*new* Nikon D70 Tone-Curve Uploading Tool

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by OxfordEye, Jun 2, 2005.

  1. OxfordEye

    OxfordEye Guest

    OxfordEye, Jun 2, 2005

  2. OxfordEye

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:48:27 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "OxfordEye"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I've just finished a tool that allows you to upload curves into the Nikon
    >D70 and D70s.
    >
    >Its available at www.oxfordeye.co.uk/software.aspx

    Though it may be a useful product, it would be nice if you contributed
    something to this forum other than advertising.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Jun 2, 2005

  3. OxfordEye

    Guest

    Hi Ed,

    Sorry if I've annoyed anyone with my posts, Im relatively new to
    newsgroups/forums and am unsure of the correct etiquette.

    I had been developing this software for a while and was so releaved to
    finish it I just posted haphazardly, my appologies.

    At the end of the day I'm just a photography enthusiast just trying to put
    my programming skills to good use. I will refrain from posting any form of
    advertisement here again.

    Thank you for you time,

    Todd.

    "Ed Ruf" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:48:27 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "OxfordEye"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I've just finished a tool that allows you to upload curves into the Nikon
    >>D70 and D70s.
    >>
    >>Its available at www.oxfordeye.co.uk/software.aspx

    > Though it may be a useful product, it would be nice if you contributed
    > something to this forum other than advertising.
    > Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    > http://EdwardGRuf.com

    , Jun 2, 2005
  4. OxfordEye

    Paul Furman Guest

    The best way is read some threads and where people discuss the need for
    such a product, you can offer there. You could try searching through
    google to find relevant threads then relate a bit about how you use it.
    Basically if you don't join in the conversations like a regular guy
    people will be suspicious.

    It does sound pretty cool what you've got going. Any chance of a
    firmware hack? That would be very cool to add a menu where a variety of
    custom curves could be selected in the field.

    --
    Paul Furman
    http://www.edgehill.net/1

    Paul Furman, Jun 3, 2005
  5. OxfordEye

    Guest

    Thanks for the advice Paul, I will do just that. I didn't mean to offend
    anyone, just raise public awareness about my program.

    Unfortunately the D70 is only capable of holding one custom curve... but
    believe me, if it could hold more I'd make it ;)

    Thanks again

    Todd.

    btw: Ive now uploaded a demo version of the tool in response to some earlier
    suggestions.

    "Paul Furman" <> wrote in message
    > The best way is read some threads and where people discuss the need for
    > such a product, you can offer there. You could try searching through
    > google to find relevant threads then relate a bit about how you use it.
    > Basically if you don't join in the conversations like a regular guy people
    > will be suspicious.
    >
    > It does sound pretty cool what you've got going. Any chance of a firmware
    > hack? That would be very cool to add a menu where a variety of custom
    > curves could be selected in the field.
    >

    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Ed,
    >>
    >> Sorry if I've annoyed anyone with my posts, Im relatively new to
    >> newsgroups/forums and am unsure of the correct etiquette.
    >>
    >> I had been developing this software for a while and was so releaved to
    >> finish it I just posted haphazardly, my appologies.
    >>
    >> At the end of the day I'm just a photography enthusiast just trying to
    >> put my programming skills to good use. I will refrain from posting any
    >> form of advertisement here again.
    >>
    >> Thank you for you time,
    >>
    >> Todd.
    >>
    >> "Ed Ruf" <> wrote in message

    >>>Though it may be a useful product, it would be nice if you contributed
    >>>something to this forum other than advertising.
    >>>Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    >>>See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    >>>http://EdwardGRuf.com

    > --
    > Paul Furman
    > http://www.edgehill.net/1