  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    how do I create a new news group? Example; Kelowna
    Mike, Feb 9, 2004

  2. Mike

    Mara Guest

    Mara, Feb 9, 2004

  3. Mike

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Feb 9, 2004
  4. Mike

    Richard Guest

    Mike wrote:

    > how do I create a new news group? Example; Kelowna

    No problem. Consult the group alt.config for a post on the subject.

    alt groups can be created without a hitch. It's getting services to carry
    the group that is the problem.

    In the subject line enter "cmsg newgroup"

    1) open OE. Click view menu then check "all headers".
    2) Find the item marked "keywords".
    3) enter "control message". Press return, not the tab key.
    4) enter the following: control:newgroup alt.kelowna press return.
    5) enter the following:
    6) in the body, enter "charter" then write a brief description of what the
    group is about, what is allowed and what is not allowed.
    7) "For your newsgroup files" is a brief one line description of the group.
    8) post to alt.config.
    9) the post should appear in the group control.newgroup
    Within a couple of days the group will appear on the official list of
    newsgroups.
    Now all you need to do is to contact a few thousand services.

    I just created my first group and it's being carried by several services.
    alt.binaries.html.
    Richard, Feb 9, 2004
  5. Mike

    informant Guest

    "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote in message
    > Mike wrote:
    >
    > > how do I create a new news group? Example; Kelowna

    > No problem. Consult the group alt.config for a post on the subject.

    Tell them Bullis sent you.

    > alt groups can be created without a hitch. It's getting services to carry
    > the group that is the problem.

    Yeah, you fucked up the rules and you're stuck with a dead group, St00pid.

    > In the subject line enter "cmsg newgroup"
    >
    > 1) open OE. Click view menu then check "all headers".
    > 2) Find the item marked "keywords".
    > 3) enter "control message". Press return, not the tab key.
    > 4) enter the following: control:newgroup alt.kelowna press return.
    > 5) enter the following:
    > 6) in the body, enter "charter" then write a brief description of what the
    > group is about, what is allowed and what is not allowed.
    > 7) "For your newsgroup files" is a brief one line description of the

    group.
    > 8) post to alt.config.
    > 9) the post should appear in the group control.newgroup
    > Within a couple of days the group will appear on the official list of
    > newsgroups.
    > Now all you need to do is to contact a few thousand services.
    >
    > I just created my first group and it's being carried by several services.
    > alt.binaries.html.

    Only one of your own services, Liar. It's a spamdump now.

    Search Results for alt.binaries.html

    Airnews Not carried

    biggulp.readfreenews.net (VISI.COM) Not carried

    Easynews Not carried

    news.cis.dfn.de (text only) Not carried

    NewsGuy Carries: alt.binaries.html (unmoderated)

    news.readfreenews.net (VISI.COM -- text only) Not carried

    Supernews Not carried
    informant, Feb 10, 2004
  6. "informant" <> wrote in message

    > "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote in message
    > > Mike wrote:
    > >
    > > > how do I create a new news group? Example; Kelowna

    > > No problem. Consult the group alt.config for a post on the subject.

    > Tell them Bullis sent you.
    >
    > > alt groups can be created without a hitch. It's getting services to

    carry
    > > the group that is the problem.

    > Yeah, you fucked up the rules and you're stuck with a dead group, St00pid.
    >
    > > In the subject line enter "cmsg newgroup"
    > >
    > > 1) open OE. Click view menu then check "all headers".
    > > 2) Find the item marked "keywords".
    > > 3) enter "control message". Press return, not the tab key.
    > > 4) enter the following: control:newgroup alt.kelowna press return.
    > > 5) enter the following:
    > > 6) in the body, enter "charter" then write a brief description of what

    the
    > > group is about, what is allowed and what is not allowed.
    > > 7) "For your newsgroup files" is a brief one line description of the

    > group.
    > > 8) post to alt.config.
    > > 9) the post should appear in the group control.newgroup
    > > Within a couple of days the group will appear on the official list of
    > > newsgroups.
    > > Now all you need to do is to contact a few thousand services.
    > >
    > > I just created my first group and it's being carried by several

    services.
    > > alt.binaries.html.

    > Only one of your own services, Liar. It's a spamdump now.
    >
    > Search Results for alt.binaries.html
    >
    > Airnews Not carried
    >
    > biggulp.readfreenews.net (VISI.COM) Not carried
    >
    > Easynews Not carried
    >
    > news.cis.dfn.de (text only) Not carried
    >
    > NewsGuy Carries: alt.binaries.html (unmoderated)
    >
    > news.readfreenews.net (VISI.COM -- text only) Not carried
    >
    > Supernews Not carried

    Don't forget Google Groups. They don't give a shit about it either.
    Alexander Cain, Feb 10, 2004
  7. Mike

    informant Guest

    "Alexander Cain" <> wrote in message

    > "informant" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote in message

    > > > No problem. Consult the group alt.config for a post on the subject.

    > > Tell them Bullis sent you.
    > >
    > > > alt groups can be created without a hitch. It's getting services to

    > carry
    > > > the group that is the problem.

    > > Yeah, you fucked up the rules and you're stuck with a dead group,

    St00pid.

    > > > In the subject line enter "cmsg newgroup"
    > > >
    > > > 1) open OE. Click view menu then check "all headers".
    > > > 2) Find the item marked "keywords".
    > > > 3) enter "control message". Press return, not the tab key.
    > > > 4) enter the following: control:newgroup alt.kelowna press return.
    > > > 5) enter the following:
    > > > 6) in the body, enter "charter" then write a brief description of what

    > the
    > > > group is about, what is allowed and what is not allowed.
    > > > 7) "For your newsgroup files" is a brief one line description of the

    > > group.
    > > > 8) post to alt.config.
    > > > 9) the post should appear in the group control.newgroup
    > > > Within a couple of days the group will appear on the official list of
    > > > newsgroups.
    > > > Now all you need to do is to contact a few thousand services.
    > > >
    > > > I just created my first group and it's being carried by several

    > services.
    > > > alt.binaries.html.

    > > Only one of your own services, Liar. It's a spamdump now.
    > >
    > > Search Results for alt.binaries.html
    > >
    > > Airnews Not carried
    > >
    > > biggulp.readfreenews.net (VISI.COM) Not carried
    > >
    > > Easynews Not carried
    > >
    > > news.cis.dfn.de (text only) Not carried
    > >
    > > NewsGuy Carries: alt.binaries.html (unmoderated)
    > >
    > > news.readfreenews.net (VISI.COM -- text only) Not carried
    > >
    > > Supernews Not carried
    > >

    > Don't forget Google Groups. They don't give a shit about it either.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=shithouse-rat

    <snicker>
    informant, Feb 10, 2004