    ~~><~~
    The only reason some people are still alive is that I take my Prozac.
    Nathan
    netOBSESSIVE, Apr 4, 2004

  2. netOBSESSIVE

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 04:34:57 -0500, in
    <>
    netOBSESSIVE scrawled:

    >I have just gotten Agent. I am new to this type of program
    >and was wondering:
    >1. Is there a way to get the message by just clicking on
    >the header once?

    Press [ENTER]
    Or you can set Agent to download bodies with the
    headers -- that's what an offline reader is best at.

    >2. Is there a way to delete all read messages when I am
    >finished with them?

    Group / Purge Newsgroups.
    Or you can highlight any messages and press [DELETE].

    Don't forget to compact your database regularly.
    File / Compact database.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 4, 2004

  3. netOBSESSIVE wrote:
    > I have just gotten Agent. I am new to this type of program and was
    > wondering:
    > 1. Is there a way to get the message by just clicking on the header
    > once?
    > 2. Is there a way to delete all read messages when I am finished with
    > them?

    > ~~><~~

    I've never used it, but while you're setting it up, try making a valid
    signature. A valid sig is delineated with a line that contains only
    [hyphen][hyphen][space][return] Other readers (and Agent, too, I would
    hope) can then identify your sig, and snip it on the way to the editor
    (and or distinctively colorize it, as a user choice), so everyone who
    replies to your post doesn't have to do that manually.

    Thanks for the courtesy to the community.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    http://linuxnotjustforgeeks.org
    Blinky the Shark, Apr 4, 2004
  4. netOBSESSIVE

    netOBSESSIVE Guest

    On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 10:46:04 +0100, °Mike° <>
    thought they were being witty when they wrote:

    >Or you can set Agent to download bodies with the
    >headers -- that's what an offline reader is best at

    That's what I am looking for, but I can't find that in the Options
    menu. Any info is appreciated. TIA

    --><--
    The snack that smiles back...
    Nathan
    netOBSESSIVE, Apr 4, 2004
  5. netOBSESSIVE

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 05:59:17 -0500, in
    <>
    netOBSESSIVE scrawled:

    >On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 10:46:04 +0100, °Mike° <>
    >thought they were being witty when they wrote:
    >
    >>Or you can set Agent to download bodies with the
    >>headers -- that's what an offline reader is best at

    >That's what I am looking for, but I can't find that in the Options
    >menu. Any info is appreciated. TIA

    Group / Default Properties -- for all groups.
    Group / Properties -- for individual groups.

    And please fix your signature delimiter.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 4, 2004