    the new group will be for software support on a specialized application.

    thanks,
    jack

    Jack Reece, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Jack Reece

    Mark Graves Guest

    On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 13:12:57 GMT, Jack Reece <>
    wrote:

    >Will someone please direct me to the proper place to create a new newsgroup.
    >How do I go about it? Who needs to approve it? if at all.
    >I mean is there some sort of newsgroup GOD who says ok you can have one?
    >
    >the new group will be for software support on a specialized application.
    >
    >thanks,
    >jack

    Have a look here for some useful links:
    http://www.cs.uu.nl/wais/html/na-dir/newgroup-faq.html
    HTH
    --
    Mark Graves
    Create an increasing monthly income from services people are already using....

    Mark Graves, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Jack Reece

    Rob K Guest

    Jack Reece wrote:
    > Will someone please direct me to the proper place to create a new newsgroup.

    Read alt.config for a while - then forget it.

    And BTW, this is a text-only group. Attachments are not welcome.
    As an added bonus your E-mail account will probably reveive spam - you
    did not munge your E-mail address.

    Software support eh ? <grins>

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:

    Rob K, Mar 4, 2004
  4. Jack Reece wrote:

    > Will someone please direct me to the proper place to create a new
    > newsgroup.
    > How do I go about it?

    The first thing you need is two whole chickens. Live. Not dead. Preferably
    angry. (Angry chickens help with group propagation to the servers. No one
    knows why.)

    Next you will need a portion of suitable incense to burn during the creation
    ceremony. Sandalwood is nice.

    You will also have to pay special attention to the required ritual dress.
    Bare feet. Grass skirt. Mask hand carved of ebony. Two feathers of the
    phoenix affixed to the brow of the mask such that when worn they appear to
    be angled from the head in a forward leaning direction at approximately 45
    degrees.

    2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
    Salt (to taste).
    Hot oil.
    Ceremonial knife.

    Begin by dressing up in the ceremonial garb. Go outside just after dark to
    your front lawn. If you don't have a lawn then the street in front of your
    place of residence will do. The key is that it *must be* a public place
    adjacent to your home and neighbors.

    Light the incense. Kill both chickens and smear the blood across all of your
    exposed skin.

    Now grab both fowl by the feet, one to each hand, turn in circles forty
    three and one half times exactly whilst chanting the name of your proposed
    group in reverse.

    Lather.

    Rinse.

    Repeat.

    Pluck, gut, clean and cut chicken into serving size pieces, coat with flour,
    season with salt and fry.

    Wait two weeks and check usenet to see if your new group has propagated. If
    not ... then go to http://www.google.com and search for "How do I start a
    newsgroup?"

    [Originally posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk by Oxford Systems. This version
    has been slightly edited.]

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Mar 5, 2004
  5. Jack Reece

    God Guest

    Jack Reece wrote:
    > Will someone please direct me to the proper place to create a new
    > newsgroup. How do I go about it? Who needs to approve it? if at all.
    > I mean is there some sort of newsgroup GOD who says ok you can have
    > one?

    Yes. Name your group in the alt. hierarchy and it shall be.

    --
    I am The Great I Am

    God, Mar 5, 2004
  6. Jack Reece

    Jack Reece Guest

    Not exactly the answer I was looking for...........but what the heck... I'll try it!
    Does the ceremonial knife need to a Ginsu?

    jack

    Jack Reece, Mar 5, 2004
  7. Gary G. Taylor wrote:

    <snip> [Originally posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk by Oxford Systems.
    This version
    > has been slightly edited.]

    Wasn't there a vegetarian version of this? I seem to recall it involving
    a large aubergine and a generous amount of crisco.

    --
    Groeten/Regards
    Jeroen Wijnands

    Jeroen Wijnands, Mar 5, 2004