until the shutter is half depressed, or look at the rear LCD. No auto
    bracketing is also a bit of a pain. As a Nikon user, I didn't find the
    need to use the LCD menu too bad, but it could be troublesome for
    someone not used to Nikon's menu layout.
    I've also used the OM-D, which is not my cup of tea at all, as the EVF
    is too low-res (compared to higher res EVF like the Sony slt a77, the
    OMD EVF is not a pleasant experience). The body is also too small, and
    too angular, with too many controls for my fat fingers. It looks nice
    though, quite the retro statement, but that shouldn't be the main design
    criteria, and IMO it's a fail. (I know some people really like this
    retro design, but IMO camera body design did not reach a peak in the
    early 1980s - they actually continued to get better. Leica users may
    disagree)
    Perhaps it's just my familiarity with Nikon bodies, the D3200 feels much
    better in the hands than an OMD, but the higher-end Nikons and Canons,
    from D90 up, really are in a different class for ergonomics.
    Me, Jun 27, 2012