    Nikon dSLRs. Hey, it may even look like a near-circular fisheye on 35mm
    when the DX size circle vignettes...

    The specs are promising, though AF-S would be nice.

    Lung Fish, Apr 16, 2004

  2. Lung Fish

    ~ Darrell ~ Guest

    "Lung Fish" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns94CD7430D6F18lungfish@216.196.97.136...
    > 10.5mm f/2.8G ED AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor
    > I have finally seen it in stock in a store or two.
    > Does anyone have any experience yet with this new lens?
    >
    > http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=5&productNr=2148
    >
    > I like the idea that I can get a 16mm equivalent full-frame fisheye on the
    > Nikon dSLRs. Hey, it may even look like a near-circular fisheye on 35mm
    > when the DX size circle vignettes...
    >
    > The specs are promising, though AF-S would be nice.

    I would have liked it to be backward compatible to film cameras like the
    F100, F90X. But more proof digital is replacing film...

    ~ Darrell ~, Apr 16, 2004

  3. Lung Fish

    Bowzah Guest

    "Lung Fish" <> wrote in message
    > 10.5mm f/2.8G ED AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor
    > I have finally seen it in stock in a store or two.
    > Does anyone have any experience yet with this new lens?
    >
    > http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=5&productNr=2148
    >
    > I like the idea that I can get a 16mm equivalent full-frame fisheye on the
    > Nikon dSLRs. Hey, it may even look like a near-circular fisheye on 35mm
    > when the DX size circle vignettes...
    >
    > The specs are promising, though AF-S would be nice.

    Do you really need fast AF on a fisheye?

    Bowzah, Apr 16, 2004
  4. Lung Fish

    JR Guest

    > I would have liked it to be backward compatible to film cameras like the
    > F100, F90X. But more proof digital is replacing film...

    There already is the 16/2.8 fisheye which is the film equivalent. A
    10.5mm lens would be extremely expensive for a 35mm camera. Not cost
    effective.

    JR

    JR, Apr 17, 2004
  5. Lung Fish

    ~ Darrell ~ Guest

    "JR" <> wrote in message

    > > I would have liked it to be backward compatible to film cameras like the
    > > F100, F90X. But more proof digital is replacing film...
    > >

    > There already is the 16/2.8 fisheye which is the film equivalent. A
    > 10.5mm lens would be extremely expensive for a 35mm camera. Not cost
    > effective.
    >
    > JR

    I want wider ... Maybe I'll look at the Voigtlander 12mm Ultra-Wide Heliar.

    ~ Darrell ~, Apr 17, 2004